Mr_Bare

Nerfing ammo loot suggestion

Okay so I have not played DayZ nor do I play any longer but I thought maybe I could give a suggestion to possibly give that game more of an immersive survival feel and my idea is of course to nerf the amount of ammo you find.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know "omg you don't even play the game how can you suggest such a thing noob you don't know anything blah blah blah..." but hear me out.

The reasons I think this could possibly be a good idea are simple. It would make players think about using their gun to kill someone or one of the undead or even just an animal. I've always saw DayZ as a survival game at it's core and when you run into a house or a military zone only to find several boxes of ammunition it doesn't really feel like your scrumping and scraping just to get by. it feels like "oh go get a gun and lets go PVP with all my ammo I have to spare".

I say instead of finding boxes of ammo maybe limit the ammo you can find to maybe 2-5 bullets at any given time. Do it like "The Last Of Us" did it where you find youself in scenarios where you're thinking "hmm should I shoot all these zombies and risk more coming or should I take them all out silently with my bow and move on?". IMO DayZ was never about the PVP but the player interaction and by limiting players on ammunition it kind of forces that interaction between players just that little bit more.

DayZ was fun back in the day for me but one of the main reasons I quit was due to the fact that they buffed the amount of stuff you could get your hands on which really ruined it for me. Food was too easy making surviving easy and ammo/guns was also equally as easy to come by which ultimately ruined the whole experience for me.

Make DayZ a survival game once again by making it hard to survive :)

I know most of you will probably disagree but I figured I'd just put my opinion out there.

Anyway thanks for reading, peace guys!

• Like 2