Sign in to follow this  
Raible

Blood

I've been playing around on Experimental and one thing I have noticed is that I am not naturally regaining blood.  Experimental is nice in that they give you the little status window so I can see my blood is not recharging regardless of time.  I am not hungry or thirsty and am not injured.  I thought you were supposed to regain blood slowly over time? 

Is this an experimental thing?  Just a thing on this particular build?  I was wondering if anyone knew.

Also, I've been at 4900+ health for over an hour and have not recovered a single point of blood. 

Also, I realize there are blood and saline bags in the game but I play alone and those aren't an option.

You will need to have your energy and hydration in the green to regenerate blood; only then will your health increase.

Top off your food and drink, and you will see your blood regen.

• Like 3

I'd like to know how to regain bones status.

Last time I have played I've been killed by one zombie hit, and it has happened before a few times. I was using splinter on my character after zombie fights more than once, and I though that my bones status would be good enough.

This whole bones status thing is really stupid IMO, at least there would be an indication.

Really waiting for 0.63, which will probably come some time in 2018 (joke, no one knows when). But according to sequence since 0.6 it is going to be even worse, as technicly game is getting better, but they are gradually killing the gameplay.

4 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I but they are gradually killing the gameplay.

And what, pray tell, is the gameplay that they are killing?

5 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Last time I have played I've been killed by one zombie hit, and it has happened before a few times. I was using splinter on my character after zombie fights more than once, and I though that my bones status would be good enough.

This whole bones status thing is really stupid IMO, at least there would be an indication.

Really waiting for 0.63, which will probably come some time in 2018 (joke, no one knows when). But according to sequence since 0.6 it is going to be even worse, as technicly game is getting better, but they are gradually killing the gameplay.

I wouldn't worry much about "bone status". It's debatable how much it is even a thing and with coming reworks of player damage systems any theories regarding it will soon be utterly irrelevant.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to 0.63, I hope it will be THAT ONE. Because every patch since, maybe, 0.59 was like - "lets hope next one will be fun". 

@Guy Smiley I started playing from 0.54 and it was much more fun, I think DayZ continued to be rather awesome till 0.58 or maybe 0.59, when loot economy changed massively and interactions became exttremely rare. And since then it was downhill. And tech side was improving a lot, it didn't mean much from players perspective because poorer and poorer gameplay.

I used to have 15-30fps all through chernarus - and I enjoyed game much more anyway, there were much more events going on. Damn, you could actually find a V3S and drive it. Now it takes few persons and hours of work to get one running, and it doesn't pay off. You used to meet a lot of people at coast, now everybody are spread out like atoms of gas. Used to be more variety in gameplay. New renderer raised fps up to 40-50fps for me on my weak laptop, but it didn't become more fun, got new PC and almost constant 60fps, but so what, if it takes hours to meet anyone, and there is not much to do. Gameplay feels a bit pointless. It used to happen in older days too, but it was way more rare, usually it wasn't taking so terribly long of "just running and looting" till you would actually get some battle action, or friendly interactions.

You used to hear shots rather often, hear cars driving by more often, used to hear somebody having conversations, having quite a bunch of people at electro, novo (which was really great map), berezino, in an airfield.... It's like devs didn't want people to play the game till it's ready, but never could say it.

I sometimes wonder what the players (some pewpew-rowdys) because of a survival (apokalyspe) expect. The world of Chernarus is at the moment anything but an apocalypse ... it is more an apple and weapon parade with some infected AI. (OP feel please not addressed your question was in order). I experience on the Rain Exp. Server at the moment really something feeling of effort to keep the character life ... with intent in part without rainproof clothes ... only because of the Challange

32 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

Really looking forward to 0.63, I hope it will be THAT ONE. Because every patch since, maybe, 0.59 was like - "lets hope next one will be fun". 

@Guy Smiley I started playing from 0.54 and it was much more fun, I think DayZ continued to be rather awesome till 0.58 or maybe 0.59, when loot economy changed massively and interactions became exttremely rare. And since then it was downhill. And tech side was improving a lot, it didn't mean much from players perspective because poorer and poorer gameplay.

I used to have 15-30fps all through chernarus - and I enjoyed game much more anyway, there were much more events going on. Damn, you could actually find a V3S and drive it. Now it takes few persons and hours of work to get one running, and it doesn't pay off. You used to meet a lot of people at coast, now everybody are spread out like atoms of gas. Used to be more variety in gameplay. New renderer raised fps up to 40-50fps for me on my weak laptop, but it didn't become more fun, got new PC and almost constant 60fps, but so what, if it takes hours to meet anyone, and there is not much to do. Gameplay feels a bit pointless. It used to happen in older days too, but it was way more rare, usually it wasn't taking so terribly long of "just running and looting" till you would actually get some battle action, or friendly interactions.

