JanitorWithAGun

Vehicles are useless

1 hour ago, Mantasisg said:

@Guy Smiley I do have almost stopped playing DayZ since 0.60, since I found out it getting not where I'd like to. 

I will complain till I see it being meaningful. i wouldn't complain at all just for myself if i was the minority, but looking at steamcharts - I'm not.

And that is fine you disagree with some of the development cycles and whatnot, my problem (and I think a lot of other informed people out there) is that there's massive amounts of misinformation being spread around on forums, steam, youtube etc, which is what is really frustrating for the people who read up on development. Everybody is allowed an opinion but at times it becomes one big f*ck-fest for no reason. As I mentioned earlier: "The only useful criticism, is constructive.", which I see less and less of sadly.

-TikTac'

Edited by TikTactical
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mantasisg said:

I'm not happy running around for multiple hours not meeting anyone, not getting into anything. 

Then by all means.. leave.

Please. You yourself are already aware of how much you are wasting your own time. 

Move on. 

@TikTactical Thank you, really great responses from you and wall of text really appreciated. I didn't know before that cars are actually spawning functional now. But I think I have right to think that something is wrong with them, if I put ~10hours into game, and don't get to have a car at all. You can say thats me just being stupid noob, but not everyone has thousand hours in DayZ and good luck. I have 500 and very low luck, I guess. Thats why I think cars are useless, to me they are just a goal, but it is most likely that it will be better not try to fix a car, and just run, I don't really see having a car being rewarding, it hardly opens wider possibilities in the game. It moves fast, it has a lot of inventory space, but it is just not so great somehow, because various other reasons. I'd see it being great to have possibility to move around the map and to your camp, but then I don't see having a camp really meaningful. 

I'm aware that it is alfa, hopes for beta are really big. At least I'd like to feel less lonely in Chernarus, would be good enough. Really miss Novo fights and interactions.... :(  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

@TikTactical Thank you, really great responses from you and wall of text really appreciated. I didn't know before that cars are actually spawning functional now. But I think I have right to think that something is wrong with them, if I put ~10hours into game, and don't get to have a car at all. You can say thats me just being stupid noob, but not everyone has thousand hours in DayZ and good luck. I have 500 and very low luck, I guess. Thats why I think cars are useless, to me they are just a goal, but it is most likely that it will be better not try to fix a car, and just run, I don't really see having a car being rewarding, it hardly opens wider possibilities in the game. It moves fast, it has a lot of inventory space, but it is just not so great somehow, because various other reasons. I'd see it being great to have possibility to move around the map and to your camp, but then I don't see having a camp really meaningful. 

I'm aware that it is alfa, hopes for beta are really big. At least I'd like to feel less lonely in Chernarus, would be good enough. Really miss Novo fights and interactions.... :(  

Well, as you already said, it's a goal for you. I don't understand what the problem is then? Sure, the vehicles might not be in the best position at the moment but if someone took a vehicle apart, it gives you a mission, a goal. Who knows, maybe you get killed while trying to get that thing together. That is DayZ right there. And in the end, if you drive away in your vehicle which took a while to put together, you're going to feel like a boss. Cars in the mod were a big thing and even the developers stated that vehicles are going to play a vital part in DayZ and so it will be. And it also totally makes sense to find a stripped car. Wouldn't you take a battery from another car in real life, in an apocalypse if you need one? That leaves the one you took it from without a battery. This means that the next person who comes across this car needs to find a new battery in order to get the thing working.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

And THANK YOU for NOT being insanely narrow-minded when it comes to responses having different opinions than yours, it is gladly appreciated. I don't use vehicles all that much myself at the moment either, but I do use them when I establish bases far up north. Although I haven't made one in .62 yet. We can both agree with the fact that the vehicles aren't 100% functional and definitely needs work, but I still find them useful, it just depends on the situation, and what my plan is for my character at a given time. And one thing about being lonely, the dev team is planning to have 100 player servers (which I personally find crazy if you want to build a base but hey) so you'll have plenty of peeps around to interact with. :p

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

op, I think you need to go find where the whaaaaaambulances spawn.

vehicles are fine.  they work just like real-life ones - don't drive like an idiot and you stay on the road.

Just lol. Tires don't magically explode in real life, nor do they get stuck on tiny objects. They don't flip for no reason either.

This is the average experience finding a vehicle: (Skip to 1:23)

• Like 1

Up until 0.62 EXP, when I found a crashed Lada right next to some tire spawns, I had never—repaired—a—vehicle—in—this—game. For me they're fun, but useless, and it's not worth spending my time on them.

In the time it takes to repair a vehicle, I could simply run to whatever location I wish—and I'll get there without alerting everyone in the area.

The driving physics, desync, etc, aren't there yet either, and pretty much every ride, at some point, ends with a crash.

So right now, with my goals, they are ultimately useless but...

7 hours ago, JanitorWithAGun said:

Are they planning on changing this

...yes.

• Like 1

The biggest problems with vehicles are cause by players at this time.  The aforementioned lack of parts, the things that happen when YOU OR I crash said vehicle, and the handful of other players on a hi-pop who come to kill you and take the vehicle.

It is true that certain always full private servers are hell to try to keep a motor pool on, and I can only hope that camouflage netting will help this in the future.

As with everything in DayZ lately, I say you need to choose ONE OR TWO SERVERS, and make yourself a home.  If you can get a couple of trucks and one of each civilian vehicle, and stash them someplace relatively safe, you should have no problem keeping yourself flush with working vehicles.

• Like 2

Damn this is special game lol

Really have to stop doing premature conclusions, and don't go mad. So it's the wait time. When Devs mentioned that 0.63 is the time when they actually STARTS making a game made me really happy. Really curious to see whats up in the future.

As for greater count of vehicles, I think it would work well, because many of them would get stripped out, so it would be challenging enough anyway. 

Yes.... bases and largely populated servers doesn't mix @TikTactical I have been thinking that it would need some special approach, can't wait to see what devs will come up with. I love the usual dayZ (as long as you get thing happening not too rarely), I would also really like to have clans system in DayZ, so I could join as particular clan member and have a place to defend, build, and have guaranteed interactions without worries of asking if someone is friendly or not. Well, if not, then thats idea for a mod though :)

Can't wait for 100peeps servers, and better balanced vehicles :) 

For driving realism aspect Assetto Corsa will do.

PUBG is for speedy quick action rounds gameplay.

DayZ is for immersive natural survival and realism, voice communication (DayZ is very good way to practice speking in English (when you actually are able to meet someone)), epic unforgettable heart rate rising battles.... But for a while it wasn't working. vehicles is minor problem IMO, the main thing is interactions with other people. There definitelly shouldn't be too many vehicles atound, because if everybody will be driving, and I guess it would actually reduce interactions, and no one will be running at all, it is going to be weird too. But now it is just too low, obviously. Looking forward for this act of balance to kick in. 

Edited by Mantasisg
  • Like 1

Never had issues with vehicles, just learn to drive.

"And even then, it will break for no reason and all tires will explode. "
That's exactly what happens when you drive like crazy. Probably driving at max speed then drift off road damaging all the parts.

Just stick to the road and dont drive max speed nonstop and u should be fine for weeks with the same car. Plain fields also is pretty safe.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 2