JanitorWithAGun

Vehicles are useless

Like finding one isn't hard enough,  there's always tires and other parts missing and you have to scavenge for an hour to make it work. And even then, it will break for no reason and all tires will explode. All that time you spent scavenging for parts down the drain.

I remember when they first introduced vehicles, they always spawned drivable and they didn't break which made the game way more fun. Having no usable vehicles makes the game a chore when you have to do so much running. It just takes too much time to run on such a big map. I know the game is supposed to be hardcore and realistic but the current system is not realistic. It's just frustrating for no reason, vehicles don't break so easily and there's no reason they can't spawn with all parts intact more often.

Are they planning on changing this or are they just gonna remain useless?

• Like 1

Trust me, it's not the developers, it's the players. They currently spawn working with every part in there, even the tires. It is the players who throw the parts and other items out.

They're definitely not useless... ok the bus is. They all have a learning curve, the more you drive, the more you learn. I rarely wreck a vehicle because I got so many hours of practice in. At first always stay on the road, preferably paved roads. Once you get some experience and you know the area a bit you can try going off-road through fields. Another huge tip: stay out of forests or treelines with vehicles, you're going to get yours wrecked, 100 %.

So they are spawning functional but this will not stay this way. It's currently this way so it makes testing easier but in the future they will probably spawn with random parts, which makes sense.

• Like 2

They really are useless. Agree with OP

And if other players are stripping them out it doesn't defend the game. It just shows that game design has flaws. Maybe just simply increase vehicles spawn numbers, and it will be lesser issue. 

maybe when devs will actually want us to play DayZ then we'll see how quickly all these game breaker issues will vanish.

Edited by Mantasisg

9 minutes ago, IMT said:

Trust me, it's not the developers, it's the players. They currently spawn working with every part in there, even the tires. It is the players who throw the parts and other items out..

You sure? Could have sworn I've found freshly spawned vehicles with parts missing.

26 minutes ago, JanitorWithAGun said:

Like finding one isn't hard enough,  there's always tires and other parts missing and you have to scavenge for an hour to make it work. And even then, it will break for no reason and all tires will explode. All that time you spent scavenging for parts down the drain.

I remember when they first introduced vehicles, they always spawned drivable and they didn't break which made the game way more fun. Having no usable vehicles makes the game a chore when you have to do so much running. It just takes too much time to run on such a big map. I know the game is supposed to be hardcore and realistic but the current system is not realistic. It's just frustrating for no reason, vehicles don't break so easily and there's no reason they can't spawn with all parts intact more often.

From your post it sounds like you haven't played since the vehicles are drivable when you find them in a spawn spot.

8 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

They really are useless. Agree with OP

And if other players are stripping them out it doesn't defend the game. It just shows that game design has flaws. Maybe just simply increase vehicles spawn numbers, and it will be lesser issue. 

maybe when devs will actually want us to play DayZ then we'll see how quickly all these game breaker issues will vanish.

I don't think DayZ Vanilla is going to be for you then. I think the vehicle spawns will be the same or even less in Vanilla. DayZ isn't supposed to be easy peasy, lemon squeezy, it's supposed to be hard.

3 minutes ago, JanitorWithAGun said:

You sure? Could have sworn I've found freshly spawned vehicles with parts missing.

Yes I'm 100 % that they spawn fully functional, all of them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

From your post it sounds like you haven't played since the vehicles are drivable when you find them in a spawn spot.

So they changed that? I haven't found a working vehicle since so I didn't know that.

The vehicles always work better and more realistic. Realistic is that we can not drive as with GTA .. no, the vehicles react better to different influences and surfaces (I drive for 25 years cars, several times trucks and tanks IRL and you?). The vehicles are now very simple because they are complete with the Spawn (otherwise they are used or plundered). You have to be very careful with them to have long fun. And in the future it will again be as at 0.54 where you are hurt yourself or even dies when you have an accident. They will be something like gold in the future, but that does not have to understand everyone.

