Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.140099

11 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

I'm still crashing quite frequently.  

Driving the sedan is a challenge.  It feels like it's on ice.  Not sure if there is a gravity setting for the sedan, but if so, it needs to be up'ed a bit.  I also do not like how even the smallest bush can cause a crash.  They really need to dedicate some folks into fixing vehicles.  It's getting to the point to why even bother driving.

Vehicles aren't going to be working correctly until some of the missing tech is implemented so we're going to have to wait patiently.

• Like 4

If branches can flow in the wind, so can hair!

:D

eO1R1UN.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Baroness said:

:D

Man that would be great, not just hair but other factors such as cloth physics like those ones on the scaffolds around in towns.

Wow just had an idea of being able to take those "tarps" on the scaffolds to use as crafting material.

• Like 4

Anyone noticed that the zombies seemed to be weaker ? I feel like I'm killing them alot easier than in the past. 

Is there any word on the sounds of zombies changing anytime soon ? I would like to hear more sickly human groans etc rather than this demonic cigarette smokers raspy flem ridden breathing noises we have been hearing for the last 5 years ^_^

4 hours ago, Baroness said:

Stop....Hello Devs...we need hairdresser.

• Like 2

Do anyone know injection Vials have a use now ? #makeinjectionvialsgreatagain

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

They never actually had a functional purpose in-game when it was implemented.

And i'm not entirely sure what use it could have besides very minor things that they "might" add in the future.

I'm surprised we don't have usable bowls/plates and cutlery yet q_q

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DannyDog said:

but other factors such as cloth physics like those ones on the scaffolds around in towns.

That would be awesome because it would add to the immersion I think. Just random empty town noises: tarps snapping in the wind, a random door slamming, maybe a flag up on a pole making a racket when it's windy, etc. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DannyDog said:

I'm surprised we don't have usable bowls/plates and cutlery yet q_q

Would you be willing to lose 1 slot in your bag for a cutlery set? I know I'm not :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

i'm surprised no one has asked for blowup dolls, so they don't have to travel alone.   LOL

Like in that movie Range 15.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, Baroness said:

http://bfy.tw/CXMG  There you go

My location Ukraine... Other results

Edited by shuter165

9 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

You know, we were talking about that just the other night.  You just happened to be playing on the same server as Art, Baroness, and me at that time.  Strange coincidence, wouldn't you think?

If anybody's curious, the vials contain sodium bicarbonate (commonly sold on the street as under the brand name Arm and Hammer).  It can be used to stop a heart attack, according to my googling of its medical uses.

• Like 5

I am getting a whole lot of spoiled crops when I plant pumpkins nowadays.

Using garden lime and perfectly good seeds out of a packet. 

Also watering with water from a PET bottle that I rinsed and refilled from a pump.

I planted 3 plants, got  2 spoiled out of 3.

My mouth tastes funny.

Yuck-Bad-Taste-Euw.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baroness said:

You have to visually inspect them for bugs during the second stage of growth, and apply disinfectant spray before they mature.

Edited by emuthreat
contrast
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

You have to visually inspect them for bugs during the second stage of growth, and apply disinfectant spray before they mature.

Arhh. Had no idea.

This is why I play with you! :)

• Like 2

On 6/22/2017 at 5:49 PM, nl said:

Never saw red messages, I did have an orange sick status which is now gone.

Well, I did die after all, by suicide because I didn't want to wait for the inevitable and had my gear safe.

I seemed to be getting better but after about 30 minutes I started to feel tired again and worn out, suddenly a red message "rumble in my bowels" it was going downhill fast after that. Took a revolver and shot my brains out.

After respawn I didn't invest time in finding weapons, just eating and drinking to make it back to my stash. Big mistake, about one kilometer from my barrel with goodies I was suddenly surrounded by wolves and had nothing to defend myself but an axe, they ate me. Now I am again trying to go back to my cache.

Cholera and wolves are bitches.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Baroness said:

Using garden lime and perfectly good seeds out of a packet. 

Also watering with water from a PET bottle that I rinsed and refilled from a pump.

I planted 3 plants, got  2 spoiled out of 3.

My mouth tastes funny.

Yuck-Bad-Taste-Euw.gif

I've gotten the same thing but surprisingly, the pumpkins and the slices produced by cutting them are showing up as fresh and edible.

