Sign in to follow this  
gannon46

How did this happen?

I've been thinking about the state of survival games lately and a thought came to mind.

In every survival game with zeds or zombies the AI are never a threat usually except for a few games like PZ and state of decay. 

In most games players will scream to the heavens that players or humans will always be the number one threat.

Now my question is if humans are the biggest threat and zombies or zeds such a joke and easy to kill how the hell did the world collapse to begin with.

In a world supposedly where everyone is killed by disease and zeds/zombies there is very little death happening as a result to these creatures.

How does that make sense these zeds just happened to take out the military the police and private citizens armed to the teeth hell look at the zeds one punch they go down you don't even need a gun one round to the chest they go down usually depending on round of course but still it's like shooting tissue paper. 

So I ask how is it a game or games built on the idea that everyone was killed by zeds and the world destroyed by zeds have such a little amount of death form the very thing that is supposed to be the global threat to this virtual world or worlds? 

And I love dayz and the genre but it's a question that bugs me in most of these games with the whole humans are the worst threat, then why even have zeds why even create this world where everyone supposedly dies to them and there disease and not have zed or zombies be a threat nor the disease which caused the whole mess. 

• Like 6

The devs always forget about the mentality of the average gamer driven to play MP.  They want to do nothing but kill others.  Which is the reason so many of the survival based zombie MP games are so unrealistic and unplayable for the regular gamer.  No point when you get shot at every encounter.  You don't respawn in real life, making the online aspect a total farce for a real mental state in that situation.

DayZ devs want to make the Zeds more of a threat.  Can they....probably.  will they...not sure. 

I think the justification people usually use is that the players are "immune" and most people in the world weren't, so when we get hit by zombies (which happens often) we would become sick if we were regular people.

• Like 1

Shhhhh... you're exposing flaws in the system.

Now sit down and enjoy the damned ride like everyone else! 

/s

tenor.gif

• Like 4

Isn't that how most "end of the world" situations are depicted? With the end of the world, people don't get to collaborate but grows distrust against each other...

Even if the devs decide to make the Zeds more of a threat, it still wouldn't change the fact that a lot of MP players' intention is to kill other players.

But after all, I think this can still be "realistic". If there was to be a pandemic outbreak and Zeds roam the world, the survivors would be those who are used to killing, to survive as an individual. Society would revert back to hunter-gatherer groups, before villages and "collaboration".

I guess now matter how strong the Zeds can be, they are still viewed as lesser of a creature. It's less rewarding for someone to kill hundreds of Zeds, than to eliminate a group of human players.

Everyone in the map are infected, you spawn in from off the map and the others who spawn in are not infected. Residents of the map are infected, you are not a resident so you are not infected .

It's not just the infected that needs to be more of a threat.  The elements, wild animals, infections and diseases, having to actually scavenge for food.... Will those help decrease the KoS mentality?  Probably not but who cares, let them waste the few bullets they have.

Lore wise, some disease/virus became airborne, something like 60% of the world's population simply died from it, roughly 38% became the zombies as we know them today, and 2% were immune.  There were no 'safe zones' or uninfected individuals.  Numbers might be off but they're pretty close if I remember right.  Supposedly Rocket had a virologist (supposedly his brother) write up the details but to my knowledge they were never released.  My money would be on a mutated form(s) of rabies as rabies is fatal if not treated right away (explains the 60%), 'rage/madness' is one of the results of rabies (explains the 38%, but with some strain where it's not inherently fatal).

• Like 1

I see everyone's point I just wish they would eventually give them more health or maybe someone can make a headshot mod in the future where only headshots kill or it takes a shitload of bodyshots yeah yeah infected but I just laugh anymore when my buddies clear out all of NWAF with a garden hoe or a .22 pistol and I'm like wow the Chernarus military force was a joke. I just think I shouldn't be laughing instead I should be scared for my toons life and not even thinking of going to NWAF without proper gear or stealth but it's not like that then again the game isn't finished so I should give the devs a break I guess. It's just my opinion like assholes we all have one.

Clearing the NWA with an Amphibia is quiet a chalange. But thats the only way to get chalenged by Zed's because you need to headshot them. That trains the aim!

Military-Infected do and take more damage than civilian's do and take. I think that this sytem is'nt working as it is intended to be. But looking at this placeholders and Beta ahead, I think we get what we want from those creepy companions in the future.

They often have good cloth on them. I also wanna see this in their Inventory.400px-Zombie_hermit.jpg?version=377190c5

5 hours ago, gannon46 said:

I see everyone's point I just wish they would eventually give them more health or maybe someone can make a headshot mod in the future where only headshots kill or it takes a shitload of bodyshots yeah yeah infected but I just laugh anymore when my buddies clear out all of NWAF with a garden hoe or a .22 pistol and I'm like wow the Chernarus military force was a joke. I just think I shouldn't be laughing instead I should be scared for my toons life and not even thinking of going to NWAF without proper gear or stealth but it's not like that then again the game isn't finished so I should give the devs a break I guess. It's just my opinion like assholes we all have one.

While the CDF probably was a joke, you can't really shoot a virus, especially if MAYBE one guy in the entire platoon is the only one who won't turn zombie.  I hate to make Walking Dead comparisons with DayZ but it would be something like that, everyone's infected.  All it would take would be an old man to have a heart attack inside the walls and now there's another outbreak.

Keep in mind we're still in Alpha (at least for a couple more updates), as tired as that 'excuse' is getting now, they're probably still debaiting on the 'story' and lore and if there should even be one.  I mean if you look at the Living Dead saga they never ever really explained WHY the dead were rising.  They said something about a radioactive probe returning from space in the very first one but even then the 'expert's were arguing about whether that was the cause or not.  We just have to wait and see if they'll give us more background on the Infection or not.

• Like 1

They will be able to destroy doors and barriers.

They will cause infections from swiping you with dirty claws.

Now imagine there's a horde with hive mind mechanics all attacking the house you ran to for safety.

That's just some of the basic stuff on the back burner for infected.

8D

People will also likely make mods with more deadly infected....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

Looks like this has been answered haha

But yeah, I agree that I would like the Zeds do quite a bit more, and don't doubt they will eventually. 

Soon enough, they'll break down doors and barricades, Peter hinted at them leaping from rooftops, and a whole mess of biohazardous infections. So while the players are immune to the Z-Virus, they're scary lepers coming at you. 

I think in the future game in a group that plays correctly to simply hear another character cough will be cause enough to wish to get away from them, or even to kill them so they can't infect anyone. 

As for Modding.. You can be sure to see someone make the Zed like Romero Zombies that need to be headshot, as well as other kinds of monsters. 

At the end of the day, if they pump up the player count to 100 eventually and keep the same zed count with a % Chance to summon a Horde in your immediate surroundings (10-20 Hive), then that'll be scary enough. 

Edited by Espa

Hordes will not be a threat if the devs don't increase the strengh of infected: 

Edited by Gadget_97