Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.140525

Good morning everyone!

The latest Experimental update has been pushed to Stable branch and it has very important fix in it.

Here is it:

• fixed some server crashes reproducible by players
  • fix for client crash upon disconnect
  • trackIR sluggish response should now be improved
  • fixed ghillie visual (We made some changes to colours of Chernarus couple of updates ago, and the ghillie suit was in need of some colour tweaks as well.)
  • fixed some client side crashing
  • changes to wind samples

And as always, if you have any bug or crash, we have a special place for it: https://feedback.bistudio.com/

Greetings from dev team!

srbkxXK.jpg

• Like 27

That's good news!
Thanks for your work dayzdevteam. :D

And I have a few bugs to report what I'll do right away.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, alexander9822 said:

People us TrackIR?

Yes, a lot actually.
Some people don't like playing on 3rd person servers, TrackIr helps with keeping track of your surroundings.

Edited by OneStep
  • Like 5

Did this reset persistence? I played yesterday for the first time in awhile and amassed exactly enough stuff to fill a barrel. Then I was eaten by a wolf pack that was larger than normal and gave zero fucks when I killed the requisite 3 wolves. Just curious if I'm back to literally zero.

Hello, how much work remains for 0.63? Anyways thank you for an update :)

Zdravím z Jílového u Děčína , Severograd :)

great!

• Like 2

Thank you very much for this hotfix. The server we play on was plagued by a group that used this crash every now and then to I guess dupe. Found out yesterday how the crash worked and reported it but appartently it's already fixed. I will try to reproduce the crash to see if it's fixed as soon as I get on.

No more having to worry about me losing my ammo or worse my FAL (mag) to those filthy dupers, thanks!

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Did this reset persistence? I played yesterday for the first time in awhile and amassed exactly enough stuff to fill a barrel. Then I was eaten by a wolf pack that was larger than normal and gave zero fucks when I killed the requisite 3 wolves. Just curious if I'm back to literally zero.

Unless it's a big patch, they don't reset persistence on Stable. Even Experimental hasn't seen a wipe in a while by the way. And if they wipe, Baty will announce it in the OP. Last time they wiped, Baty made a topic about it that they were going to wipe persistence. So no, you're stuff should be ok. :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

I nearly died to wolves again. I was able to survive by standing right on the threshold of where I'd start swimming and where I can stand in a pond and chambering a CR75. That shouldn't be possible. I definitely should've died.

• Like 4

Is this related to server crash every time when my friend is killing someone? I wanted to report that bug but dunno if that is needed if we got some fixes added.

8 minutes ago, gaweu said:

Is this related to server crash every time when my friend is killing someone? I wanted to report that bug but dunno if that is needed if we got some fixes added.

Best way to find out is to go test it 

• Like 2

Can confirm that the reproducible crash is fixed.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

No wipe today. :)

3 hours ago, kudrosh said:

Hello, how much work remains for 0.63? Anyways thank you for an update :)

Zdravím z Jílového u Děčína , Severograd :)

Read the Status Reports, everything is there. Can't tell you more.

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-11-july-2017

Ps. Zdravíme z Práglu :).

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I nearly died to wolves again. I was able to survive by standing right on the threshold of where I'd start swimming and where I can stand in a pond and chambering a CR75. That shouldn't be possible. I definitely should've died.

Do you have a video?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

fixed ghillie visual (We made some changes to colours of Chernarus couple of updates ago, and the ghillie suit was in need of some colour tweaks as well.)

Have you fixed the hood now which is not possible to dye it to mossy, because it stays normal woodland green since you craft it? If you do not like mossy and always wear normal green ghillies you dont even have to use green spraypaint for it, because it is always green. Even when I want to have the ghillies is that yellow color when you craft one, I can never use the hood, becaus it is just ALWAYS normal green. And when I try a black spray paint on it to make it mossy it has the name mossy but it is still JUST normal green :D

Hopefully you guys can fix the white crosshair in the next patch! Here is an example. It happened to me the other day while I was at my base, I only had the SVD to defend myself and a random freshie with a double barrel rushed me. I submitted a report on it as well as this post!

Was really hoping for it to be fixed in this patch.

34 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Do you have a video?

No, sorry. Wasn't recording at the time. I'm sure I can reproduce it though.

Does anyone have any issues with crashing when interacting with deployed tents full of gear? Tried both clients. Crashing on multiple tents I found that belong to someone very lazy.

2 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Does anyone have any issues with crashing when interacting with deployed tents full of gear? Tried both clients. Crashing on multiple tents I found that belong to someone very lazy.

Yes I do.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

No wipe today. :)

On our server we have lost barrels, tents and loot today!

Just now, BlaineIT said:

On our server we have lost barrels, tents and loot today!

Contact your GSP. This is not from our side.

1 minute ago, Baty Alquawen said:

How I contact?

Email?

What is GSP?

I am italian

1 minute ago, BlaineIT said:

How I contact?

Email?

What is GSP?

I am italian

GSP means Game Server Provider, the company which you host your server with. Did you rent it by the way? The owner might've reset persistence if you didn't rent it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Bambiland2 same thing. Possible?

7 minutes ago, BlaineIT said:

Bambiland2 same thing. Possible?

Likely the owners of bambiland did a persistence wipe. Some servers do this regularly. 

Edited by lrp1984

So I stole an AK101 from someone's camp. I kept crashing while I was interacting with the tents. To be clear, my PC is power cycling virtually every time this happens. 

I drove across the map to my humble barrel stash and started looking around for a new sedan tire. I pulled my supressed AK101 out and shot a zombie. Got another crash. 

Game booted back up and now I'm crashing on the main menu.

My theory is that the rifle in my hands is corrupted in some way and causing these crashes but I could be way off.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1