• Like 1

@nl  This is why I prefer leather clothing.  It' gotten to the point that I'll start putting barrels of tanning supplies in zone 2, to at least be able to outrun wolfpacks to a safe structure and survive respawn runs back inland.

It really does well to protect you while running around in the woods.

Here's a little video of me testing the durability of the head-to-toe leather outfit:

• Like 7

Sheesh!

Jumped back over to Stable to once again provide food and water to the New Spawns on the coast....only to find four separate servers having major rain storms. Spawning in the open near the coast is an instant death sentence...and one that gets old fast. I know what the logic is here, guys...and I am absolutely all about immersion and "survivability"...but hypothermia from being soaking wet (even in the northern Baltic states) while the season is still lush is a bit much if you ask me. I have personally been pretty damn miserable in rain, on a cold coastline, and in-country and it takes a lot more than that to bring about the demise of even moderately fit people...regardless of their calorie intake.

Hopefully this is just a matter of the game progression going in another development direction for the time being, and this New Spawn status will be tweaked to present a more realistic "feel" to your first hours on the beach. Starting the game on the beach in a rain storm even sounds like the best way to thrust players into the game experience in my opinion (albeit this would be impossible of course) but without even a remote chance of surviving it currently just wastes time.

Maybe the debug screen could have given me a better understanding of why my death came so suddenly so many times, as maybe it was a combination of being wet, cold, hungry, and thirsty that ultimately leads me to death within the first 10 minutes of in-game time....but without the "blood" value being displayed I can only hazard a guess that there is still much balancing to be done towards character and environment.

I try to play "honestly" (by avoiding meta-gaming and just being in-character regardless of the situation when I fresh spawn) but maybe there is a need for a bit more opportunity to survive the first hour and then maybe balancing that with a few more wolf packs or rotten orchards.

Just a bit of venting here, guys..that's all.

Honestly, I don't know why we don't just always have the debug monitor. It's so useful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philbur said:

Sheesh!

Jumped back over to Stable to once again provide food and water to the New Spawns on the coast....only to find four separate servers having major rain storms. Spawning in the open near the coast is an instant death sentence...and one that gets old fast. I know what the logic is here, guys...and I am absolutely all about immersion and "survivability"...but hypothermia from being soaking wet (even in the northern Baltic states) while the season is still lush is a bit much if you ask me. I have personally been pretty damn miserable in rain, on a cold coastline, and in-country and it takes a lot more than that to bring about the demise of even moderately fit people...regardless of their calorie intake.

Hopefully this is just a matter of the game progression going in another development direction for the time being, and this New Spawn status will be tweaked to present a more realistic "feel" to your first hours on the beach. Starting the game on the beach in a rain storm even sounds like the best way to thrust players into the game experience in my opinion (albeit this would be impossible of course) but without even a remote chance of surviving it currently just wastes time.

Maybe the debug screen could have given me a better understanding of why my death came so suddenly so many times, as maybe it was a combination of being wet, cold, hungry, and thirsty that ultimately leads me to death within the first 10 minutes of in-game time....but without the "blood" value being displayed I can only hazard a guess that there is still much balancing to be done towards character and environment.

I try to play "honestly" (by avoiding meta-gaming and just being in-character regardless of the situation when I fresh spawn) but maybe there is a need for a bit more opportunity to survive the first hour and then maybe balancing that with a few more wolf packs or rotten orchards.

Just a bit of venting here, guys..that's all.

Honestly, it wouldn't be so hard to survive if assholes would stop looting everything so others can't find anything to survive on. It also gives the false impression that the DEVS themselves are making it harder to survive which is false as CLE doesn't clear entire towns leaving very little to nothing to survive on. It used to be pretty easy to find at least a raincoat but the previously mentioned assholes are showing they only care about themselves considering they're taking things they'll never use.

25 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Honestly, it wouldn't be so hard to survive if assholes would stop looting everything so others can't find anything to survive on. It also gives the false impression that the DEVS themselves are making it harder to survive which is false as CLE doesn't clear entire towns leaving very little to nothing to survive on. It used to be pretty easy to find at least a raincoat but the previously mentioned assholes are showing they only care about themselves considering they're taking things they'll never use.

What do you mean I can't use all of these?

csYqnuk.jpg

• Like 6