Sign in to follow this  
Shane O'mac

dieing while offline

I always log off inside a building with all the doors closed and no zombies in sight. Yet for some reason when I log back in a day later my character has somehow died? It didn't use to do that. What's going on?

Everytime the same Server ?

Or you login on different servers ?

1) (If you logout, your Character are for ~ 30 sec. visible and aktiv on the server... in this time its possible from a Kill be a Player) 

2) its possible if you have aggro from wolves or infected while logout, them can kill you on the Logout phase. ( closed doors no help for AI glitch )

3 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Everytime the same Server ?

Or you login on different servers ?

1) (If you logout, your Character are for ~ 30 sec. visible and aktiv on the server... in this time its possible from a Kill be a Player) 

2) its possible if you have aggro from wolves or infected while logout, them can kill you on the Logout phase. ( closed doors no help for AI glitch )

I usually just hit the play button when I start it up. And no to the agro. I make sure nothing is around and I'm relatively safe. I've never even seen a wolf before.

Haven't played recently, but think just hitting play puts you on a random server that fits within your ping settings.  So you might be getting put on different private hives, public servers ect that won't have your character carry over.  Use the server browser to find a server and stick to it.

No idea what's up with that. Maybe the server you're playing on reset persistence every restart?

2 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

Haven't played recently, but think just hitting play puts you on a random server that fits within your ping settings.  So you might be getting put on different private hives, public servers ect that won't have your character carry over.  Use the server browser to find a server and stick to it.

As far as I know it joins the server you played on last time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IMT said:

No idea what's up with that. Maybe the server you're playing on reset persistence every restart?

As far as I know it joins the server you played on last time.

That's what I thought. But I used the browser and found a  daytime only server. Then the next time I hit play and I got into a server that it was nighttime.

On 6/25/2017 at 7:07 PM, Shane O'mac said:

I usually just hit the play button when I start it up. And no to the agro. I make sure nothing is around and I'm relatively safe. I've never even seen a wolf before.

If you mean that the next time you login you are on the coast, it may be that rented public servers are on one hive and B I run public servers are on a different hive. so if you join from one to the other you will be starting over unless you have a player on each kind of server.