Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.140275

I found it in yellow house with three rooms, in shelf room. Ten minutes after logging in. I even cought a carp, first one after two years. Filet changed color but description was still "raw". There is way more loot than in 0.61. 

Is Mosin still prone to fast detoriating? I found one with scope.

Just a little late night hunting yesterday with @Noahtressuave. We heard shots outside Novy on the north end of the town and decided to go hunt the guy. We just found something else to hunt instead.

Nothing out of the ordinary to report.

PbTZpp4.png

7tPONlr.png

cYXxRc9.png

• Like 5

@emuthreat, @IMT - I've checked the numbers and emuthreat is right - cooking in a pre-heated cot does take 1:10 min.

However, we also discussed lard and I noticed something peculiar - animal lard is actually partially consumed (by 15%) during baking. It piqued my interest so I re-used the piece of wolf lard for the next batch. Sure enough, it wasn't burnt but instead baked the other three steaks. I continued baking with the following results - in the first batch, wolf lard dropped from 40% to 25%, in the second - to 10%, the third - to 5%, and then I decided to go with the fourth batch, containing 2 steaks. The remaining lard (5%) was entirely consumed, one steak was baked and the other one was dried.

This leads me to conclusions that eating lard is in fact not the most effective way of using it. Baking (especially steaks and fillets, but also pumpkin slices) yields the biggest pack of calories per pot (and per slot), as it doubles the output compared to boiling. This is why since I read about baking, I tried to figure out how to bring chicken to lard (baked chicken - 600 kcal, boiled - 193 kcal). For example, if you bake a full wolf (eat the lard) and then boil a chicken, you get 2956 kcal (320 from lard, 3x750 wolf, 2x193 chicken). But if you save the lard for baking the chicken (and then you eat the smaller lard), you get 3650 kcal (200 lard, 3x750 wolf, 2x600 chicken).

So this is my early suggestion - kill a wolf pack, you usually drop 3 or 4 animals before you get to the leader. Use one piece of lard (40%) to bake all 4 wolves (3 steaks each). Keep the remaining lard pieces and use them to bake the cows you kill. Keep the cow lard in your pot (it's probably good for 8 baking batches) in order to bake the odd chicken you kill or pumpkin slices. A put full of boiled chicken gives you 772 kcal (4x193), but if you use lard to bake 3 fillets, they'll bring you 1800 kcal for just 3 pieces, at the expense of losing some 120kcal worth of lard). Baking pumpkin doesn't bring additional kcal, but it does reduce the stomach volume used by 100ml apiece, and a survivalist worth his salt has puked pumpkin all over himself at least a few times.

What do you think, guys?

Note: I only re-baked wolf lard once, further tests are necessary.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

@emuthreat, @IMT - I've checked the numbers and emuthreat is right - cooking in a pre-heated cot does take 1:10 min.

However, we also discussed lard and I noticed something peculiar - animal lard is actually partially consumed (by 15%) during baking. It piqued my interest so I re-used the piece of wolf lard for the next batch. Sure enough, it wasn't burnt but instead baked the other three steaks. I continued baking with the following results - in the first batch, wolf lard dropped from 40% to 25%, in the second - to 10%, the third - to 5%, and then I decided to go with the fourth batch, containing 2 steaks. The remaining lard (5%) was entirely consumed, one steak was baked and the other one was dried.

This leads me to conclusions that eating lard is in fact not the most effective way of using it. Baking (especially steaks and fillets, but also pumpkin slices) yields the biggest pack of calories per pot (and per slot), as it doubles the output compared to boiling. This is why since I read about baking, I tried to figure out how to bring chicken to lard (baked chicken - 600 kcal, boiled - 193 kcal). For example, if you bake a full wolf (eat the lard) and then boil a chicken, you get 2956 kcal (320 from lard, 3x750 wolf, 2x193 chicken). But if you save the lard for baking the chicken (and then you eat the smaller lard), you get 3650 kcal (200 lard, 3x750 wolf, 2x600 chicken).

So this is my early suggestion - kill a wolf pack, you usually drop 3 or 4 animals before you get to the leader. Use one piece of lard (40%) to bake all 4 wolves (3 steaks each). Keep the remaining lard pieces and use them to bake the cows you kill. Keep the cow lard in your pot (it's probably good for 8 baking batches) in order to bake the odd chicken you kill or pumpkin slices. A put full of boiled chicken gives you 772 kcal (4x193), but if you use lard to bake 3 fillets, they'll bring you 1800 kcal for just 3 pieces, at the expense of losing some 120kcal worth of lard). Baking pumpkin doesn't bring additional kcal, but it does reduce the stomach volume used by 100ml apiece, and a survivalist worth his salt has puked pumpkin all over himself at least a few times.

What do you think, guys?

Sometimes they're still raw for me before 1:15, so I'll stick with that. And good tests and results. I only learned recently how good baked meat was vs. boiled so I'm definitely going to bake my food in the future.

thread cleaned *nomnomnom*

• Like 4

@Kirov (DayZ)Boiled was better than baked up until this patch.  I'm still trying to break my old habit of keeping my cooking pots full of water; guess I'll have to remember to drink the pots before cooking.

Good find on the re-usable lard.  Just out of curiosity, have you had any lards go down to 0% without having used them at all?  I've noticed this a few times in the last couple weeks, but not since last update.

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

@Kirov (DayZ)Boiled was better than baked up until this patch.  I'm still trying to break my old habit of keeping my cooking pots full of water; guess I'll have to remember to drink the pots before cooking.

Good find on the re-usable lard.  Just out of curiosity, have you had any lards go down to 0% without having used them at all?  I've noticed this a few times in the last couple weeks, but not since last update.

