Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.140267

Happy Monday to all!

Experimental servers are back and we have some fixes for you :).

• fixed another very common client memory crash + related optimizations
  • fixes for proper trackIR functionality, please try it if you're using it and let us know if it works for you
  • fixed official/community servers to display in proper tab in server browser (you can't see it now, but it will be visible on the Stable branch later)

Have a nice start of the week and see you at Chernarus! 

3996887_orig.gif

• Like 27

Any of the recent experimental patches been pushed over to the stable branch yet? 

Already posted it on the feedback tracker, but in case anyone here has issues and doesn't check the tracker, TrackIR is indeed working now. I had to delete my cfg files first, it didn't work when I had booted the experimental branch before that, but it is working now for me. No need to enable anything in the options menu either, it just works. Also works on both 32 and 64 bit clients.

Has anyone else noticed it feeling a bit "floaty" though in this new experimental build? I haven't had a chance to tinker with my settings yet to see if that's the issue, but that was my first impression. Will be able to give it a go later on and see if I just accidentally defaulted movement settings for the headtracker in the TIR applet.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

Any of the recent experimental patches been pushed over to the stable branch yet? 

Yes. Until today, exp and stable were identical. So build 0.62.140099.

Now exp again a step ahead (big step 0099 to 0267, sounds like a lot of work with the memory crash-fix)

Thx at Devs.

// If I had a wish then: I would like to have an experimental server on which it always rains, only for the science. And it would be good if this is so called "Experimental UK-Rain7 / 24"  i.e.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Racket (DayZ) said:

Has anyone else noticed it feeling a bit "floaty" though in this new experimental build? I haven't had a chance to tinker with my settings yet to see if that's the issue, but that was my first impression. Will be able to give it a go later on and see if I just accidentally defaulted movement settings for the headtracker in the TIR applet.

Yes, can confirm. And it's not 'floaty', I would rather call lagging behind my actual wanted view position. It feels very sluggish at the moment, and is quite nauseating.

It was not like this in any patch before, and I tried multiple configurations, both in 32 and 64 bit, deleted all my .cfg files and updated TIR software and games list, tweaked the settings that control this (I didn't have to do any changes to these values for two years) like speed and smoothness but nothing helped. I use TIR 5 with the latest version.

It almost feels like the game limits the maximum speed the in-game head can perform when being controlled by trackIR, because I can rotate my ingame head just fine and very fast with the mouse in free look.

Please fix! I will update the tracker, if Geez didn't already marked the issue as solved that is.

• Like 4

(ingame) map are inaktiv at Moment.

Will there be another wipe (on STABLE) when this update will be added on Stable (because there are some fixes for memory issues) ?

38 minutes ago, moeb1us said:

Yes, can confirm. And it's not 'floaty', I would rather call lagging behind my actual wanted view position. It feels very sluggish at the moment, and is quite nauseating.

It was not like this in any patch before, and I tried multiple configurations, both in 32 and 64 bit, deleted all my .cfg files and updated TIR software and games list, tweaked the settings that control this (I didn't have to do any changes to these values for two years) like speed and smoothness but nothing helped. I use TIR 5 with the latest version.

It almost feels like the game limits the maximum speed the in-game head can perform when being controlled by trackIR, because I can rotate my ingame head just fine and very fast with the mouse in free look.

Please fix! I will update the tracker, if Geez didn't already marked the issue as solved that is.

My thoughts exactly, moeb1us

50 minutes ago, chiboul said:

Will there be another wipe (on STABLE) when this update will be added on Stable (because there are some fixes for memory issues) ?

I'm not going to say they're not going to wipe but usually with small updates like these they don't wipe.

1 hour ago, moeb1us said:

Yes, after sitting down for an actual bit of time with the game, this is certainly the perfect description of the problem. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to be able to change it back to the previous and rawer input that we had for so long.

4 hours ago, moeb1us said:

Confirmed for me as well. I tried playing for a while and it's very slow to respond to input.

the crash fix you mention, is this the player crash, when too many players in one area?

Thank you guys, we are checking trackIR again now.

Closing this thread because of the new update.

22 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

// If I had a wish then: I would like to have an experimental server on which it always rains, only for the science. And it would be good if this is so called "Experimental UK-Rain7 / 24"  i.e.

185.62.205.71:2502

• Like 4