Sign in to follow this  
TrojanWarriorFTQ

Barrel Lids

Community,

Please can anyone confirm the event required to open a barrel lid. Is it only player interaction? As far as I am aware this is only player action "open lid".

I have been told barrel lids will open after (8) days of no player interaction and things will start to despawn. Can anybody provide any more knowledge on this?

5 hours ago, TrojanFTQ said:

Community,

Please can anyone confirm the event required to open a barrel lid. Is it only player interaction? As far as I am aware this is only player action "open lid".

I have been told barrel lids will open after (8) days of no player interaction and things will start to despawn. Can anybody provide any more knowledge on this?

I am not entirely certain, but I don't think open barrels despawn items any quicker than closed ones. All containers in the game have a set amount of time they will hold items without despawning them. I think that as of now, interacting with a container will refresh this time. I remember reading something a few patches back that they had finally implemented this refreshing feature, or that they were at least on the verge of implementing it. I haven't lost any of my stored items. I've had entire tents wiped, but I haven't noticed items vanishing from my containers. For the most part, if the container is still there you can be pretty certain the items are, assuming nothing was stolen from you. Just last night I stumbled upon a military tent I forgot I placed and it still had all my stuff from over a week ago. Just make sure you pick a server that doesn't reset it's persistence very often. 

Edited by Solopopo

well in 61. I'm sure me and my crew accidentally left a stash barrel lid open and nothing depsawned over say a 12 hr period. Interacting will definetly refresh the despawn counter for said storage but as far as i know pretty much all (barrels, tents) stay until a all hive wide reset. Tho I'm sure something happens if someone has NOT interacted with their storage for a week or 2 ? hmm you really got me thinking here..

Despawning items after only 8hrs with no lid ? i would seriously doubt that.. can anyone else tell us some info on despawning storage items ?

On 7/16/2017 at 4:28 AM, TrojanFTQ said:

Community,

if your lid is open and you didn't open it then a player opened it, in past patches a barrel would  despawn after 8 days , but now i'm not sure how much time it takes . i

'm sure that if stuff is gone from your barrel then you were robbed .

• Like 1

You open lid just like you open the door. That bull poop of yours is untrue, kinda creative, but that's not how it works. Just remember to move few items around the barell so the despawn timer resets. Don't trust me, but I think I left my campsite with military tents and barrels for 10 days and they didn't despawn. 

Edited by Just Caused
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. I thought I enabled notifications so sorry or the delay. Still no closer it seems but its most likely that lids will only open by player action "open lid".

On 7/17/2017 at 7:04 AM, Just Caused said:

You open lid just like you open the door. That bull poop of yours is untrue, kinda creative, but that's not how it works. Just remember to move few items around the barell so the despawn timer resets. Don't trust me, but I think I left my campsite with military tents and barrels for 10 days and they didn't despawn. 

Forgot about a couple tents I placed for over three weeks. Just cam back to them a few days ago and they were still there.

• Like 2