exacomvm

DayZ Dev Team is lazy ?

I know it's Early Access and there's most work in the "background" not seen for us and we could not even seen DayZ SA even this day if it was in "Normal" production, but i still want to share my opinion, especially when for most people current dayz state is "Dying".

Am i the only who has the feeling that DayZ dev team is very small like up to 10 ppl ( in order to share better cut from the earned millions ) and overall lazy e.g. partying etc.
Well devs did a great job these days, optimized the game alot, lots of bug fixes, some major updates.. But as i remember they said something like ".62 will be only visual update and .63 will come out almost at the same time" but now they're fixing the same crash related bugs like all the time before and there's literally no progress on the game content, animations, visuals etc. What dev team did last 3 or 4 weeks is placed few houses + small fixes ( how long it normally takes for like 3 ppl ? 1-2days ? ).

I would suggest to work harder on the game content, modding engine that ppl extremely waits, f**k the bugs and glitches, the game pretty much has no issues and when all the content side, animation works etc is final, then bug fixing could begin.
Because now they will add RPG, Helicopters and later what ? Will be fixing RPG / Heli related bugs for a month or two delaying the overall game progress ? Better finish the game asset-wise and then slowly wipe the bugs. 

Literally every game on final version has bugs and similiar sh*t, but people still plays, so i would say "More buged DayZ w/ full content > Bugless .62 DayZ".

Edited by exacomvm

The only person who is lazy is you, if you had done some research most of your questions would have been answered.

DayZ dev team is very small like up to 10 ppl ( in order to share better cut from the earned millions ) and overall lazy e.g. partying etc.

Stopped taking you seriously after that sentence...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, nl said:

The only person who is lazy is you, if you had done some research most of your questions would have been answered.

Stopped taking you seriously after that sentence...

"most of your questions would have been answered."
I had no questions, only guesses.

"Stopped taking you seriously"
Any exact reason ? You think dayz devs has no free time ?
Also 10people is enough to develop a similiar game in 5years ( maybe not like Bohemia's due to its complex engine, but somewhat close and probs more on arcadish side ).
excluding Voice actors, motion capture actors etc. 
Game studios, movie studios it's all about business and $$$, not only entertainment.

Edited by exacomvm

11 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

"most of your questions would have been answered."
I had no questions, only guesses.

"Stopped taking you seriously"
Any exact reason ? You think dayz devs has no free time ?
Also 10people is enough to develop a similiar game in 5years ( maybe not like Bohemia's due to its complex engine, but somewhat close and probs more on arcadish side ).
excluding Voice actors, motion capture actors etc. 
Game studios, movie studios it's all about business and $$$, not only entertainment.

Well that's funny 'cause you are the one using question marks and sentences like "am I".

Exact reason is the suggestion that the devs are lazy and not doing their jobs right because they are "partying", be it in their free time or not.

Also you are hardly guessing but making all kinds of assumptions and basically your post is a rant we have seen many many times before on this forum...

Well I don't think they are lazy, but IMO they don't expect, or even want people to play it just now. I have said many times before that in my view game improved very much in the tech side, but the gameplay.... meh, looks like it gets worse. 

I really don't understand this at all, a lot of local forum members, of which some are fanboys, and some find current product being what they need - loves it currently. I don't. For me golden age of dayz was somwhere around 0.54-0.57 IIRIC. But the techside was rubish, at some part desync was really terrible, fps was super low (also I had potato laptop), and it still was more entertaining.

I think there are two scenarios going on - devs are not coming to one clear vision of the game, which is doubtful, while they obviously has arguments, because thats what humans do when they think. Second, they are trying to keep it as cold as possible, so people will not get bored of the game, and saving up the attractive side of it till it is at its best, or near the best.

IMO it could be always at its best, most attractive form, and it wouldn't hurt lol 

To put it short, really hope that 0.63 won't take forever, like a full next year to develop hahahah hahahaha hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahaaaa yes really, thats my expectation

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nl said:

Well that's funny 'cause you are the one using question marks and sentences like "am I".

Exact reason is the suggestion that the devs are lazy and not doing their jobs right because they are "partying", be it in their free time or not.

Also you are hardly guessing but making all kinds of assumptions and basically your post is a rant we have seen many many times before on this forum...

