Sign in to follow this  
redmantab

.62 is great. Random Chainsaw and heli crash questions

Loving the new patch.  Great game again for me.  love the graphics and immersion.  2 simple questions

1- If I find a chainsaw it says "start" but nothing happens.  Do I need to find gasoline or do they already have it

2 - Just confirming, heli crashes are in .62 and have been in the last many patches as well ...right?  I rarely make it that inland but may as well know if they are in the game ya know.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, redmantab said:

Loving the new patch.  Great game again for me.  love the graphics and immersion.  2 simple questions

1- If I find a chainsaw it says "start" but nothing happens.  Do I need to find gasoline or do they already have it

2 - Just confirming, heli crashes are in .62 and have been in the last many patches as well ...right?  I rarely make it that inland but may as well know if they are in the game ya know.

Thanks!

You do need gas for the chainsaw, and heli crashes are in game now.

PS, but no guns on the heli crashes.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
add text
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

You do need gas for the chainsaw, and heli crashes are in game now.

PS, but no guns on the heli crashes.

^ this..

And I am not sure but Heli crashes seem to be staying for slightly longer than 30-60mins.. maybe that is just me though?

As I remember, chainsaws need gas to start up. I found one, it wasnt working. I put some gas in it from gasoline canister and works now.

When chainsawing the zombies there definitly needs to gush more blood. Would be nice to cut the zombies in half.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

Helicopter crashes in but no guns.... Really? Why? What drops? Pants? When will the guns return? 

1 hour ago, redmantab said:

Helicopter crashes in but no guns.... Really? Why? What drops? Pants? When will the guns return? 

The guns may be back some time after .63 update.

1 minute ago, redmantab said:

So, just curious, what drops in them for now? 

smoke grenades, ammo, jackets, pants, assault vests, some gun parts... and did I say smoke grenades.  I could be wrong but I think the VSS ammo only spawns in the Russian crash sites..

16 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

smoke grenades, ammo, jackets, pants, assault vests, some gun parts... and did I say smoke grenades.  I could be wrong but I think the VSS ammo only spawns in the Russian crash sites..

Having done some pretty serious crash site running this patch, I'm not convinced smoke grenades are in - at least the NATO smoke grenades. I have seen a couple of the Russian versions though.

Haven't seen a single explosive grenade yet either. Flashbangs are around but not sure if they're working...

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, Irish. said:

^ this..

And I am not sure but Heli crashes seem to be staying for slightly longer than 30-60mins.. maybe that is just me though?

Huh....What happens to them?   They fly off again, or magically vanish?  Think the community now prefers animations over logical gameplay.  There should be animations of the chopper crashing when it happens, and something other than it vanishing in thin air when their time is up.  Rather than animations for characters that are rather pointless.

2 minutes ago, BIIdiots said:

Huh....What happens to them?   They fly off again, or magically vanish?  Think the community now prefers animations over logical gameplay.  There should be animations of the chopper crashing when it happens, and something other than it vanishing in thin air when their time is up.  Rather than animations for characters that are rather pointless.

You really do not understand what is happening with dayz, do you?

Its in development... these things will come. ;)

Just in case nobody mentioned it, guns are not spawning at helicrashes because there were problems with controlling the quantities that would spawn.

I would love to see a system where the crash sites despawn in a big ball of flames, killing everything dumb enough to be within 50 feet of the thing when it finally goes big.
Hear some crackling noises, watch a little flame pop up, soon the flames are nearly covering the helicopter, then you hear and see the rupturing hydraulic hoses start to shoot off like a roman candle, this is your last warning to run your ass in the opposite direction, NOW!!!

• Like 1

On 6/30/2017 at 4:21 PM, Irish. said:

Actually they won't lol . Devs have stated they won't ever make the heli crash visibly like in the mod again - due to too many resources needed to load in all the heli crashes , and honestly besides the heli exploding there's really no way it can just disappear logically .

23 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Actually they won't lol . Devs have stated they won't ever make the heli crash visibly like in the mod again - due to too many resources needed to load in all the heli crashes , and honestly besides the heli exploding there's really no way it can just disappear logically .

Source? I'm actually curious and i'm not doubting you at all.

41 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

That question was not even aimed at you?

You ok?

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Irish. said:

You really do not understand what is happening with most ea titles.  They leave the game half finished with ugly features all over, then move onto the next scam.  Of course DayZ is not one of those.  But the concern is real, and exactly what the industry has taught us to be weary of them.