You used to hear shots rather often, hear cars driving by more often, used to hear somebody having conversations, having quite a bunch of people at electro, novo (which was really great map), berezino, in an airfield.... It's like devs didn't want people to play the game till it's ready, but never could say it.

Well if you did start when you stated, you should remember a time where people didn't even have to leave the coast before being decently geared and the middle of the map was a barren wasteland.  The only other interaction was at either the NW or NE airfields at the time as well.  And you do also realize that this game is still in the works and they are testing out the loot economy so we've been purposefully pushed away from the coast in order to get people to see other parts of the map.  If you're having a hard time finding other players my suggestion is to get off the coast and explore the rest of the map.

I think it is better to go outside and explore real life. 

I play DayZ to meet people, to meet friendly people, to meet bandits and so on... 

Map is too large for gameplay on foot only. Cars are so complicated to get running for lone wolf, and there are so few of them, that they are virtually not existant to me. Save the map for the times, when there will be much more players (if there will be more in the first place), and when we will be more mobile around the map. Right now it is useless, even making game worse. 

I remember one patch when there were epic loot at police stations and gate houses (0.58 maybe ?) it was a bit too much. Enjoyable, but sometimes too much a deathmatch. 

I liked times when you could find stuff at coastal airfields, prison island, and main inlands points were tent city and NWAF. 

Right now the game would be fun maybe if there were 120players or more, and more mobility - actually obtainable cars, bikes, bycicles. I'd expect that from 0.63. Just not that many players online, I doubt there will ever be more than 100player servers in dayz, without heavy sacrafices, which some has already been done - for example player corpses despawning quickly. We'll se in a few years I guess. IIRIC somewhere, sometime in some roadmap there was goal of 150players online.

Edited by Mantasisg

6 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

I think it is better to go outside and explore real life. 

I play DayZ to meet people, to meet friendly people, to meet bandits and so on... 

Map is too large for gameplay on foot only. Cars are so complicated to get running for lone wolf, and there are so few of them, that they are virtually not existant to me. Save the map for the times, when there will be much more players (if there will be more in the first place), and when we will be more mobile around the map. Right now it is useless, even making game worse. 

I remember one patch when there were epic loot at police stations and gate houses (0.58 maybe ?) it was a bit too much. Enjoyable, but sometimes too much a deathmatch. 

I liked times when you could find stuff at coastal airfields, prison island, and main inlands points were tent city and NWAF. 

Right now the game would be fun maybe if there were 120players or more, and more mobility - actually obtainable cars, bikes, bycicles. I'd expect that from 0.63. Just not that many players online, I doubt there will ever be more than 100player servers in dayz, without heavy sacrafices, which some has already been done - for example player corpses despawning quickly. We'll se in a few years I guess. IIRIC somewhere, sometime in some roadmap there was goal of 150players online.

You do realize that DayZ is a survival game, right?  This isn't like PUBG, tho with the way you seem to want the game to be you may want to look at picking it up.  DayZ is suppose to be harsh and unforgiving.  

Yes it is survival game how to survive boredom, till you'll actually get into situation when you'll have to survive.

After wall of text rant. Really poor response I got there. 

I have PUBG, and it is totally different game, it is fun deathmatch. But it comes no where close to original DayZ, which we had some years ago. Real DayZ had a special soul, and it was created by many different interactions. I remember watching a stream from DanielSL, running around Novo, and not finding anyone for way too long. No more streams from puhdado... Understandably. I'm tired repeating this but the game gone worse as the tech side went up.  And it was actually mentioned not long ago in one status report - devs are happy to finally start working on a game, not only dry tech package. I really hope that devs vision and mine does not go far apart too much. I see there are some hipsters fanboys pretending that they are playing survival by running around the map for days in empty servers, most likely too, and probably switching off when night comes, or rain and cold strikes to save prEcIouSS loot.

The main challenge was and will always be other people. No people, no DayZ.

If you dislike an idea of having more interactions, then go and play on low populated servers, and don't tell me to play PUBG, which is completely different. Damn, you can actually play in low populated servers, and there is little difference, whats the difference you don't meet anyone for 4hours or for 2hours, both are too much. Unless your name is Lucky.

You hipsters fanboys, you 

Edited by Mantasisg

Go Play PUBG. Funny you call players of dayz hipsters when you admitted to playing the hip game of the month. You are pot calling the kettle black. I'll do what I want play how I want I recommend you do the same. I'll shut the hell up before I get banned for a week for being an asshole.

On 7/5/2017 at 1:12 AM, Mantasisg said:

I regularly use splints, for no reason, in the hopes that I am "rebuilding" my bone status.

