Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.140099

Is there any news on when Metal Wire will be readded, and when ocean fishing will work again? I can currently only fish in freshwater, and I can't catch rabbits. It's a real bummer because I love the hunting and gathering playstyle.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hayden_ said:

Is there any news on when Metal Wire will be readded, and when ocean fishing will work again? I can currently only fish in freshwater, and I can't catch rabbits. It's a real bummer because I love the hunting and gathering playstyle.

And for me, the skin of a wild boar)

• Like 2

Little bug! Not sure if known already.

I spawn near Kamyshovo and decide to cut off a stick from a tree with my stone knife. I believe it was the tall pine tree.

I head to the police station to the apple tree because I'm really hungry and I want to eat something. 

I search for my first apple on the tree and eat it. I search for a second apple on the tree and...........

I have multiplied apples!  I am officially Jesus.

dEgnoHb.jpg

I try to eat the first apple on the stick: I right-click and instead of ''Eat'' i get a ''Receiving...''. Like the apple is bugged. God dammit, I can't be Jesus today.

I take the stick to my hand and all apples dissapear from the stick. I put the stick back on my back and look for more apples.

Same thing! I Find one, eat it, and when I find the second one, the previous one is still on the stick, but not eatable.

SxzxSvv.jpg

Now 2 bugged apples on the stick and 1 good one to eat.

I have to put the stick in my hand again to make them dissapear.

I was almost magic Baron today. /sadface.

• Like 5

I see a few people talking about a crash or multiple crashes. To be honest, I haven't had a single one and I played for 3 hours and 40 minutes without ever restarting my game.

I did however leave the server but this was because of either a server restart or a server crash. Also no memory exception error when leaving the game.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, IMT said:

I see a few people talking about a crash or multiple crashes. To be honest, I haven't had a single one and I played for 3 hours and 40 minutes without ever restarting my game.

I did however leave the server but this was because of either a server restart or a server crash. Also no memory exception error when leaving the game.

I have much errors of read memory.(((

I had two memory crashes this morning within 2 hours.  Also had a sedan decide to drift all over while only doing 22kmh, then it went from 8 to 25 in first gear just after turning a corner, destroying the front end and battery.  Other than that, it played out real smooth.

Baty did say "important memory management issue" but that doesn't have to mean the memory crashes were fixed.  Could she elaborate?

26 minutes ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

Baty did say "important memory management issue" but that doesn't have to mean the memory crashes were fixed.  Could she elaborate?

she bought post-it notes

• Like 3

Im having this weird issue regarding keybindings for the last 2 weeks, wich i couldnt find any bug reports or forum messages (0.62 update, 2017).

when "Hold Breath" was unbound after 0.62 first stable build and i rebind it to "Sec. Mouse Button"(or any other key), it wouldnt have any effect, there was no more steady aim for 1-2 seconds anymore. i Tryed reseting keys, deleting Dayz.cfg and validate files on steam, switch to Exp and back to stable with no result. I found this thread from 1 month ago  but i still have the same problem https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124962 in current build 0.62.140099 22 June.

If anyone have some info or any kind of information, any help would be apreciated. Thank you

Noticed two things while playing. First thing is that buses can't be destroyed with the matchbox, it keeps saying "I'm too far away". I made a bug report about this.

Second thing is that there are still infected spawning where the old bus depot was between Lopatino and Vavilovo. Not only that, it also still spawns a police car and I've seen the bus there as well in the field.

Here is the screenshot of the police car & infected which still spawns there:

lrC4GKm.jpg

Edit: by the way, no crashes, again. StarvingArt did crash 2 or 3 times. I have yet to see my first crash since the introduction of the hotfix.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

important memory management issue

Sorry but no effect!

Played for 3 hours => 12 Cashes with 32bit client and 3 crashes with 64bit client.

We are in the Forrest near Myshkino. No inventory tab, only walking.... crash. relog... crash... relog ... crash...

My friends game also crashed at the same time!

We cant connect with 32bit client! crash, crash, crash.

Then we changing to 64 bit client, no crash.

Only the Memorybug by game exit is fixed.

DayZ is unplayable! We love Dayz, but it makes not fun with this "Terror" Bugs :(

Waiting for a fix... playing PUBG.

Guys it would be a LOT more helpful to post bugs in the bugtracker rather than on this forum thread. There are dozens of threads used every day here so chances are a lot of your bug reports are being missed. The bugtracker is almost definitely the best place for it.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, The_Lonely_Bandit said:

Guys it would be a LOT more helpful to post bugs in the bugtracker rather than on this forum thread. There are dozens of threads used every day here so chances are a lot of your bug reports are being missed. The bugtracker is almost definitely the best place for it.

You're right, I should post there, but I think I'd rather ask if this is a known bug first, so that way I don't have to submit it when it's already known. If that makes sense :) 

• Like 2

The before image looks way better than the after. Just saying.

