Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.140099

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

You know, we were talking about that just the other night.  You just happened to be playing on the same server as Art, Baroness, and me at that time.  Strange coincidence, wouldn't you think?

If anybody's curious, the vials contain sodium bicarbonate (commonly sold on the street as under the brand name Arm and Hammer).  It can be used to stop a heart attack, according to my googling of its medical uses.

Please dont tell me you found my camp and destroyed it :P

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

No but I would love to drop off some things if you ever need anything! :)

• Like 1

l

3 hours ago, -Gews- said:

What do you mean I can't use all of these?

csYqnuk.jpg

lol.... I wish I had that kind of luck. I meant people taking all the canteens/pet bottles, raincoats, food, etc. making it look like things are really rare when they're not and preventing people from finding the things they need to survive even if temporarily in order to get from point A to point B. 

8 hours ago, Baroness said:

I am getting a whole lot of spoiled crops when I plant pumpkins nowadays.

Using garden lime and perfectly good seeds out of a packet. 

Also watering with water from a PET bottle that I rinsed and refilled from a pump.

I planted 3 plants, got  2 spoiled out of 3.

My mouth tastes funny.

Yuck-Bad-Taste-Euw.gif

Use disinfectant on the plants as they are coming up out of the ground, before the spots show up on the plants.

• Like 1

Yeah I had no idea about that, which is odd considering I somehow managed, up to now, to NEVER get a spoiled crop?! Odd.

emu enlightened me further up in the thread, thank you! 

10 minutes ago, Baroness said:

Yeah I had no idea about that, which is odd considering I somehow managed, up to now, to NEVER get a spoiled crop?! Odd.

emu enlightened me further up in the thread, thank you! 

I just finished 6 hours of dayz and was catching up on the forum and hadn't saw his post yet . Otherwise. i would have not posted 

3 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

Haha. Nope, but now I'll be looking.  If you find a guy in all leather clothing cooking meat in your camp, that would probably be me.

Happy hunting.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Baroness said:

Would you be willing to lose 1 slot in your bag for a cutlery set? I know I'm not :) 

If they had some sort of "happiness" factor to your character then eating with clean cutlery and warm food should make you feel better if you're sick, previously injured etc.

Also i wonder if having low blood/health should reduce your maximum stamina to simulate weakness by wounds. Or actions performed are slower if your maximum stamina is low.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Haha. Nope, but now I'll be looking.  If you find a guy in all leather clothing cooking meat in your camp, that would probably be me.

Happy hunting.

If I find a guy dressed all in leather, cooking in my camp..... err...that is going to be an awkward conversation... "Nope...who said so?...well sorry dude...not gonna happen....that guy lied to you....what's that? Umm Nope....not hungry either so just finish up and be on your way!"

Strangely relevant Pulp Fiction references anyone? "Who's Zed?"....."Zeds' dead, baby....Zeds' dead!"

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

l

lol.... I wish I had that kind of luck. I meant people taking all the canteens/pet bottles, raincoats, food, etc. making it look like things are really rare when they're not and preventing people from finding the things they need to survive even if temporarily in order to get from point A to point B. 

Yeah... I am not a full-time camp raider but I always have a look when I come across a tent. If it is full of weapons and ammo I usually swap a few things and I try to leave something of value....but when I find a camp with tons of provisions and gear? I totally destroy it and dump everything.... These guys are the ones that need a lesson in sharing from their mommy.

But I am primarily referencing just how fast you die when you are soaking wet. I have spawned in the open, with a good distance between me and shelter, and by the time I get under cover I am wet, cold/shaking, hungry, and thirsty. With no means of making a fire (unless we can light flare and cuddle with it) it ends up in player death within a few minutes. I am sure this will be adjusted but I don't see how it can be done in a manner that works on both types of server spawn events. When you start a new character you spawn in and for the most part you stand about a 75% chance of getting sorted out...but if the server is raining, and you spawn in the open, there is just no way you can make it to cover and wait it out before you starve...and if you run to apple trees or to the nearest town looking for food you end up dead from hypothermia...

I personally like the fact that starting out is so hard, as it probably discourages some players from YOLO-ing it and carelessly being killed because they love their gear so much, and they lack the attention span to do it all over again...and I find that it also helps you to establish an emotional connection with your character (easy there guys...not THAT kind of connection) as your struggle to survive the first day in-game kind of sets the tone for your character's progression. (at least that is how I find my gameplay works. If it was easy to get fed and geared and now I'm maxed out after a few hours...then I am more likely to be generous and helpful....But if my initial spawn was a tough gruelling nightmare then I am more likely to be a desperate SOB that has less sympathy for others...kind of cool how my mind plays its own game, actually)

What I worry about is how the Devs can maintain an acceptable level of difficulty with this experience over both types of weather. Hopefully the Server browser will have another couple of icons in the time of day column to indicate weather...this would probably help...but again...does this then also ruin the uncertainty for those who are already established in game and they just want to run around on sunny servers?...hmmmm...