Yep, I noticed 0% lard and sometimes it was ruined god know why. Didn't try to bake with it back then, though.

I started to carry 2 cooking pots these days and I mix boiled and baked food, just for the hell of it, it's not that I'm at risk of losing the bright energized status any time soon.

Funny thing, I like how baking and drying doesn't make your stove release puffs of steam, so there's one more little stealth bonus.

Re: cooking and all that jazz - do we have any info about upcoming outdoorman/woman stuff for 0.63? Anything ground-changing or nothing more than fixing the frying pan (if at all)?

• Like 2

On 29. 6. 2017 at 3:11 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

We had a server crash that wiped EVERYTHING from the ATL 1st person server at about 6:30pm EST.

I was standing in front of a V3S rotating/fixing tires, and had a 4x4 I found less than a minutes jog away.

When the server came back, both cars were gone and the barrels Cold were using for a stash were gone.

Can you send me IP? I will check it.

• Like 2

On 1. 7. 2017 at 2:06 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Hi @Baty Alquawen,

We currently have only 1 first person server in the USA region.

We had 2 but now one is gone.

There are currently 16 UK servers for first person perspective.

If possible, please make a request to either add back another US first person server or maybe swap out 1 or 2 UK servers for US region first person.

Thank you.

I can see two 1pp servers. We going to change two 3pp servers to 1pp. I hope someone is going to play on it. :)

• Like 5

On 1. 7. 2017 at 11:49 PM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Is it a known thing that the 'craft fertilizer' feature doesnt' work at the moment? Just like with leather tanning some time ago - guts and plant material are consumed but no fertilizer appears. I checked with both small and regular piles of guts. Should I submit a bug for this or is it already there? Sorry, I don't follow the bug tracker on a regular basis, only from time to time.

Make a ticket on FT please. I am not at office right now so I can't check it, thank you :).

• Like 3

On 2. 7. 2017 at 3:13 PM, Baroness said:

It doesn't work, for me at least.

I fire up the 32bit as well because apparently it doesn't work on 64.

DayZ doesn't even recognize it as a new device although it is set up properly on my PC and I run both TrackIR and DayZ in administrator mode :(

giphy.gif

On EXP branch? 

Sorry for for spam today, I am writing on mobile phone and it don't like more quotes in one post.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

On EXP branch? 

Sorry for for spam today, I am writing on mobile phone and it don't like more quotes in one post.

Don't worry about "spam", as you're helping people. 

OT: Happy 4th of July everyone!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

I can see two 1pp servers. We going to change two 3pp servers to 1pp. I hope someone is going to play on it. :)

Yay!

Thank you, Miss Alquawen!

I know that there are a lot of testing minded players who prefer 1PP and I hope they stay in those servers as long as possible.

I will send a PM with the IP for the server to be checked.

9mnKOmd.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

On 7/3/2017 at 5:59 AM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

What do you think, guys?

Word of advice, yesterday I used one lard to cook eight cow steaks and though I was paying attention to the percentage of lard left, takes 10% off each pot, I wasn't paying attention to the condition of the meat which until I consumed a burnt piece and got sick! It was then that I noticed that only the first batch of cooked meat came out perfectly, the rest was burnt.

Little details:

I cooked my first batch only using lard not water for 1:30 came out perfectly.

The subsequent batches were cooked for a 1:15 and all were burnt.

After the sick status came I ran around for about an hour to find charcoal tabs, which I did and they cured my food poisoning.

On 04/07/2017 at 10:07 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

On EXP branch? 

....................well shit.

giphy.gif

not one of my proudest moment.

Gonna go try it now.

sigh

Hopped into EXP, made sure to delete the appropriate cfg files before doing anything else, game still not allowing me to click on XInput in the configuration of the controllers.

Fuck this, i'm done. No TrackIR for me.

giphy.gif

Edited by Baroness

Can anyone tell me if a server restart affects the loot spawn in any way? Or is it just a blip in the vast continuum of dynamic spawn? To put it in more pragmatic terms, if you've just looted a few mil tents and got caught by a restart, is there any point in going back through them?

3 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Can anyone tell me if a server restart affects the loot spawn in any way? Or is it just a blip in the vast continuum of dynamic spawn? To put it in more pragmatic terms, if you've just looted a few mil tents and got caught by a restart, is there any point in going back through them?

As far as I know of, server restarts haven't affected loot spawns for a while now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I've been in this exact situation just earlier today, and the buildings I have checked but took no loot from literally a couple minutes prior to the restart had more loot after it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ethan Tokes Kronic said:

Anyone else experiencing fps loss over time until memory cannot be read crash? Start at 80 fps in novo, end at 29 fps in an open field. 

I've noticed that the more memory DayZ uses the worse performance gets as time goes on. 

On scheduled restarts I have observed loot respawn many times in the recent past.

On 7/4/2017 at 8:51 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

My favorited DAL 1pp server is back!   

Thank you Batty.  I had actually taken a break due to the lack of decent servers (ATL issues and no 1pp US officials) for me to invest time in.  

Just found out last night.  I work the weekend but expect me to be on regularly during the week now that I know I have a home base.    

On 7/4/2017 at 8:51 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

Ok odd,

the 1pp DAL server from last night is gone and now I have a different 1pp DAL server that uses my 3pp character.  

The DAL server I favorited last night no longer appears in my list. 

The new one one that's connected to my 3pp hive character is DAL 4-100

it appears ATL 4-274 also has the 3pp character.

Edited by valdark
Clarity
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've noticed that the more memory DayZ uses the worse performance gets as time goes on. 

Mine eventually hits a terrible 29 fps and then memory crashes sometime after 4.5gb. I have stress tested my pc and it is not a problem on my end.