Eventuality_

DayZ DMG Question

So, I've been playing DayZ since release and I don't think I have encountered something quite like this prior. I was playing on a private hive server, and I will note that the server was having a lot of desynchronization issues.

I freshly spawned and met up with friends fairly quick. I was only yellow hungry and haven't taken any damage. Another fresh spawn came over to me with no melee weapons, just fists. Boom. instantaneously dead in one hit to the head. I figured "oh okay maybe luck I'm not sure." The same exact thing happened again two other times with no damage taken prior. This next part is more likely realistic in the case of my death. I was shot in the leg (with healthy status) with what I believe was a .308 and died instantaneously yet again. 
(I would also like to note that in all those 4 times that I died I did not ragdoll, it played a death animation or possibly the unconscious animation).

Does anyone know whether or not this was a desync issue or some form of mishap/bad luck? Thank you.