Glad the Dev team have the intelligence not to rush this kind of game design mechanic...something as simple as deciding how the weather will impact a Fresh Spawn....which leads to a ton of other dependencies and game altering nuances...but right now all I want is to not die on the coast in a rainstorm....yuk yuk.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, philbur said:

If I find a guy dressed all in leather, cooking in my camp..... err...that is going to be an awkward conversation... "Nope...who said so?...well sorry dude...not gonna happen....that guy lied to you....what's that? Umm Nope....not hungry either so just finish up and be on your way!"

I had a couple one-liners in mind, but decided it would be too tacky.

It's not like I cause any harm.  Usually the worst thing I do is to rearrange their loot a little bit, usually adding random bits to make the interior design really pop.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma 

I use people's reactions to my activity in their camp as a gauge to how welcome they might be in my camps.  I've actually had to make the decision to be friends with strangers I've found in camp before; better to share than ruin it for everyone. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, and such...

8 hours ago, philbur said:

Yeah... I am not a full-time camp raider but I always have a look when I come across a tent. If it is full of weapons and ammo I usually swap a few things and I try to leave something of value....but when I find a camp with tons of provisions and gear? I totally destroy it and dump everything.... These guys are the ones that need a lesson in sharing from their mommy.

Sounds like you might not be the kind of player that I would readily welcome into one of our camps.  I like to have enough loot stashed in one place, so that when someone chooses correctly, they get to see a camp with dumbfounding amounts of goods to share.
There is also the consideration that your point of view on the subject of loot scarcity and hoarding is demonstrably flase; just a flat-incorrect understanding of how the CLE works.  

~~~ "Loot stored in tents and barrels does NOT affect the CLE" --Hicks ~~~

I think our disagreement might come down to general styles of gameplay preference. I prefer to pick one main server as a home server, and gain control over the resources on that server.  Knowledge of the location of the majority of vehicles is strongly preferred, but not necessarily to the point of hoarding them.  It just makes sense when they need to be tracked down and respawned again.  If a player tries to shoot me to have a look at the small amount of loot on my person, or just for the lulz, then they will not have access to a well-stocked supply network.
    This is how I try to incentivize communication and cooperation between players.;  by rewarding good interactions with access to pretty much anything a player might need, including free access to quality healthcare.

Sometimes it is a difficult process to find other players who behave reasonably.  It is a worthwhile endeavor nonetheless.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I prefer to pick one main server as a home server, and gain control over the resources on that server.

.....Yeah.....very noble of you good sir. ;-)

But OK...so are you saying that when you pick Kamyoshovo, Berezino, or the other coastal towns clean the water bottles, clothes, tents, food tins, drink cans, etc. all just reappear when the timer on that item trips? And it re-spawns within that general area of the map? (it's not on server restart anymore, right?.)

If this is indeed so...then yes, I have been overlooking this mechanism. So if this is the case then all the items you guys hoard in tents and barrels are simply replaced with yet more of these same items?

As in the mod....when the assigned number of loot items have all been "gathered for the greater good of our faithful" then the server is effectively "out" of these items to respawn and redistribute on that server?

That is how I interpret the per-server CLE. Don't try to prove how wrong I am about something by using irrelevant quotes. Please explain instead.

The cheeky Gimp reference was intended.

Finally...remember that "behaving reasonably" on your terms simply means you want others to be like you. Hardly altruistic, if that's what you were going for.

Did I just rate a JJ Face Palm?

Cool!

...but why? This is not a flame war, dude (or dudette). Let's hear from all the folks who know how the loot distribution system "really" works and maybe I would think differently about hoarding.

Again, for those that don't know, I am one of those guys that gather as much food as I can and I head back to the coast where it is most needed. 50% of the time it ends in energized new spawns heading inland...and I generally stay on the same server the entirety of that character's life span. That's how I roll...and that's probably NOT going to win me any friends within the Private Server Owners but that playstyle means I spend a lot of time just creeping around the map...taking my time...and generally not getting into any trouble. You could meet far worse in your ventures. As my rule of thumb goes, a public server should be an open experience and not one that has pre-determined rules of engagement whether it is supposedly for the greater good or not.

• Like 1

@philbur Hahahahahaha. You kill me with these assumptions.  I don't spend any more time on the coast than it takes me to pick a few apples and loot a dozen or so houses.  Sometimes it takes me hours of searching to find a cooking pot and a gas stove, other times I end up with two pots and a stove within 20 minutes; in neither case do I attribute my luck or lack thereof to other peoples actions.  (well, aside from cheeky accusations of Hicks sitting behind a desk someplace turning the loot dials in real-time, just to make life hard for us)
I don't much like the coast, you see only a few types of players there, and very few of them are the types I am looking for.  I prefer to meet players inland, ensuring that they at least know how to survive somewhat.

