Sign in to follow this  
INomadZ

Testing a New PC with DayZ

At the time I tested the new PC with DayZ 0.61 and it's still same or even a little better with DayZ 0.62 and I think it's going to be A LOT better with DayZ 0.63.

If you have any questions, ask. Thanks! :)

14 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

why 1440x900?

if this is you native resolution: do you at least use supersampling?

I haven't watched the video, but I'm guessing he's using one of those curved monitors, they have some freaky resolutions at times EDIT: Scrap that I can see it looks like a normal monitor, hmm that is strange... :S

Edited by TikTactical

On 7/12/2017 at 2:01 AM, HaseDesTodes said:

why 1440x900?

if this is you native resolution: do you at least use supersampling?

My 2560x1440 Display arrived a bit late, so I tested it with a small display first and then with 2560x1440 140Hz Display as well. It shows at the end of the video.

Edit: P.S. I mixed up older video with newer video by accident, that's why it was a bit confusing :P

Edited by TheWalkingManZ

On 7/12/2017 at 4:51 PM, TikTactical said:

I haven't watched the video, but I'm guessing he's using one of those curved monitors, they have some freaky resolutions at times EDIT: Scrap that I can see it looks like a normal monitor, hmm that is strange... :S

At the time I was using a small monitor, but, as it shows near the end of the video, I'm using 2560x1440 140Hz Display and the performance is the same and it gotten a lot better with 0.62 as well.

Edit: P.S. I mixed up older video with newer video by accident, that's why it was a bit confusing :P

Edited by TheWalkingManZ

Having similiar fps ( mby -30% ) with low-end cpu ( i5-2320 ) and GTX980Ti on 2560x1080 also maxed out, but i should have more fps than you cause 980Ti is bit better than 1070, so means CPU architecture and performance is still important in DayZ.
DayZ improved alot in optimization i've noticed it uses now GPU more than a CPU ( even low end cpu like mine doesn't utilize fully at most times ). Meanwhile Arma 3 does not give a f*** about GPU, runs basically on CPU, no matter if settings are maxed out or lowest, the fps difference maximum is by 5fps, even tried to underclock my GPU in arma, had 0fps drop.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2017 at 0:38 PM, exacomvm said:

Having similiar fps ( mby -30% ) with low-end cpu ( i5-2320 ) and GTX980Ti on 2560x1080 also maxed out, but i should have more fps than you cause 980Ti is bit better than 1070, so means CPU architecture and performance is still important in DayZ.
DayZ improved alot in optimization i've noticed it uses now GPU more than a CPU ( even low end cpu like mine doesn't utilize fully at most times ). Meanwhile Arma 3 does not give a f*** about GPU, runs basically on CPU, no matter if settings are maxed out or lowest, the fps difference maximum is by 5fps, even tried to underclock my GPU in arma, had 0fps drop.

Well what you're experiencing is the power of the new engine that the dev team have been busy creating. I'm so happy they decided to do it properly (the engine, Enfusion), that making it take a while longer yes, but it is so so so worth it IMHO. 

On 7/15/2017 at 1:44 AM, TheWalkingManZ said:

At the time I was using a small monitor, but, as it shows near the end of the video, I'm using 2560x1440 140Hz Display and the performance is the same and it gotten a lot better with 0.62 as well.

Ah alright man, no worries I was wondering for a second :) I run a 2560x1440 144Hz monitor myself, DayZ is a gorgeous game, it really is! :)

• Like 2