attackm0de

Stutter 062

Hi, Im noticing some stuttering every minute or so to the point where the game freezes at a few seconds at a time. I have a 1080 GTX card and am surprised that this is happening at all. Other games like, 

Wildlands
Seige
Miscreated

all work without the stuttering happening.

Any ideas? I see that Dayz streamers such as Deadlyslob and such are not experiencing this stuttering which means it must be my machine.

Thanks in advance 

I have a 1080 for 10 days now and haven't experienced anything like this.

As always check the basics with MSI afterburner for:
- CPU per core usage
- CPU per core temp
- RAM usage
- pagefile usage
- GPU usage
- VRAM (yet I don't think VRAM to be a problem on a 1080 in DayZ)

I have an i5-6600 and sometimes in very intense CPU games I experience a pike at 100% on the CPU but for a micro second. Nothing that you could call a bottleneck. See if it's something like this on your side.

I know there is/was a bug where you get 1 FPS/stutters/freezing/hiccups but I'm not sure if that's the case here. If it's every minute then I don't think it's that bug. Haven't seen the bug in a while either.

On what kind of disk do you have DayZ installed, an HDD or a SSD?

If this is your first time back after a long hiatus you might want to do a few things to clear out all of the archaic junk:

- Make sure you have no startup parameters

Steam > Library > Games > DayZ (right-click) > Properties > Set Launch Options > (delete everything) > OK

-Delete (or better yet, just Rename so you have a backup) your DayZ Config folder  

C:\Users\(Your Username)\Documents\DayZ   then restart Steam, then Dayz will create new / default configs

Good luck.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1