Another "it is not supposed to be easy", "the game is not for you" hipsterish opininon....

If you like to spend your whole free day to look for a stripped down car which is like 1 out of 20 distributed across 14x14 km map, bring parts just to find that:

a) car is gone
b) you don't need it anymore
c) new parts are missing
d) you don't want to play DayZ anymore
c) you are missing tools
e) you get shot as you get near the car
and more...

Ok but you got lucky... you found a car which was not stripped down, or missed very few parts, or had friends to get it going really quickly... many friends. So whats then:

a) you roll over immediatelly
b) you get stuck somewhere
c) you get shot by other guy camping for that car
d) you don't want to play dayZ anymore
e) You actually drive well, carefully, succesfully get where you want (if you know where tou want to go) and:

• You have to go to sleep, or do what you do for life, or whatever...
  • Server turns out to be empty - you are fool
  • You attract multiple players and get shot
  • You are afraid to leave car anywhere because you are almost certain that it will be stolen very quickly

f) You realise that you don't have any idea where you should go, and the efforts were pointless, you are also afraid to to leave car anywhere.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy. DayZ is supposed to be hard they say lol 

Learn to separate playable from difficult. 

Cars are useless

• Like 1

Easy sqeezy raspberries with honey kisses.

I'm looking for the cars never .... so I find them (first rule of DayZ -->    You will find everything you are not looking for) I only need them, when I find them and I drive where I know I do not need it anymore ..... so frustrates me not.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

Another "it is not supposed to be easy", "the game is not for you" hipsterish opininon....

If you like to spend your whole free day to look for a stripped down car which is like 1 out of 20 distributed across 14x14 km map, bring parts just to find that:

a) car is gone
c) new parts are missing
c) you are missing tools
and more...

Ok but you got lucky... you found a car which was not stripped down, or missed very few parts, or had friends to get it going really quickly... many friends. So whats then:

e) You actually drive well, carefully, succesfully get where you want (if you know where tou want to go) and:

• You are afraid to leave car anywhere because you are almost certain that it will be stolen very quickly

f) You realise that you don't have any idea where you should go, and the efforts were pointless, you are also afraid to to leave car anywhere.

Cars are useless

Yeah that's my feelings as well. The time, effort and sheer luck required is just too much.

Edited by JanitorWithAGun

op, I think you need to go find where the whaaaaaambulances spawn.

vehicles are fine.  they work just like real-life ones - don't drive like an idiot and you stay on the road.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JanitorWithAGun said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkkkkkkkkkay?

First of all.. they ALL spawn in ready to drive away. They spawn in KNOWN locations, all over the map. They are easily spotable from long distances, even hidden in trees.

They truly do not break that easily right now.. you can even drive them with destroyed tires. 

Have you even played lately?

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

Easy sqeezy raspberries with honey kisses.

I'm looking for the cars never .... so I find them (first rule of DayZ -->    You will find everything you are not looking for) I only need them, when I find them and I drive where I know I do not need it anymore ..... so frustrates me not.

It is definitelly harder to find exactly what is being looked for. lol no wonder haha

There are many first rules of DayZ lol, one of the first rules in DayZ is : Don't trust nobody. And all of them are first rules lol

57 minutes ago, Irish. said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkkkkkkkkkay?

First of all.. they ALL spawn in ready to drive away. They spawn in KNOWN locations, all over the map. They are easily spotable from long distances, even hidden in trees.

They truly do not break that easily right now.. you can even drive them with destroyed tires. 

Have you even played lately?

And how many known positions there are ? 100 ? 150 ? 

If cars are easy to spot while in the trees, then it is much more a negative point than positive. Unless somebody didn't try hard enough to hide it, or is it a game ?

No haven't played much lately. And you really have to play much for a car. And it doesn't payoff, so if you find a car, and it is missing too much parts, then just keep running. Thats could be the conclusion of this thread. 

