Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.140099

3 hours ago, IMT said:

But I bribe people with cow stakes so I'm going to get re-elected then anyway.

"T" steaks, "T" kvass, "T" tents;  it is all just a shallow branding scam to fool the people.  You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BoxmanZ_TV said:

They need to make canteens able to hold more water than PET bottles

I thought that they did hold more water. Back when I started playing they held 1000mL and the PET bottle had 500. Now it seems the canteen holds 800mL (per the wiki) and the PET holds 1000.

On my 6th crash in 35 minutes.   Come on DAYZ..  lately this has been 1 step forward and 3 steps back

7th and 8th..

Edited by plasma (DayZ)

1 minute ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

On my 6th crash in 35 minutes.   Come on DAYZ..  lately this has been 1 step forward and 3 steps back

7th and 8th..

And then there is IMT, which has encountered still no crashes since their hotfix.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

7th and 8th..

I get a fair amount of crashes still, but it seems to help if I restart steam and switch between 64 and 32 bit versions if I'm having problems frequently.

• Like 1

Drinking from cooking pots can be spammed, is it known? If you 'drink all' just when it's filled with water, there is no animation and it's insta-drinked.

• Like 1

Also, can someone fill me in on the current situation with heat-processed food? I read some wiki and noticed that there are things I missed. Today I tried to add animal lard to my cooking pot in order to have 'baked' steaks from a pot and not a stick, but whatever I did, I had only the 'add as cargo' option. This was the case for the pot full with water, empty, full with meat, empty, etc.

Then I decided to empty my pot and dry my food. First two batches looked 'boiled' to me (with no water in the pot, mind you), the third one I overcooked and burnt, then the fourth and fifth one got properly dried. So what exactly happened here, especially with the first two batches?

To avid hunters - how do you like your meat? It was only now that I noticed the huge difference in kcal output in baked and boiled food. Since it seems (?) that baking in pots is currently impossible, do you bother with shish kebabs or just go with boiling? Ever consider drying? I must say the last one brings back the memories of the 'jerky beef' in Fallout 2. Now I feel obliged to hunt and dry every kind of meat in the game.

Which reminds me - we're still stuck with the chicken, cow, deer and wolves, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I get a fair amount of crashes still, but it seems to help if I restart steam and switch between 64 and 32 bit versions if I'm having problems frequently.

I actually had to restart my computer.  Once it started crashing, no matter which server I joined, it would crash right as I loaded in.  This has happened twice now, and like I said, restarting my computer fixed it.  Next time I'll try just steam

and rofl.. i just respawned on top of the camo netting at the military base.  Luckily I didn't die or brake my legs when I fell off.

Edited by plasma (DayZ)
  • Like 1

I had no crashes so far since 0.62, I only and only start the game from steam library 64x. But if I start the game from desktop shortcut, it crashes randomly.

Edited by BAHADIR
  • Like 1

@Kirov (DayZ) I don't know about baking, but I typically just stick-cook them. They cook faster over-all boiled since you can do 4 at a time but usually when I'm cooking it's when it's raining so I'm drying out and warming up.

That said I almost died from an odd "bug" where I was running around in the rain chasing cows with a bow and it was getting dark on the server. The status message was saying I was getting warmer but I know from experience that as soon as I stop moving around the temp drops off quite fast. I made it back to my cabin without an issue and started a fire. I cooked the 8 steaks, my clothes dried out completely and I had no cold/freezing status message at all. It had stopped raining and I packed up the remaining stuff including a cow pelt to do some tanning and started running to my barrel stash when I got no more than 500m from the cabin and it immediately went to "I'm hypothermic"  I was a bit confused and was thinking maybe "hyperthermic" (too hot since I was running and had just cooked all that meat) but then headed back and lit another fire. I ended up burning off 3 full logs and a stack of sticks before my status went back to normal. I almost thought the Hypothermic was bugged since it would just repeat as I was "rapidly warming up". Took a while to drop to "Freezing".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

I had no crashes so far since 0.62, I only and only start the game from steam library 64x. But if I start the game from desktop shortcut, it crashes randomly.