Well, maybe i posted a bit of trash, but still dayz development is way slower than it would be if they worked like on any of their main games.
Arma 3 for example is working fine, almost none bugs, maybe equally complex compared to DayZ and it took like 2years to make it to final version ( maybe because they used A2 as project base and didnt made such big changes on the engine, not sure ), but dayz didn't reached Beta in like 5years. You feel how low priority dayz is for Bohemia? That's why i made a conclusion that DayZ team in Bohemia offices is pretty small compared to other games/projects. 

Funny fact: Only after 4years they realized that some doors are too small and will work on bigger ones, why not test the average door dimensions while modelling the assets lol :D

@Mantasisg
Great point, that also could be huge possibility, even that they waiting for a new "trend" genre close to dayz and will strike with full force puting DayZ in the TOP again.

Edited by exacomvm

The tread here is lazy. Because it solves no problem no matter who or what is written here. Everything is based on assumption, and that is the fact of everything breaks. Pure waste of time.

47 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

You feel how low priority dayz is for Bohemia?

No. They aim to create a masterpiece. A masterpiece takes time.

We talk about feelings now? Ok, I feel that the priority of their flagship is very high.

8 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

The tread here is lazy. Pure waste of time.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

We talk about feelings now? Ok, I feel that the priority of their flagship is very high.

Yeah, too bad for most people masterpiece is garbage games such as PUBG or Rust. Hopefully DayZ in final state wont lose its challenges and wont make it any easier.
I wish DayZ had much higher playerbase and popularity. Cant even find people to play with, every mate is like "Nah dayz is shit, i play pubg its way more fun", going bit offtopic, but i decided to get pubg too, after playing like for 4hours went back to dayz, basically its cheap dayz clone with a moving devastating circle that prevents you from executing some tactics or placing you in unavoidable coin flip scenario everytime youre in a late game also the graphics looks like 5-10 years old, even they're using engine thats capable for way better performance and looks.

Edited by exacomvm

Yea dayz team are pretty lazy emplyees....I heard they only work one day a week, and their workday is only 1 hour long. Djez thats lazy

And yes, they are all about party in the evening...which we payed for with early access bling

I dont really know anything about this, but im just guessing based on the nice weather we have here to day..

Yup, just pulling random information out of my ass and posting on the forum...cos i have a right to be a retard

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, svisketyggeren said:

are pretty lazy emplyees....I heard they only work one day a week, and their workday is only 1 hour long. Djez thats lazy

LMAO, you just described Valve.

Edited by exacomvm

53 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

I hope you are right. I hope they have set the standards of the finished product so god damn high, they are undoubtedly confident that the entire modernized world is going to forget about Half-Life 3 for all eternity, shit bricks for weeks, call in sick and spend their entire yearly vacation in Chernarus, when DayZ 1.00 finally hits the market.

Edited by Vattenlarv

There are a few things to keep in mind about the status of development we're in right now.  One of the biggest things that the DayZ devs have promised (and are presently working on) is the new Player Controller.  It's expected to come as part of .63 I believe, someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

As I understand it:  The Player Controller (which they are working internally on right now - and as such we can't see the progress of ) is directly related to many of the current bugs presently in the game right now.  If there were no new Player Controller on the horizon they would have fixed already - or would be presently fixing - all of those many existing bugs.   But there is a new Player Controller on the horizon therefore it makes no sense to spend countless man hours fixing the present-tense bugs as many of those will be automatically fixed when the new player controller is implemented.

I hope that made sense to you, as I also hope you're genuinely interested in what seems to be taking so long.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, exacomvm said:

exacomvm

I think you want dayz to be a good game or you wouldn't be here.

I have seen the status reports and i have a good understanding of what's going on in development , or at least as much as they have released to us.

with alpha it's in development and they saw the game couldn't do what they wanted , so they started over on dayz 2.0 that's why it's taking longer for the game to be finished.  

• Like 2

Just to shut people up, here is a list of games that took forever

Galleon: 1997-2004 (7 years) ...

L.A. Noire: 2004-2011 (7 years) ...

Spore: 2000-2008 (8 years) ...

Too Human : 1999-2008 (9 years) ...

Team Fortress 2: 1998-2007 (9 years) ...

Prey: 1995-2006 (11 years) ...

Diablo III: 2001-2012 (11 years) ...

Duke Nukem Forever: 1996-2011 (15 years) Oh boy, here it is, the mother of all delayed games.