7 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

And how many known positions there are ? 100 ? 150 ? 

If cars are easy to spot while in the trees, then it is much more a negative point than positive. Unless somebody didn't try hard enough to hide it, or is it a game ?

No haven't played much lately. And you really have to play much for a car. And it doesn't payoff, so if you find a car, and it is missing too much parts, then just keep running. Thats could be the conclusion of this thread. 

1. Here is the map that literally shows every vehicle spawn point: https://www.izurvive.com/

2. I'm leaving that one alone.. 

3. Then you have no context to even make a post like this.. what are you doing? 

4. When I go looking for a vehicle, I find one in 30-60 mins. While looting around, so not JUST looking for car. This is EVERY time on newest build.

5. It is completely worth it, if you find a vehicle. Once you know how to drive them properly, and understand how they work (with parts, etc.) its quite easy and very rewarding to drive around Chernarus.

6. Right now, all of the vehicles are made for testing purposes. So RUINED items do not affect it too much. You do not need glow plugs for trucks, ruined batteries work for all vehicles, and tires dont matte accept you have less traction with ruined tires.

Next time you make a post like this.. maybe play a little first, try to get some context.. and always remember this game is in development. It changes quickly and often. This whole post shows you have not played lately, and therefore makes no sense at all to even put up.

You wasted your time, and everyone else who visited this thread. Since you literally did not know what you were talking about. :)

• Like 4

Last time I found a car...(Think second .63 patch)

• Lada 4x4 YES!!!
  • found a wheel to complete the car!
  • YESS!!!
  • Get in and started it.
  • HELL YES!!!!
  • Tried to drive with my 4x4 up a small hill. (Nadezdhino >> green mountain)
  • Car flaoted left right left right... couldnt get up the hill. (on the road)
  • get out all wheels checked
  • no change
  • Felt like a boat trying to drive forward while fixed.
  • really strange...
  • U-Turn to drive on concrete roads
  • real hard desync
  • Car is broken

No fun right now.... for me.

24 minutes ago, Irish. said:

3. Then you have no context to even make a post like this.. what are you doing? 

4. When I go looking for a vehicle, I find one in 30-60 mins. While looting around, so not JUST looking for car. This is EVERY time on newest build.

Next time you make a post like this.. maybe play a little first, try to get some context.. and always remember this game is in development. It changes quickly and often. This whole post shows you have not played lately, and therefore makes no sense at all to even put up.

You wasted your time, and everyone else who visited this thread. Since you literally did not know what you were talking about. :)

OK, you must be the king of DayZ, and what about us - mortals ? 

I have played about ~8-10 hours of 0.62, I don't think I have found a car more than a few times, everytime they were almost completely stripped out. I really don't remember how many times i found a car, i think it was ~four busses, and two-three volgas (sedans). I think most of them were left by other players, stuck, broken, or stripped out.

I aim to play in full, or highly populated servers. 

You are quite lucky to find cars in less than an hour, do you play in low populated servers ? I have no problems driving them - the problem is that they are usually missing way too much stuff. Or are stuck... broken.... 

I'll play next time... a little. And how much a little is for DayZ ? I guess ~8-10hours is not even "half" of "a little".

I value my time a lot, and perhaps I did waste it now, because all that is left of this community are all quite happy with the current gameplay of DayZ. I'm not happy running around for multiple hours not meeting anyone, not getting into anything. 

2 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

a) car is gone
c) new parts are missing
c) you are missing tools
and more...

