Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.140275

19 hours ago, Sergey Serov said:

Baty if you do not care about the players, then just remove the hand temporarily F2 from the game hands up. This is super fast fix for this bug! Every day these creatures swim and kill me. 

PS: The bug tracker knows about this for much months and nobody cares. I've waited a very long time for this patch and as it turned out nothing has been fixed in it and thousands of players use this bug to quickly and easily kill other players.

Wait for 0.63 and it will be fixed. As many others bugs. It is not possible to fix some bugs on old engine (here is more ways to do it, not only F2). Apple glitch, players glitched in the buildings... please read Status Reports, you can find everything there.

Here are more important things to do, almost everyone is working on 0.63 now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

It's been a very long time since I used the bugtracker and I'm kinda confused by this new version, e.g. how do you upvote other people's reports?

Meanwhile, I've created this task about crafting fertilizer:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126145

is it ok if I ask here to upvote it since it's a minor thing and I'm concerned that the devs just won't care?

Also, before I create another task - can someone confirm that it's not possible to write notes now? The page is blank the moment you finished writing and want to read it. Checked with 2 pens of various colours.

Yes, it is not possible to write notes. And it will be fixed after 0.63. 

"is it ok if I ask here to upvote it since it's a minor thing and I'm concerned that the devs just won't care?

- yes, this is minor bug. 

• Like 2

@Baty Alquawen, I have a question. Did you guys change the dynamic spawns, in particular the NATO heli crashsites? All of them had no good items, the best item I found personally was a BUIS for NATO guns. All the rest were headtorches, cargo pants or tactical shirt.

I'm not the only one having bad luck with the heli crashsites, everyone else of the group has the same complaint.

What I want to know, is this a bug or intentional? I know they're not suppossed to spawn weapons and that's what I'm not looking for. In 0.61 however they always spawned ammo, good clothing, magazines, etc. Haven't seen any of that yet. I'm looking for the FAL magazines in particular and as far as I know the only two spawns were either heli crashsites and the gun itself. Since heli crashsites aren't doing any good for me, the only option would be the weapon itself which is also a pain to find.

11 minutes ago, IMT said:

@Baty Alquawen, I have a question. Did you guys change the dynamic spawns, in particular the NATO heli crashsites? All of them had no good items, the best item I found personally was a BUIS for NATO guns. All the rest were headtorches, cargo pants or tactical shirt.

I'm not the only one having bad luck with the heli crashsites, everyone else of the group has the same complaint.

What I want to know, is this a bug or intentional? I know they're not suppossed to spawn weapons and that's what I'm not looking for. In 0.61 however they always spawned ammo, good clothing, magazines, etc. Haven't seen any of that yet. I'm looking for the FAL magazines in particular and as far as I know the only two spawns were either heli crashsites and the gun itself. Since heli crashsites aren't doing any good for me, the only option would be the weapon itself which is also a pain to find.

We have problem with CE of dynamic spawns (you could find 6 ammo cases full of ammo in one helicrash and it is not good for game) so they have a poor loot now. I am trying to manage to add more loot to these dynamic spawns, but devs are so busy with 0.63 now. We will see.

• Like 3

Just now, Baty Alquawen said:

We have problem with CE of dynamic spawns (you could find 6 ammo cases full of ammo in one helicrash and it is not good for game) so they have a poor loot now. I am trying to manage to add more loot to these dynamic spawns, but devs are so busy with 0.63 now. We will see.

Thank you for the clarification, at least I know now that I shouldn't be actively hunting them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Here are more important things to do, almost everyone is working on 0.63 now.

Thanks for all the info. Last time I checked, the approximate date for 0.63 is the end of the year. Any possible update as to this bit?

Just now, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Thanks for all the info. Last time I checked, the approximate date for 0.63 is the end of the year. Any possible update as to this bit?

No, It is not possible. We're not providing estimates. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Why do you need XInput? 

I am not sure, I had read everywhere that it should be a clickable option. I thought it may have had to do with the TRACKIR. I still don't see the option for the TRACKIR though. 

It's alright I am just not going to use it. 

14 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

No, It is not possible. We're not providing estimates. :)

Not replying to this but couldn't find your earlier one on the 1pp US servers.

I'd like to reiterate my comments from earlier since I know you were all on holiday.

Only one of the US servers has consistently stayed online this weekend and it is connected to the 3pp hive character (ATL 4-274)

The other US servers have only been on for brief periods since you mentioned making them 1pp both the other ATL server and the DAL servers were only available for a few hours from your changing them to 1pp till they reverted to 3pp servers.

I really want to spend more time in the official servers but the 1pp servers seemed to be crashing frequently (while they were available) except for the one connected to the 3pp hive.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 7:50 AM, valdark said:

Not replying to this but couldn't find your earlier one on the 1pp US servers.

I'd like to reiterate my comments from earlier since I know you were all on holiday.