So enough with this bullshit about games only take a couple years to make and fix.

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

Off-topic: All of those games that took forever to make are garbage except for TF2...

Irrelevant, the whining and sniveling about the development of DayZ is pathetic.

Just be happy Dayz isn't on the EA dead list.... like every other one lately :(

and just be happy, that it isn't 60 dollars either.... Glad Dean poked in for us on all buggy EA games. We need more devs, to help keep standards in the industry.

Just wish we had more stand up for us, because right now all i see is tons of games being developed and tons more being dropped from the list.

Edited by sneakydude

5 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Irrelevant, the whining and sniveling about the development of DayZ is pathetic.

I don't think it is pathetic. People complain about other games that have been in "early access" for a while. People can complain. I believe the way we attack them when they are just trying to air their frustrations is pathetic. We could be more compassionate towards them.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 9:16 PM, scriptfactory said:

I don't think it is pathetic. People complain about other games that have been in "early access" for a while. People can complain. I believe the way we attack them when they are just trying to air their frustrations is pathetic. We could be more compassionate towards them.

Compassion for people too young to have developed reading comprehension and critical thinking skills seems appropriate.

For people who are too lazy, stubborn or ignorant to bother learning what is going on, is a perhaps asking a bit too much; especially when by posting here, they have established that they have internet access, a specific interest in this game, and the skills to read and write.

Something about a horse and water, yadda-yadda...

You are interested in a game - you play the game. You are very interested in a game - you visit forums. You are extremely interested in a game you know a lot of stuff and details from the development, practically you google DayZ every day, check all the reports, check all the blogs, watch YT videos and so on - you are a bit crazy. You are EXTREMELY interested in a game - you invite devs to friends in facebook, check their posts everyday, eventually it is not enough from you you find out where they live, and really stalk them, eventually getting arrested. 

Not everyone has deep enough interest and time to check and follow every status updates by devs, every single forum post and so on, and do it for 100 years till the game is developed. So I would accept it as a natural way of events if threads like this will continue to pop up frequently till the game gets in shape, perhaps till 0.63, just perhaps. 

Of course, I'm not saying that insulting devs is nice, but there are reason to complain at the moment. 

• Like 1

@Mantasisg  Nice job creating a false dichotomy.

What you say reminds me of people who complain about taxes, but have never voted.  They can't have it both ways.

Some folks like to learn all the songs by their favorite artist, others will memorize the statistics of athletes, some people have stamp collections.
What all these have in common, is that if someone with limited relveant knowledge and experience shows-up talking trash and making uninformed claims, it is annoying.

You may have noticed that the posts titled in the form a a question, with no presumption of laziness or cash grab accusations, usually get many concice and polite responses within a few hours.
It's almost as if a person walking up and interjecting themselves into an ongoing conversation get different results based on their level of politeness and knowledge of the subject....weird.

Almost no legitimate work was done to DayZ up until the point Dean Hall left development. The decision to implement the Enfusion engine was Bohemia Interactive's first real initiative to make this game a reality. The truth is that this game should not have have been released as an alpha. A new group of people inherited other people's problems, and these people have done a tremendous amount of work to bring us the DayZ everyone wants. On the surface it looks bad, but to say they are lazy at this point is crazy. The reason the game is taking so long to release is because any legitimate attempt to make this game what it needs to be would take a long time, and that's precisely why Dean Hall left. He didn't want to develop DayZ later, he wanted to do it now. He knew it was going to be literally years until he could implement anything he wanted, so he bailed. Meanwhile BI has been doing a massive amount of work Hall wasn't willing to sit through. Either that or they forced him out so they could start getting real work done and fix his disaster piece. We'll probably never know, but we do know that real work is getting done, and a ton at that. Bohemia Interactive has fully embraced DayZ, even going so far as to develop Arma along side it with the same engine. DayZ is no longer just one of their side projects, it's an integral part of their future as a company. For that reason alone it would reasonable to expect DayZ to be what it should be in the near future. 

Edited by Solopopo

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

@Mantasisg  Nice job creating a false dichotomy.

What you say reminds me of people who complain about taxes, but have never voted.  They can't have it both ways.

1. What is the false dichotomy he presented?
  2. You can complain about taxes and not vote if there is no one to represent you. What you just posted was a false dichotomy; the idea that you have to vote to form valid complaints about taxes.