Baty Alquawen

Characters and persistence wipe on Stable servers this week

Hello Survivors,
I just want to inform you about characters and persistence wipe on Stable servers. It will be probably this week because of new update. Thank you for understanding!

• Like 17

Thank you for informing us about the wipe. I guess it will be tomorrow during maintenance?

14 minutes ago, IMT said:

Thank you for informing us about the wipe. I guess it will be tomorrow during maintenance?

I can not promise it, but it will be with the next Stable update. 

• Like 2

so no serious gaming before update...
do it today!!!!:D

Fantastic!!  I am seriously hoping this will help to fix the server performance issues we have been experiencing for the past 2 weeks¬

Thanks guys :)

• Like 3

Rain and cold need to be tweaked a little bit, it is very very difficult for fresh spawns to survive without clothes or food.
It is not very real that you get cold by running for 3 minutes under the rain.

I noticed this by playing with friends on a night time server. It was raining as hell and we can barely go to loot anything without getting freezing.
I can deal with it but i think that it is very frustrating for the newbies to die again and again if its raining because it is not very funny to stay close to a fireplace for hours and hours until it stops raining.

Another thing is the unconscious state. It has been two times now where one of my friends fell unconcious because of food, we try to get him up by injecting Epi-Pen and also feeding him with a lot of food but it seems that the player is never recovered from this state, it is a known issue??

Can we have some details about what will change on the next update Baty?

Bestz!

Edited by EdStaffordZombie
Added unconcious question
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Rain and cold need to be tweaked a little bit, it is very very difficult for fresh spawns to survive without clothes or food.
It is not very real that you get cold by running for 3 minutes under the rain.

I noticed this by playing with friends on a night time server. It was raining as hell and we can barely go to loot anything without getting freezing.
I can deal with it but i think that it is very frustrating for the newbies to die again and again if its raining because it is not very funny to stay close to a fireplace for hours and hours until it stops raining.

Can we have some details about what will change on the next update Baty?

Bestz!

Hello,

Cold is not needed to be tweaked, DayZ is a survival game, it's meant to be hard! And it is not so hard to survive in a rain.

Changes are written in Experimental Branch thread starting EXP. UPDATE 0.62.139869.

https://forums.dayz.com/forum/135-experimental-patch-discussion/

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Wow Baty, so fast reply, Thanks!

Regarding the unconscious question? It is a known issue?

Keep up with this amazing work!

Epi-pens don't seem to currently work. Your best bet would have been to saline or blood bag him.

Just now, DannyDog said:

Epi-pens don't seem to currently work. Your best bet would have been to saline or blood bag him.

We already tried with no result. We tried Epi-Pen + Bloodbag + TonsOfApples and nothing.
In addition we had a fireplace behind him to avoid him getting cold.

Finally after some minutes he died. Has anyone recovered from unconscious state on this 0.62 patch?

48 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Rain and cold need to be tweaked a little bit,

The body loses heat 25x faster when wet.

If I stood you outside in a t-shirt and jeans in the cold rain you would be shivering within 5 minutes.

You can die of hypothermia floating in warm 90 degree water.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

We already tried with no result. We tried Epi-Pen + Bloodbag + TonsOfApples and nothing.
In addition we had a fireplace behind him to avoid him getting cold.

Finally after some minutes he died. Has anyone recovered from unconscious state on this 0.62 patch?

If a person goes under 500 blood they will not wake up automatically. Either by someone else or by blood regeneration they will wake up.

• Like 1

probably a known issue, but found out this morning that tanning is broken.  hides and fertilizer turn into... empty freakin barrel.  lol

I killed 2 cows for nothing.  poor cows. :-(

11 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

probably a known issue, but found out this morning that tanning is broken.  hides and fertilizer turn into... empty freakin barrel.  lol

I killed 2 cows for nothing.  poor cows. :-(

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, IMT said:

If a person goes under 500 blood they will not wake up automatically. Either by someone else or by blood regeneration they will wake up

So what sense have to be unconscious if you cannot wake up with that amount of blood (<500)?
If this is like this, it should show the "You are dead" screen instead of the "You are unconscious". :/

I guess because it's the final punishment before dying. The bloodloss is caused by having not enough blood to regain consciousness, it would be useless to magically let people wake up with nearly no blood left. Nevertheless you still have the chance to get help by teammates. Call it helplessness, but that's how you die out there if you do not keep a good eye on your health: slow.

• Like 1

Thank you for this information in advance and whilst I'm here you can have my last can of baked beans ;)

3 hours ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Wow Baty, so fast reply, Thanks!

Regarding the unconscious question? It is a known issue?

Keep up with this amazing work!

3 hours ago, DannyDog said:

I was unconscious and my mate used an epi-pen so it does work at times I guess

https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailOpenBasenjiPeoplesChamp

About the whole cold thing as a feature...

Sure survival is important yes... but in real life thats just not going to happen. I've gotten to stage two hypothermia in real life. I'm still here to tell the tale. I didn't need medical intervention, I just took care of myself. Being in the rain for five minutes isn't going to kill someone in the middle of the summer and if it did, then humanity would have gone extinct before we were even homosapians.  

• Like 1

Will the red dot sights be fix in the next stable update ?

May I ask why are we getting wipe? I thought the wipes are only on major Stable updates, it kinda ruins the need of making campsite, though.

3 hours ago, Julia_Shafer said:

About the whole cold thing as a feature...

Sure survival is important yes... but in real life thats just not going to happen. I've gotten to stage two hypothermia in real life. I'm still here to tell the tale. I didn't need medical intervention, I just took care of myself. Being in the rain for five minutes isn't going to kill someone in the middle of the summer and if it did, then humanity would have gone extinct before we were even homosapians.  

Nor does being in the rain for 5 minutes in DayZ kill you. If you want your argument to be taken seriously when it comes to survival game play changes to a - survival - game then at least don't exaggerate. 
In addition, this is a game NOT real life. Why compare it to real life? Things that happen in game are based on things that happen in real life (obviously) but they MUST be implemented into a - game -. Hence they must be balanced for - game play - and specifically in this case rain must be balanced to the point where it needs to hamper an unprepared player. 

Which it is obviously doing since so many people seem to be complaining about it.

2 hours ago, Just Caused said:

May I ask why are we getting wipe? I thought the wipes are only on major Stable updates, it kinda ruins the need of making campsite, though.

Map changes would be my guess, along with other things that may cause the need for it. 

• Like 1