Cars are useless

Saying cars are useless I find like a statement of your lack of knowledge/inexperience of driving vehicles in the game. While, yes the vehicles can definitely be buggy (alpha, hello? alpha? anyone? no? just me?), they aren't finished yet and have a whole lot of work being done right now for .63, That being handling, collisions, physics, suspension system etc.. Now with that said, the vehicles spawn fully repaired and with a tire repair kit and lug wrench in the boot for you, which means that repairing the parts (that should be pristine, unless someone has tinkered with the vehicle), is even easier than it should be! Now this isn't intentional of course, but as of right now it's a work around as they get the last engine implementation in (Enfusion), and can start crushing the bugs that they aren't capable of fixing on the old tech (or rather, it takes too long and wastes time). They have even implemented the temporary fix of using a matchbox to destroy a vehicle so it'll properly re-spawn so you don't find as many stuck cars in riverbeds, forest areas etc. I drive vehicles myself too, and I really don't have bad issues with the vehicles, if you think like it was real-life and wanted to drive a vehicle, you would be fine. Don't have the pedal to the metal, because it simply wont work! Use the roads, avoid walls/objects, and remember that the vehicles use a manual transmission (somehow people still don't know about this for some reason). Now you mentioned a few things about you: "figuring out you didn't want the vehicle in the first place" or "you don't want to play DayZ anymore for the night", well that isn't really something that the devs can fix for you I'm afraid. The game has always been envisioned to be "a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game" (yeah, it says right there.. Right there on the steam store page), I think the problem might be laying in the fact that, what you're actually looking forward to, is modding - and not the vanilla game my friend. The game is envisioned  differently than what your thoughts is it would seem. I'm sure there will be several mods out there that will make the game just the way you want it, but I don't think the vanilla game is for you, out from what I can read in this post.

Have a great day, and remember: The only useful criticism, is constructive.

-TikTac'

• Like 2

The game probably is totally envisioned not the way I'd like to (unless 0.63 brings something nice finally). I'm afraid it was constant since 0.6, it was getting more and more slow and lonely. I don't see anything authentic, horror, survival in complete lack of cars. All this talk from you - experienced, and very deeply interested in this game development most tiny details, is a bit skewed. Most players doesn't have your experience and knowledge about little details to help to go arround. Neither the patience. I have played quite a bunch of hours, and it is not getting anywhere.

I don't say that the game has to be dumbed down, easier.... I think that it just completely lacks pace, and events. Game is full of "3D object cars", so why it is bad to have a bit more real cars ? I had little issue with that before, but now as everyone are all around the map, and it is hard to get into interactions, better mobility would really help. Why not to decrease running speed, and give more cars for us. 

I get that it is in alpha, and bugs, not perfect, and so on.... But the fact that gameplay is constantly getting less enjoyable is disturbing. It is enough just to look at the numbers of avg players: 10-20k at the beginning, then ~10k, and now it is down to 3-4k of players.

Numbers is the best argument - game is getting less attractive for more and more people. 

It is all like on purpose, so people will not get DayZ played out till it is actually finished, but I think people are getting this game played out at faster rates than ever. 

It better be good modding possibilities...

Edited by Mantasisg

@Mantasisg, all you do it bitch and complain in every thread.  Like IMT said, this game is not for you so instead of filling the forums of with useless drivel, just stop coming here and stop playing the game.  I'm sure you'll be much happier.

And for the umpteenth time, this game is in Apha!!!  Things are not complete, or fully functional.  Hell, some things seem to be sped up just for testing purposes to see if the mechanics work.

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Like 1

@Guy Smiley I do have almost stopped playing DayZ since 0.60, since I found out it getting not where I'd like to. 

I will complain till I see it being meaningful. i wouldn't complain at all just for myself if i was the minority, but looking at steamcharts - I'm not.

... they will get all sorted out if this oldlegacytwophysicscausingdesyncsystem is gone and devs can focus on that stuff without thinking about how to handle two systems in the sam time... me hope.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

@Guy Smiley I do have almost stopped playing DayZ since 0.60, since I found out it getting not where I'd like to. 

I will complain till I see it being meaningful. i wouldn't complain at all just for myself if i was the minority, but looking at steamcharts - I'm not.