So far, I can report that I literally never fall prey to broken legs and 1-hit zed attacks. Most Ive ever had happen is a chipped leg from a bad zed attack (small horde)... healed quickly from that too. So it seems to work for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gannon46 said:

Go Play PUBG. Funny you call players of dayz hipsters when you admitted to playing the hip game of the month. You are pot calling the kettle black. I'll do what I want play how I want I recommend you do the same. I'll shut the hell up before I get banned for a week for being an asshole.

Are you talking to me ?

Are you talking to ME ? 

lol joke "Taxi" refference

I actually only play Assetto Corsa, PUBG is too frustrating for me, for some reason it hurts my eyes, also i'm total noob there - hopefully will improve. But it is nowehere as interesting as DayZ is when you actually get interactions. 

Such a big hopes for 0.63 ! I hope updates will follow faster from beta, and 6months - an update era will be over. It was painful. Still is.

I get it, the survivability is pretty lackluster.  Yet, there's still posts complaining about dying from hunger, thirst, hyperthermia, hypothermia, sickness, infected, being oneshotted..... the list goes on.  At the end of the day, we are game testers.  The mechanics are in place and some are still a  work in progress.  Still on the store page and it hasn't changed, "Early Access Game.  Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development"

Anyway, I believe the OP's question was answered earlier in the thread and this is just going in circles and derailing.  Peace out.

Edited by Guy Smiley

@Mantasisg  If you want to see what is all the fuss you have been making about the "hipster" way of life in DayZ, add me on steam and come run with us.

I can show you how to GET ESTABLISHED ON A CHOSEN SERVER, and set up survivalist amenities and vehicles to facilitate your thirst for interaction.
As it turns out, highly populated public servers seem to have very few people who roam around looking for camps, so you can set up a few camps on a PvP haven public server.  Who is dumb enough to set up camp on a full public server?  Ergo, who is doubly dumb enough to go looking for such?

Admittedly, my current base home server has an average of less than 10 players at any one time. (Only there because players in my group started stockpiling there before I had time to choose a server this stable cycle, and I'd rather help out than take off on my own to build a base.)
Last week I met a guy when only three other players were online. Found him looting the Southeastern most tent at the airfield.  Ran with him for long enough to find out that he was a duper who crashed the server at will--Pissing off the other locals in the process.

As for getting vehicles running; you just have to choose a server and put in the time.  It is MUCH MORE CHALLENGING to choose one server and spend your time trying to get a presence established and get to know the regulars, than it is to just hop to the most full server you see at that given moment.

Currently, I am doing a deductive sweep of the map to locate the camp of one particular player on our home server; so I can write my name inside his tent inventory with loot.  I'll start a farm in his base if I have to, in order to get enough items to arrange; or add another tent of my own.
After a couple weeks pretty-much owning the random public server with a group of friends, we have noticed things like vehicles that none of us could account for, and a lack of activity in certain areas of the map; which greatly narrows the search area when looking for the other regulars.
It can be pretty boring and monotonous, but I do this to chill out for a couple hours after work--drinking beer and bullshitting on TS while sitting in the air conditioning and scouring the map for signs of life.

If we feel like finding some guaranteed player interaction, we can pretty much always hop onto a full server and find more action than you can handle within an hour.  If you don't have an hour to play, then you might be playing the wrong game at that particular time.

Perhaps you should try playing with us sometime. I can't guarantee your bone health will always be full, but we'll keep you well-supplied with steaks and ammo, and plenty of O+ blood if you need it.  (We still need a universal donor to stockpile O-)

It's worth considering:  If you aren't getting the experience you want, perhaps there is something missing in your methods.

• Like 2

Thanks for the offer, maybe some day. Currently it is not what I want. But I have been thinking about settling at one particular server for once, and playing only there, but it isn't very attractive idea. Average of ten players doesn't sound bad, this means that there are more sometimes haha

I'll probably just wait for 0.63. And then maybe I'll find a way how to play DayZ, again.

On 7/4/2017 at 8:26 PM, emuthreat said:

You will need to have your energy and hydration in the green to regenerate blood; only then will your health increase.

This is correct, Hicks explained it before in one of my posts on exp. I lost blood, wasn't regaining health, bloodloss.

I believe the post was about shock damage.

On 5.7.2017 at 2:26 AM, emuthreat said:

50 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

This is correct

i think it's only ALMOST correct.

from my experience (observed exp debug some versions ago) you regain:

blood with +1/tick when energized (dark or bright green) and not hydrated

blood with +3/tick when energized (bright green) and hydrated (dark or bright green)

health with +1/tick when energized (bright green) and hydrated (dark or bright green) and blood=5000