Only one of the US servers has consistently stayed online this weekend and it is connected to the 3pp hive character (ATL 4-274)

The other US servers have only been on for brief periods since you mentioned making them 1pp both the other ATL server and the DAL servers were only available for a few hours from your changing them to 1pp till they reverted to 3pp servers.

I really want to spend more time in the official servers but the 1pp servers seemed to be crashing frequently (while they were available) except for the one connected to the 3pp hive.

Hey Valdar,

We were investigating and everything should be OK now. GSP fixed it. If you find any problems with these server just let me know. :)

And the server crashes should be fixed in the next EXP update.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hey Valdar,

We were investigating and everything should be OK now. GSP fixed it. If you find any problems with these server just let me know. :)

And the server crashes should be fixed in the next EXP update.

Appreciate your hard work as always Batty, hope you enjoyed your holiday.  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 11:44 AM, Waldemard said:

Hey there, is that only me or the trackIR is still sluggish ?

Try the TrackIR update from June 30th and see if it helps. Apparently, it's helped several TrackIR users on experimental but it may not help on stable yet.

@emuthreat, @Baroness, @IMT

I took another look at the cooking-related numbers and I think I know what the source of confusion is. Basically, food processing takes varied amount of time, based on the type. When you 'bake' (though I would really call it 'grilling') a piece of meat on a stick over a fire, it takes 1:15 mins. Boiling in a pot filled with water sure takes 1:10 mins (1:30 mins without pre-heating). However, I also noticed that both baking and drying (in a pot) takes only some 56 seconds (55 sec. is not enough, but trust me, it's definitely less than a minute). The first batch gets baked in 1:16 sec. This will save us a lot of gas!

In all cases (except boiling), 30 sec. is the time window you have before burning food.

At first I thought that various kinds of meats and veggies take a varied amount of time to cook, but my studies didn't yield such conclusions. I believe this will be changed in the future. In the past, I think I've seen some food raw and some cooked in my pot.

Fun fact: when you dry a zucchini, you can take out the seeds without a knife (the zucchini is still destroyed). It's an absurdly useless feature, but I've always kinda liked this attention to detail and I hope every aspect in the game will get the same thought and treatment.

Also, did anyone notice how the animal lard has two different images, one in your inventory (the 'slimmer' one) and another when in containers? At first I thought it's a cow/wolf difference, only yesterday I confirmed that both in fact look the same but change when put away to a barrel.

• Like 4

Re: animals

Before I submit a bug, can someone confirm that they experience the same? Over the past weekend, I had 4 affrays with wolves. In 3 cases, I was unable to skin the pack leader and when I relogged, the corpse was gone. Do you have the same?

With the fourth pack, I could skin the leader as usual.

On a more general note, how do we submit our general feedback about animal behaviour? I noticed that herds of cows and deer can be stuck in a 'panic loop', when they run away to some destination, get scared away by zeds and run back and forth ad infinitum. What do I do with an observation like that? Are the devs aware of all the issues and if not, how can we help?

Cows and deer still have loads of problems when negotiating obstacles like barriers, while wolves can't properly fight on steep slopes (they move slowly and have their 'sitting on ass' animation).

Fun fact: did anyone notice that animals chased by you can aggro some zeds, who, after a short fruitless pursuit, can turn against you even if you are at a considerably huge distance (triple the usual distance you get normally spotted?). Funny thing to watch a zed run up to me from like 100 m away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

@emuthreat, @Baroness, @IMT

I took another look at the cooking-related numbers and I think I know what the source of confusion is. Basically, food processing takes varied amount of time, based on the type. When you 'bake' (though I would really call it 'grilling') a piece of meat on a stick over a fire, it takes 1:15 mins. Boiling in a pot filled with water sure takes 1:10 mins (1:30 mins without pre-heating). However, I also noticed that both baking and drying (in a pot) takes only some 56 seconds (55 sec. is not enough, but trust me, it's definitely less than a minute). The first batch gets baked in 1:16 sec. This will save us a lot of gas!

In all cases (except boiling), 30 sec. is the time window you have before burning food.

At first I thought that various kinds of meats and veggies take a varied amount of time to cook, but my studies didn't yield such conclusions. I believe this will be changed in the future. In the past, I think I've seen some food raw and some cooked in my pot.

Fun fact: when you dry a zucchini, you can take out the seeds without a knife (the zucchini is still destroyed). It's an absurdly useless feature, but I've always kinda liked this attention to detail and I hope every aspect in the game will get the same thought and treatment.

Also, did anyone notice how the animal lard has two different images, one in your inventory (the 'slimmer' one) and another when in containers? At first I thought it's a cow/wolf difference, only yesterday I confirmed that both in fact look the same but change when put away to a barrel.

We already figured those times out a time ago, maybe I should've posted my results. It's because I burned a batch while trying to bake it, that I started to look how much time it would take for baking meat. We pretty much use 1 minute and 10 seconds for the first batch and every batch after that will be 1 minute.

Thanks for reporting it though!