If you're not playing it and going by steam posters, lol, then you have zero grounds to walk on in terms of feedback.  Have a good day

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

The game probably is totally envisioned not the way I'd like to (unless 0.63 brings something nice finally). I'm afraid it was constant since 0.6, it was getting more and more slow and lonely. I don't see anything authentic, horror, survival in complete lack of cars. All this talk from you - experienced, and very deeply interested in this game development most tiny details, is a bit skewed. Most players doesn't have your experience and knowledge about little details to help to go arround. Neither the patience. I have played quite a bunch of hours, and it is not getting anywhere.

I don't say that the game has to be dumbed down, easier.... I think that it just completely lacks pace, and events. Game is full of "3D object cars", so why it is bad to have a bit more real cars ? I had little issue with that before, but now as everyone are all around the map, and it is hard to get into interactions, better mobility would really help. Why not to decrease running speed, and give more cars for us. 

I get that it is in alpha, and bugs, not perfect, and so on.... But the fact that gameplay is constantly getting less enjoyable is disturbing. It is enough just to look at the numbers of avg players: 10-20k at the beginning, then ~10k, and now it is down to 3-4k of players.

Numbers is the best argument - game is getting less attractive for more and more people. 

It is all like on purpose, so people will not get DayZ played out till it is actually finished, but I think people are getting this game played out at faster rates than ever. 

It better be good modding possibilities...

They idea is to reduce running speed later on as more vehicles will be available (and less buggy of course) to us, the players so you're on the right track when it comes to that, however at the moment vehicles aren't stable enough to reduce running speed a lot. You mention the patience and knowledge in the beginning of your post, which I totally get. I myself am very interested in development of the game, but that is also what you're supposed to be if you're playing DayZ. The developers don't recommend buying the game just to play as it was a newly released Bethesda title. They want us to play the game to do large-scale bug testing and actively support development of the game. The idea behind DayZ is to create your own story and not go by a story that is laid out for you, again I'm seeing you having a different vision than what DayZ Vanilla is and will be in the future (as you seemingly also agreed on yourself) :). 

The decrease in players I personally think is tied to the long time between updates, because they are now adding in the big features of the new Enfusion engine ( such as the renderer in .60, part of the new sound system, visual overhaul technology in .62, and coming by the end of the year; .63 with the BETA release of DayZ and the animation system and physics engine + a lot of other things that I wont bother you with here). This has led to long periods with no updates, because of back-bone tech implementation. Now this is only a thought, because no one can definitively say for sure, that's impossible.

DayZ has been out for a while now, and I see some players (including myself) with many thousands of hours in DayZ, but I still enjoy the game, because the vision of DayZ is exactly what I'm looking for and I'll gladly help as much as I can in development (I literally submitted a crash report in between these two responses), but for the casual player, that just want to play a finished game I will STRONGLY suggest that you please wait playing the game until it's done and/or modding comes in. There's no need for frustrations if you/some people can't handle them. That's completely understandable.

The plan is to develop Enfusion with as little hard-coded stuff as possible so that the modding possibilities are bigger than ever seen on Bohemia Interactive games before, so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when modding comes around.

My thought is that you must be in some sense interested in the game one way or another, and I can only say that you wait until the game is in a more finished state, it clearly bothers you, which is completely understandable, but that is how development is I'm afraid, and the whole reason DayZ is on Early Access is to help the Dev Team.

I hope my wall of text was of some sort of use, if not.. Well shit :D

-TikTac'

Edited by TikTactical
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

If you're not playing it and going by steam posters, lol, then you have zero grounds to walk on in terms of feedback.  Have a good day

Don't make this thread about me pls its enough

And I do play every new iteration, soon after release. To check if game changed. It didn't, I'm still not getting any experience from the game, or it is way too rare. I always thought that dayz needs more game pace (except when crazy loot spawned at he coast, it was a bit too much then), but it was somehow enough, often just right, but since certain point it became very lonely. So I think more mobility would be useful now. 

I do have to apologize for not knowing that vehicles are now spawning fully operational, I had no chance of knowing that, because i had no luck of finding one.