Kenopsia-

How is this supposed to be fun?

I understand the want to not have "gamma abuse" but there has to be a better alternative than making it pitch black. I'd rather people turn their brightness and gamma up than this. It's just not fun. Keep in mind there was someone standing directly in front of me in this screen shot. This shit is seriously ridiculous. 

7BmVBxk.jpg

Edited by Kenopsia-
  • Beans 1

12 minutes ago, Kenopsia- said:

I understand the want to not have "gamma abuse" but there has to be a better alternative than making it pitch black. I'd rather people turn their brightness and gamma up than this. It's just not fun. Keep in mind there was someone standing directly in front of me in this screen shot. This shit is seriously ridiculous. 

You're playing Arma 2 mate. A military simulator and you're complaining about pitch black nights. Lol at the Admin BEC message.

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

You're playing Arma 2 mate. A military simulator and you're complaining about pitch black nights. Lol at the Admin BEC message.

I remember it being bearable, honestly. I don't mind if it's not back how it was when the gamma was super broken as long as i can at least see. Arma is shit as a simulator, so I have no issue if it's not realistically pitch black. It's still a game, and that should be kept in mind imo. It's just super frustrating that I just have to stop playing when it's night time in game. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

Some of my fondest memories of the mod were on night time servers - terrifying but fun :P

I actually love it when it's dark, but after coming back after a long time I don't remember it ever being this dark. 

38 minutes ago, Kenopsia- said:

I remember it being bearable, honestly. I don't mind if it's not back how it was when the gamma was super broken as long as i can at least see. Arma is shit as a simulator, so I have no issue if it's not realistically pitch black. It's still a game, and that should be kept in mind imo. It's just super frustrating that I just have to stop playing when it's night time in game. 

I actually love it when it's dark, but after coming back after a long time I don't remember it ever being this dark. 

Oh I know what you mean, but occasionally DayZ mod's night time does get this dark when there is no moon out. Darker than DayZ SA but it has always been like this in the mod. Just spam road flares and you're good :)

6 hours ago, Kenopsia- said:

I understand the want to not have "gamma abuse" but there has to be a better alternative than making it pitch black.

Flairs, flashlight, nightvision, Glow stick etc is the alternative in a survival game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Just go play Minecraft and leave us alone.

Very constructive, awesome reply my dude. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, frugalbread606 said:

Cry some more, its called a survival game.

Very constructive, awesome reply my dude

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 1:47 AM, Kenopsia- said:

Very constructive, awesome reply my dude

You're very much welcome. You're complaining about it being "pitch black" in an open world survival simulator. Just the fact that out of all of the things you could be bitching about, you choose something as bizarre and ridiculous as it being too hard for you to see at night because its "pitch black" awwwe boo hoo, poor pitiful you, this just makes the game unplayable for you doesn't it? I mean why don't they just take out night time all together so its easier for you? Because its a survival game, its called using the flare you spawn with as a light source, or scavenging for one. Its not a difficult concept, and its hilarious that you actually posted a thread bitching about it. The amount of "fun" that you are having, doesn't matter, if you can't handle a big boy game like dayz, then go play something more your level like h1z1 because you clearly can't handle the complexity (best part is, this isn't even a complex situation but you manage to make one out of it) of dayz.

On 7/8/2017 at 10:14 PM, frugalbread606 said:

You're very much welcome. You're complaining about it being "pitch black" in an open world survival simulator. Just the fact that out of all of the things you could be bitching about, you choose something as bizarre and ridiculous as it being too hard for you to see at night because its "pitch black" awwwe boo hoo, poor pitiful you, this just makes the game unplayable for you doesn't it? I mean why don't they just take out night time all together so its easier for you? Because its a survival game, its called using the flare you spawn with as a light source, or scavenging for one. Its not a difficult concept, and its hilarious that you actually posted a thread bitching about it. The amount of "fun" that you are having, doesn't matter, if you can't handle a big boy game like dayz, then go play something more your level like h1z1 because you clearly can't handle the complexity (best part is, this isn't even a complex situation but you manage to make one out of it) of dayz.

Damn dude, who pissed in your fruity pebbles? Arma (and subsequentlyDayz) is a shit simulator. As much as they want it to be a hardcore simulator, it is first and foremost a game. The amount of fun you're having does in fact matter a great deal. It's a video game. Instead of directly addressing my criticism you instead insult me like a child. I think you're the one that needs to stop playing "big boy games". Honestly, I'm just laughing about how hardcore you think you are for playing dayz. 

Oh yea, and "hard to see" and "can't see a fucking thing" are two VERY different things. I've put hundreds of hours in to the dayz mod, I know full well lights exist. That doesn't mean they do much to alleviate the issue of the mod deliberately pitching Arma's darkness down about 20 shades abruptly about 10 minutes after it starts getting dark. It's a lazy way of getting around people just turning their gamma up to get around arma's shit lighting. 

Edited by Kenopsia-

43 minutes ago, Kenopsia- said:

The amount of fun you're having does in fact matter a great deal. It's a video game.

I've put hundreds of hours in to the dayz mod, I know full well lights exist.

In the night the servers are ruled by nightvision people.

They have the bonus "less players". It is fun for them.

You have not archived this status atm. Change the server or take the risk.

Or you buy DayZ SA.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kenopsia- said:

Damn dude, who pissed in your fruity pebbles? Arma (and subsequentlyDayz) is a shit simulator. As much as they want it to be a hardcore simulator, it is first and foremost a game. The amount of fun you're having does in fact matter a great deal. It's a video game. Instead of directly addressing my criticism you instead insult me like a child. I think you're the one that needs to stop playing "big boy games". Honestly, I'm just laughing about how hardcore you think you are for playing dayz. 

Oh yea, and "hard to see" and "can't see a fucking thing" are two VERY different things. I've put hundreds of hours in to the dayz mod, I know full well lights exist. That doesn't mean they do much to alleviate the issue of the mod deliberately pitching Arma's darkness down about 20 shades abruptly about 10 minutes after it starts getting dark. It's a lazy way of getting around people just turning their gamma up to get around arma's shit lighting. 

Fun comes in many forms: some prefer to fight the pitch black night in the buggy Arma 2 engine. Night vision, flares, flashlights. There is a whole arsenal of different tactics at night. NV people arent invicible either. 
The "fun" is limited to your imagination. For example: I pinned 4 guys on the roof of Balota firestation roof with an SA85. Did not try to kill them, just keep their heads down. And they werent some fresh noobs either: seasoned veterans with mil-spec gear. 
Must admit, they got me a couple of times, but never killed me. 

And Btw: nights GET so dark that fast in reality. In Middle East like Saudi-Arabia, I hear its like a light switch: 2 min and poof. Further towards the poles, it takes longer. 

One tactic for night time fighting is to know favored camp points in towns and position yourself with a line of sight. Then throw a flare between you and the camp site and just wait for some movement. Give them a scare :)

Apart from all of that, server admins can make it day or night and can set full-moon = true so I'd talk to whoever runs the server you are playing on.

IIRC and it's 7 years ago now... even with gamma mod it went pitch black at a majority of the time in darkness. It would only work with the moon out.

The real hell was when it was pitch black and raining.