Weird the shortcut would cause the crash..  But I'll try your method and report back..

• Like 1

@Kirov (DayZ)An empty cooking pot (no water) and a frying pan will behave the same, making dried steaks in the absence of lard, and making baked steaks if you add one lard to the batch; water filled cooking pot will always give boiled steaks.  Pots can be used with cooking tripod, stone oven, household fireplaces, and a portable gas stove. The pans, I believe, can only be used with portable stove and household fireplaces.  I never use pans. I always try to carry two pots and at least one gas stove, that way I can hot-swap the pots for continuous cooking.

The first pot of meat will take 1:30 to cook, but after the pot is already preheated, each batch will only take 1:10 to cook.

Cow lard is one of the most energy dense foods in the game at around 800 kcal and only ~150ml stomach volume taken.  I specify cow lard, because it comes out at 100%, while wolfs will give you 40% cuts of lard.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

@Kirov (DayZ)An empty cooking pot (no water) and a frying pan will behave the same, making dried steaks in the absence of lard, and making baked steaks if you add one lard to the batch;

Yep, got all that (although I thought that cooking takes 1:15m with a pre-heated pot?), it's the lard thing I'm confused about. So it doesn't take that fifth separate slot, does it? To recap - you take an empty (i.e. without water) pot, add one lard and 3 steaks, and they all turn baked - do I get that right?

As for the stoves - only a week ago I discovered that they can spawn in cars, too (usually I found them in kitchens with checkered tiles, sometimes in garages and sometimes in those small village shops with scales).

Lovely that they increased the capacity of the leather backpack as well, now I'm dressed in full leather outfit. And it's doesn't block your rear vision on HC! What I'm waiting for now is waterproof leather jackets, the whole variety of animals back in game, and hopefully some craftable bolts eventually.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

@Kirov (DayZ)An empty cooking pot (no water) and a frying pan will behave the same, making dried steaks in the absence of lard, and making baked steaks if you add one lard to the batch; water filled cooking pot will always give boiled steaks.  Pots can be used with cooking tripod, stone oven, household fireplaces, and a portable gas stove. The pans, I believe, can only be used with portable stove and household fireplaces.  I never use pans. I always try to carry two pots and at least one gas stove, that way I can hot-swap the pots for continuous cooking.

The first pot of meat will take 1:30 to cook, but after the pot is already preheated, each batch will only take 1:10 to cook.

Cow lard is one of the most energy dense foods in the game at around 800 kcal and only ~150ml stomach volume taken.  I specify cow lard, because it comes out at 100%, while wolfs will give you 40% cuts of lard.

2 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Yep, got all that (although I thought that cooking takes 1:15m with a pre-heated pot?), it's the lard thing I'm confused about. So it doesn't take that fifth separate slot, does it? To recap - you take an empty (i.e. without water) pot, add one lard and 3 steaks, and they all turn baked - do I get that right?

As for the stoves - only a week ago I discovered that they can spawn in cars, too (usually I found them in kitchens with checkered tiles, sometimes in garages and sometimes in those small village shops with scales).

Lovely that they increased the capacity of the leather backpack as well, now I'm dressed in full leather outfit. And it's doesn't block your rear vision on HC! What I'm waiting for now is waterproof leather jackets, the whole variety of animals back in game, and hopefully some craftable bolts eventually.

The way that I cook is a bit different. With the first batch I wait until my pot starts smoking and then I start my timer. At 1 minute and 15 seconds my steaks are good and each pot after that is 1 minute and 15 seconds as well.

And yes @Kirov (DayZ), adding a lard and 3 steaks will bake them rather than cook them if your pot is empty. Not sure if the position of the lard in the pot matters but I tried it with the lard in the first spot.

