Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.140525

21 minutes ago, Baroness said:

I'm so confused. Too many people involved atm.

Lancelot is from the FoxH clan, Aaron, Andrew and Peter are the random names which I mentioned yesterday. These 3 play together but like us, they don't have a clan-tag.

• Like 1

Issues with new ghillie gun wrap, seems to only happen around the tents above Elektro and around Pusta, Staroye, and Tulga.

What the hell happened to the new Rogovo? It's been change back to the old setup. When did it happen? Why did it happen?

@OliverPlotTwist  It reverted when the new textures were added, after the western expansion. The Zelenogorsk school is also gone now.

In other news: Muitas tendas para meus novos amigos

I did manage to meet up with FoxH guys.  They are from Brazil, so we had to google translate quite a bit at first, but Lancelot has ok-enough spoken English.
Coincidentally, his friend had cholera when we met up at Tisy again, but I don't think he got it from the camp we contaminated; apparently another camp that we raided was theirs, and they got discouraged and were moving to another server. We caught them just in time.
I made things right by taking them down to Big MF'n Camp and told them they could have it.  I warned them that all the bottles, canteens and pots were tainted with cholera, and that we never met the original owners; should make for an interesting meeting.

It is strangely satisfying finding some sense of community on the Official hive.  Took long enough...

Edited by emuthreat
Title
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Ze-Krush said:

Issues with new ghillie gun wrap, seems to only happen around the tents above Elektro and around Pusta, Staroye, and Tulga.

My friends and i all have the darkness on the wrap. Wherever in the map we go. No fix as of yet

Edited by serelaw

37 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

Wtf is going on here mate..

E8NjN11.jpg

it's one of those stories that begin with 4 construction builders and 5 bottles of vodka...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, liquidcactus said:

Wtf is going on here mate..

E8NjN11.jpg

Those are for Ladas and hopefully for Dirtbikes (in the future) like the narrow canyons / dry riverbeds and the curly dirtroads around this area. Had a few tries, but never managed to have a clear landing on the big (the right one on the Foto) ramp. The left is also possible with Sedan.

• Like 2

Just a regular session with full leather alchemist @emuthreat, my somewhat trusty chauffeur starvingart, my always very chill @IMT, and off we go to rescue bambi sid-now-baptized-sneakysnip. 

I lerv these guyz.

Off we go to Elektro. Zombies run at full speed, they're like skinwalkers, they're so fast and almost catch up to us. I scream internally and I think I may have shed a tear of utter fear. I was in the backseat of the car, that's ok, I think no one saw me. At least, I hope.

Y5VuA2T.png

wait....there was one guy missing...who was it? there was not 5 of us, just 4.... my brain is playing tricks on me.

Everybody has head torches except the girl who actually needs one.

cY6qZqd.png

sid aka sneakysnip. he made it to the firestation without a scratch (barely). his shirt is a mess. I rehydrate him with my canteen. That's what mama bears are for.

zkAFQ1T.png

In other news my somewhere-around-vybor-lopatino-kabanino camp was raided. You took all my burlap and nothing else, you sneaky bastard. Also you left my tent an utter mess. Do you know how anal I am about my tents? Now my cooking pots are all jumbled up and YOU'RE A MEANIE.

Joke's on you, there's a bunch of .308 in the pots that you missed. 

giphy.gif

I'm blind at night and my eyes are a mess. Call me Baron-the-Mole. I am the embodiement of a moving target at night. It's either that or I never play late sessions.

Here's my trusty running light. That's emu-aka-usain bolt that i'm trying to keep up with. That man has mad hill climbing skills. I am but a Padawan.

DxyJNl2.png

Edited by Baroness
  • Like 6

Sorry Baroness that might have been me with the burlap, but not the cooking pots.  I found your camp, but as far as I can remember I looked at it but pretty much left it alone.  Good job too as IMT told me later that it was yours.

You have more than enough burlap at woody. please put them back! :)

You have 50 burlap strips and at least 2-3 rows full of burlap sacks in a barrel somewhere at woody.