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Re: animals

Before I submit a bug, can someone confirm that they experience the same? Over the past weekend, I had 4 affrays with wolves. In 3 cases, I was unable to skin the pack leader and when I relogged, the corpse was gone. Do you have the same?

With the fourth pack, I could skin the leader as usual.

On a more general note, how do we submit our general feedback about animal behaviour? I noticed that herds of cows and deer can be stuck in a 'panic loop', when they run away to some destination, get scared away by zeds and run back and forth ad infinitum. What do I do with an observation like that? Are the devs aware of all the issues and if not, how can we help?

Cows and deer still have loads of problems when negotiating obstacles like barriers, while wolves can't properly fight on steep slopes (they move slowly and have their 'sitting on ass' animation).

Fun fact: did anyone notice that animals chased by you can aggro some zeds, who, after a short fruitless pursuit, can turn against you even if you are at a considerably huge distance (triple the usual distance you get normally spotted?). Funny thing to watch a zed run up to me from like 100 m away.

I had the same thing happen to me, I believe at that point the server already cleaned up the body but only the visual is there. I really hope they can up the despawn time of an animal body because it's really short, way too short. It's very frustrating when you waste ammo only to find out that you can't collect the meat/pelts or it already despawned.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, IMT said:

I had the same thing happen to me, I believe at that point the server already cleaned up the body but only the visual is there. I really hope they can up the despawn time of an animal body because it's really short, way too short. It's very frustrating when you waste ammo only to find out that you can't collect the meat/pelts or it already despawned.

100% true. I would accept that skinning takes much longer (if other actions in game are also adjusted), but dropped corpses should definitely stick around much longer, I think it's only like 10 minutes now.

Animal behaviour in general needs serious overhaul, but if I recall correctly, the devs actually hired a team who worked on that game The Hunter or The Hunt or something like that. Is it true? If so, I can't wait to see some serious hunting action.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

100% true. I would accept that skinning takes much longer (if other actions in game are also adjusted), but dropped corpses should definitely stick around much longer, I think it's only like 10 minutes now.

Animal behaviour in general needs serious overhaul, but if I recall correctly, the devs actually hired a team who worked on that game The Hunter or The Hunt or something like that. Is it true? If so, I can't wait to see some serious hunting action.

I think it's even less, maybe 5 minutes.

And I can vaguely remember something like that yeah. I have always loved hunting in DayZ.

• Like 1

You guys are a whoooole lot more thorough than me when it comes to this game hehehe... 

I haven't really thought about counting the cooking time... I just check it periodically :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

If they've hired developers from the game thehunter, then hunting in DayZ will improve immensely over what we currently have which I can't wait for if true. I do agree that animals need an overhaul as I've ran into wolf packs that started attacking without any wolf howls, but it might not come until the new tech is added. 

• Like 1

Hey there, is that only me or the trackIR is still sluggish ?

12 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Try the TrackIR update from June 30th and see if it helps. Apparently, it's helped several TrackIR users on experimental but it may not help on stable yet.

Ok thanks for the tips, maybe I will try but I don't think so until its in Beta, you know, just waiting for the proper 3D positionnal environement sound...

21 hours ago, Baroness said:

You guys are a whoooole lot more thorough than me when it comes to this game hehehe... 

I haven't really thought about counting the cooking time... I just check it periodically :) 

That's fine, just remember not to eat a reused animal lard... Turns out it's burnt rather than thoroughly rebaked (the images are too similar to me). Fortunately I drove home for charcoal and got killed by my own bus.

• Like 3

Guys, how do you handle brakes on the bus? Am I missing something or the thing doesn't have any? I tried to park it on a slight slope, but it kept rolling down. So I put on the reverse and decided to jump out when the speedometer was at 0 kmh... Only to get run over immediately. So what do you do when you try to combine your bus with your camp?

12 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

That's fine, just remember not to eat a reused animal lard... Turns out it's burnt rather than thoroughly rebaked (the images are too similar to me). Fortunately I drove home for charcoal and got killed by my own bus.

If you Inspect a baked lard and a re-used lard, you can clearly see that it looks burned. That's how I knew that you couldn't eat the re-used lard.

9 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Guys, how do you handle brakes on the bus? Am I missing something or the thing doesn't have any? I tried to park it on a slight slope, but it kept rolling down. So I put on the reverse and decided to jump out when the speedometer was at 0 kmh... Only to get run over immediately. So what do you do when you try to combine your bus with your camp?

I don't use the bus anymore in this patch, at least not until that gets fixed. It has no breaks whatsoever, even if you shut the engine off or even leave the bus, it casually keeps rolling. It's very much a death trap right now.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, IMT said:

I don't use the bus anymore in this patch, at least not until that gets fixed. It has no breaks whatsoever, even if you shut the engine off or even leave the bus, it casually keeps rolling. It's very much a death trap right now.

I agree with your statement about buses being a death trap as the only way to make absolutely sure that you won't die trying to get out of a bus is to wait until it completely stops moving otherwise you may end up with a "You are dead" screen.

• Like 1