Did you ever stop to consider that the reason that the coast is so damned bereft of the loot you seek, is that people are waking up on the beach with abundant regularity and taking it to the nearest city to lay in ruins after only a few short moments?

I'll be honest with ya, it is my intention to disprove my previous quoted statement.  Sometimes it is fun to go out and find the answers to those deep questions about the CLE; like how many SVDs spawn on a server at a time; or if you can account for all 40 specimens of a single colored barrel that are allocated to a server, what happens when you bring more from another server.  If we have 9 M4s in a tent, will we stop finding them for a week?  If we destroy two of them by ruining them in a burn barrel and letting them despawn, will they be available for looting again immediately? You know, those tough questions about this game that is still under development.  We have already answered many other questions about the game, such as what happens when you shoot a noob in the head with an M4 while he tries to drink from a well, or what a geared player is most commonly going to do when they encounter someone giving out fresh food on the coast.

In any case, that is my chosen playstyle.  I don't much care for the coastal chaos and rinse-and-repeat KOS cycles; so I decided to go out and do something about it.  There is nothing about the game that prohibits or even discourages players from building a motor pool, establishing storage depots and supply lines, and then curating the better part of the military loot spawns on a server.  Just the way there is no mechanism prevent players from thoughtlessly shooting anything that moves.  Oh wait, there is a mechanism to prevent that; putting all the rifles in our tents and barrels, for safekeeping.

It's starting to sound a lot like you don't understand your own position on the freedom of choice on a public server.  Not that that matters; I've done the same thing on private servers before, and never heard any negative feedback about it.
If my idea of fun is to go find a public official server and homestead it, the only thing standing in my way is zombies, wolves, players and time.  So if your objection to my desired course of actions is to preserve the freedom of the public hive player to easily get gear and go PvP or whatever the fuck they want to do, should that come at the cost of my freedom to go out and secure resources to ensure my own survival and comfort on a chosen server?

If I want to RP as server quartermaster in an attempt to be a Wheaton's Law Evangelist in DayZ, then I guess there is only one way to stop me.  And that's kind the point isn't it?  If I'm looking for a certain type of interaction, I'll have to somehow facilitate that interaction.

Just for the record, most of the people I've met were happy to know of a place to go find guaranteed stocks of good loot.  Only met one shithead who thought the best course of action was to steal it all. He got hunted down and shot, and then hunted down and shot again for good measure.

Edited by emuthreat
dot the "t"
  • Like 7

Yep. I understand your points. For the record I have no reason to doubt your intent and I do indeed see the method in your madness.

Looking forward to meeting you with a can of food in my hand and an M4 in yours...I suppose. Oh well.

• Like 2

giphy.gif

emu for president of chernarus

Edited by Baroness
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, philbur said:

Yep. I understand your points. For the record I have no reason to doubt your intent and I do indeed see the method in your madness.

Looking forward to meeting you with a can of food in my hand and an M4 in yours...I suppose. Oh well.

Perhaps.  There's not a lot that brings me down to the coast anymore, aside from netting.  As for the can of food...

My idea of a good hold-up consists of doggedly suggesting that the player eat a nutritious, homecooked meal, whether they want to or not.  So far, I've never had to shoot anyone to get them to eat a steak.

2 hours ago, Baroness said:

giphy.gif

emu for president of chernarus

Unfortunately he needs to wait until the next election, I was chosen president of Chernarus by default. :(

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

So far, I've never had to shoot anyone to get them to eat a steak.

This depends on the steak in question... from earlier today...

L3OxJ1r.jpg

ChSY9rr.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IMT said:

I was chosen president of Chernarus by default. 

Well shit, I was not made aware of that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

This depends on the steak in question... from earlier today...

Ah, the road block at Svetlojarsk/Turovo, where the players crawl out of the ground like ants.

Just now, Baroness said:

Well shit, I was not made aware of that.

giphy.gif

Thank you, humble minion. People are always allowed to object though so there is a new election. But I bribe people with cow stakes so I'm going to get re-elected then anyway.

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

humble minion

giphy.gif

:D    <3

• Like 2

I have to say that entering the apartment buildings armed with only a chemlight is just about the creepiest thing ever.

Something's about to creep around the corner, I'm sure.

I feel like someone(thing)'s watching.

*shivers*

5pKKbts.png

If you're nice you can come to the camp.

onQLCXr.png

• Like 5

On 6/25/2017 at 4:46 AM, LordBlackwolf said:

l

I've come across players I've killed that have several PET bottles made up as improvised suppressors. They need to make canteens able to hold more water than PET bottles (IMO) and perhaps more easily available at mil bases (another incentive to risk the trip).  Would be pretty cool to see the 'Camel' style hydration packs in game that can fit underneath back pack and have it's own slot, like a holster (or instead of).

• Like 1