Edited by Borges80

Hi, I just logged into DayZ just now (haven't played since this update), and my first spawn's player log was filling up rapidly with (loads of "I am slowly warming up, I am hungry, I feel thirsty") and I became unconscious in under 5 minutes, dead shortly after. I think this is a bug for people just starting up after the 0.62.140099 update. 

Second spawn is just fine though. Is this a common problem for players right after a build update of the client?

Edited by StayGold

1 hour ago, Baroness said:

You're right, I should post there, but I think I'd rather ask if this is a known bug first, so that way I don't have to submit it when it's already known. If that makes sense :) 

Even if it is a known bug the more reports the dev receive the more information they have. Even repeated information is good information because it shows multiple people encounter the same problems. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The_Lonely_Bandit said:

Guys it would be a LOT more helpful to post bugs in the bugtracker rather than on this forum thread.

I do not fully agree with this.

My friends and I have been contributing to these threads for years, since experimental was released, and before the new bug tracker.

It may be more helpful in some ways but experiential posts are read by the devs, and if you make a quality report here it is acknowledged, noted, and dealt with.

I can detail an entire 8 hour play session with more than a dozen bugs outlined with screenshots, and accurate times, and places, for all bugs, plus repro steps.

Both the tracker and the build threads are helpful, and both are necessary.

My reports wrap the gaming experience around all the bugs and vice versa, plus I can add my design ideas, and suggestions as they occur to me through playing.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

My friends and I have been contributing to these threads for years, since experimental was released, and before the new bug tracker.

It may be more helpful in some ways but experiential posts are read by the devs, and if you make a quality report here it is acknowledged, noted, and dealt with.

I can detail an entire 8 hour play session with more than a dozen bugs outlined with screenshots, and accurate times, and places, for all bugs, plus repro steps.

My reports wrap the gaming experience around all the bugs and vice versa, plus I can add my design ideas, and suggestions as they occur to me through playing.

Well to be honest this is a "stable" thread not experimental ;) 
(But yes I know what you mean)

I'm not saying devs don't use the forums to gather information on bug reports, I'm just saying if you want to - make sure - your bug report is not missed in the many comments on any thread on this forum then it is better to report it in the bug tracker. The specific place literally made to post bug reports. 

I'm sure posting in here will help but I would still suggest to post directly to the bug tracker as a primary means of feed back. 

Not only that but useless posts like "ermergerd my game crashed u still havnt fixed dis game. im leaving" seem to fill up a lot of these specific threads aimed at new updates and experimental threads. Which I'm sure the bug tracker gets too, but when these threads get spammed of comments that make them 8+ pages along it wouldn't be hard at all to either accidentally skip over a decent solid bug report or simply forget on which page and line the one useful comment was actually made. Hence making the process far more tedious than it necessarily needs to be for the dev(s) in question that actually bother to sift through a lot of the crap that gets spewed at them.

Either way feedback is appreciated anywhere I'm sure. Let's leave it at that to not spam the thread of a discussion that doesn't need to happen here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Crashes should be postet to the bugtracker as well. If you have opened it once, you will see that there is a lot more information for the devs than "opened inventory - crash". They have logs at specific places in the code and that is beeing logged so they know where to look. So pls guys, feed the feedbacktracker with your crashes. 

I put mine of this patch on exp few days ago to the tracker and it was a new crash for the devs. They help a lot. Just do it, 2 mins of work (zip folder, open ticket, upload 2-3 sentences)

16 minutes ago, Havrin said:

Crashes should be postet to the bugtracker as well. If you have opened it once, you will see that there is a lot more information for the devs than "opened inventory - crash". They have logs at specific places in the code and that is beeing logged so they know where to look. So pls guys, feed the feedbacktracker with your crashes. 

I put mine of this patch on exp few days ago to the tracker and it was a new crash for the devs. They help a lot. Just do it, 2 mins of work (zip folder, open ticket, upload 2-3 sentences)

He's not saying its better to post bugs on the forums than the feedback site. Both is good but yes, you obviously have to post bugs/issues on the bug tracker.

• Like 2

Wasn't able to set vehicle on fire last night. Kept saying I was too far from vehicle (I couldn't have been closer)

Edited by BoxmanZ_TV

30 minutes ago, BoxmanZ_TV said:

Wasn't able to set vehicle on fire last night. Kept saying I was too far from vehicle (I couldn't have been closer)

Which vehicle, was it a bus?

9 hours ago, IMT said:

Noticed two things while playing. First thing is that buses can't be destroyed with the matchbox, it keeps saying "I'm too far away". I made a bug report about this.

Second thing is that there are still infected spawning where the old bus depot was between Lopatino and Vavilovo. Not only that, it also still spawns a police car and I've seen the bus there as well in the field.

Here is the screenshot of the police car & infected which still spawns there:

Reveal hidden contents

lrC4GKm.jpg

Edit: by the way, no crashes, again. StarvingArt did crash 2 or 3 times. I have yet to see my first crash since the introduction of the hotfix.