On 6/26/2017 at 3:25 PM, plasma (DayZ) said:

7th and 8th..

You have probably tried all and everything at this point but...

Try and delete/remove dayz completely and re-install. 

Operation Bus Extrication

A fine evening was unfolding as I made my way to a pond near Novy Sobor to try my hand at fishing. 

I've never tried it. I know, I know... Off I went with my baits and hooks and worms and all that good stuff.

Got 4 carps, but a specific carp was being a little shit and wouldn't bite my bait. I mean, the worm was extra large and all....just bite it already!

qRZAa8i.png

I mean, the guys have been the sole providers of protein (oh god, phrasing, Bear, phrasing!) at the camp, I figured I might as well stop cleaning up everything and actually make a meal.

Delicious.

54fGHn3.png

Emu, the pres......*ahem* , sorry IMT, the Vice-President of the Department of Transportation and Rationing of Chernarus arrives at the camp with a mission: I dub it Operation Bus Extrication because, well, a few buses need to be extricated from their predicament. 

Off we go with our somewhat trusty green cargo pile of crap. First stop: our first bus, laying on its side. Poor thing. 

PtgNC41.png

Emu backs up the truck in the bus. BAM! Success!

FUrbseP.png

Before we depart, first things first; rotate them tires.

''Yes, Baron, this is a truck.''

''Hmm, indeed looks like a truck to me'', she says, mumbling under her breath while inspecting under the hood.

VjFmjUm.png

Off we go to our second destination: Кабанино. Not one but TWO buses there need our attention.

Barely touching it with our truck, the first bus flips over itself like it's impersonating Regan MacNeil (I'll let you google that one).

yTmjhpf.png

There's one left. We should go easy on that one.

TA-DAAAH! Mission accomplished! (round of applause please)

t78218D.png

But wait, shit.................where are the glow plugs? Aaaaaaaah dammit. Off we go to hunt for glow plugs.

Excuse me, sir....sir? That's an overly exagerated lean you did there.... Perhaps you'd like to invest in the patented Michael Jackson shoes? It is listed under #5,255,452 if you must know.

jm6rj9f.png

giphy.gif

(We still need glow plugs.)

• Like 2

If you have a natural water pouch, you don't need water purification tablets as it apparently filters water without them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

If you have a natural water pouch, you don't need water purification tablets as it apparently filters water without them. 

Funny, the description is the same as the description of the PET Bottle. But I think we misunderstood each other earlier. I thought you meant that you needed to purify the Natural Water Pouch after you created it. I don't think that's needed but I believe you still can get cholera from unpurified pond water, even with the Natural Water Pouch.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

What I'm waiting for now is waterproof leather jackets,

The leather jacket will let you run a good bit longer than other clothing before you start to get cold : )

9 minutes ago, IMT said:

Funny, the description is the same as the description of the PET Bottle. But I think we misunderstood each other earlier. I thought you meant that you needed to purify the Natural Water Pouch after you created it. I don't think that's needed but I believe you still can get cholera from unpurified pond water, even with the Natural Water Pouch.

I tested it yesterday twice, but the first time I didn't get to see if I got cholera from unpurified water sources as I was killed by infected and a wolf while looking for antibiotics. The second time though I drank 4 pouches worth of water that wasn't purified and ran from the coast to tisy and back without any ill effects. It's possible you may be correct, but from my testing I hadn't gotten any illnesses from drinking unpurified water. I will test it again to verify it again just to be sure and I'll update if there are any changes. I agree about the description though and I hope they change it as it doesn't seem like it's actually describing a water pouch made of leather.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

The leather jacket will let you run a good bit longer than other clothing before you start to get cold : )

But you still get wet, and that puts a damper on leather jackets during rain.

Looks like I have a sidequest.  Gonna try my best to get cholera, but first I have to lose a little health.  Any suggestions for melee weapons to test out on the wolves???

• Like 3