Edited by Baroness

And no I didn't move things around Baroness as I was full of loot from my NWAF run so no room on me to mess your tent up. Ask Emu and IMT on what I do when raiding tents its not re-organising that's for sure lol.

I can do that for you. Do you wan't me to re arrange your tents ;-).

2 minutes ago, Fing said:

I can do that for you. Do you wan't me to re arrange your tents ;-).

giphy.gif

I most defiantly didn't take your barrel Baroness. Looks like some one else has found your camp.

I didn't even see a yellow barrel when I was there. It was a few days ago when I found your place. I have only been there the once and that was when I found your camp.

On 29.07.2017 at 11:52 AM, goateswyn said:

Those are for Ladas and hopefully for Dirtbikes (in the future) like the narrow canyons / dry riverbeds and the curly dirtroads around this area. Had a few tries, but never managed to have a clear landing on the big (the right one on the Foto) ramp. The left is also possible with Sedan.

Where is that place?? :D

28 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Where is that place?? :D

From the Sinistock-Vavilovo junction of the main northern corridor, travel west towards the roadblock.  After a couple hundred meters, there will be a new road that turns off to the right and twists up the hill.  After a few turns, there will be another road to the left. this is the road that runs under those bridges/ramps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, emuthreat said:

From the Sinistock-Vavilovo junction of the main northern corridor, travel west towards the roadblock.  After a couple hundred meters, there will be a new road that turns off to the right and twists up the hill.  After a few turns, there will be another road to the left. this is the road that runs under those bridges/ramps.

from your description i'd say it is there (never been there myself, yet):

3FEE652E869C45946561AA4B256B0758605305E4

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

from your description i'd say it is there (never been there myself, yet):

Yup.

I've got two water-related questions:

1) Has anyone figured out the science of fishing? I tried my hand at it after a loong time. It used to be, you could fish an infinite amount of fish from literally any pool, within some predictable time. But recently, I tried to fish from a small stream and the results were horrible - one fish per numerous attempts. So I figured maybe bigger lakes yield better results and tried the ones at Elektro. Sure enough, I caught like 6 fish over some time. But here's the deal - all of them were caught within a minute of fishing. If I didn't get the message 'there is some movement' within 45 seconds, then I might as well sit there forever (once I waited more than 6 minutes, to no avail). I tried changing locations and not 'checking bait' too often, but these don't seem to impact the fishing chance. So, what are your impressions/lesons?

2) Do you find any kind of use for the waterproof bags? They do keep your stuff dry (although you must take it out, because inside the bag they read 'damp'), but when you're drenched, you make your dry clothes 'damp' anyway when you put them on. The only practical use for the waterproof bags at the moment is that when you're half-naked, you dry up much faster at a fire and only then you put on your dry clothes. But there is no actual situation in Cherno where this difference would make a difference. Any thoughts here?

@Baty Alquawen

Is there a point to submitting bug reports for super minor things? With the devs hopefully working around the clock on 0.63 and all?

Examples include:

- firewood can only be stacked when out on the ground, you can't stack it in your inventory

- cutting bark off with a hatchet crashes the game (at least with a birch, happened twice to me)

- clothes in waterproof bags register as 'damp', you have to take them out to see that they're dry.

I feel like it's a waste of time to report such issues as we await 0.63.

6 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

@Baty Alquawen

Is there a point to submitting bug reports for super minor things? With the devs hopefully working around the clock on 0.63 and all?

Examples include:

- firewood can only be stacked when out on the ground, you can't stack it in your inventory

- cutting bark off with a hatchet crashes the game (at least with a birch, happened twice to me)

- clothes in waterproof bags register as 'damp', you have to take them out to see that they're dry.

I feel like it's a waste of time to report such issues as we await 0.63.

i'd say report everything that isn't reported. especially the reproducible crashes (those are not minor imo, btw). i find the feedback tracker to be cluttered already, so it doesn't really matter if more minor things get reported.

• Like 1