strplatypus

Dodging bullets

The running left and right when dodging bullets is annoying and unrealistic, is there any chance that somehow it will be changed? Is there even any possibility? I don't see it in any other games only in DayZ

• Like 3

Yes it will be changed, running speed in general will be slowed down :) When? We do not know. Probably with the new player controller being released.

In DayZ the bodies have no inertia. That's why they (can) run unrealistically (concerning zig zag). In For Honor (I don't play it since the beta is over) the bodies have a good simulation of inertia. But we all know that DayZ's character feeling will never be like this. Since OFP->Arma->DayZ the bodies are just a mount for the weapon. That's why also melee "combat" will always feel awkward in DayZ since the engine was never made for it.

Edited by roguetrooper

15 minutes ago, roguetrooper said:

In DayZ the bodies have no inertia. That's why they (can) run unrealistically (concerning zig zag). In For Honor (I don't play it since the beta is over) the bodies have a good simulation of inertia. But we all know that DayZ's character feeling will never be like this. Since OFP->Arma->DayZ the bodies are just a mount for the weapon. That's why also melee "combat" will always feel awkward in DayZ since the engine was never made for it.

Yep, but hopefully it will be good with the upcoming updates.

9 hours ago, strplatypus said:

The running left and right when dodging bullets is annoying and unrealistic, is there any chance that somehow it will be changed? Is there even any possibility? I don't see it in any other games only in DayZ

We were just talking in the other thread how this feature is the sufficient condition to make all dayz combat silly and pointless. I hope so much that 0.63 brings some so-needed changes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roguetrooper said:

Noob figuring out the forum functions....me.  I got it right this time.  I successfully quoted a post. 

All through the OPFlash and Arma series the largest complaint from anyone coming from FPS games to the mil sim was the player control.  This is one reason the DayZ devs re-built the engine from basically ground up.  We haven't even seen what they have planned.  With the mil sim background and how many players don't want to see it become like a FPS bunny hopping adventure the devs will keep it as realistic as possible.  Would be nice to jump on a ladder without having to go through the process of having to find the trigger to do it.  Many things will or should change with the new player control.  What has changed will be determined later.  Hope we like.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

We were just talking in the other thread how this feature is the sufficient condition to make all dayz combat silly and pointless. I hope so much that 0.63 brings some so-needed changes.

Totally agree with you. At the current state would be better to solve melee combat rolling a D20 and consulting a damage table... anyway, regardless my disappointment about this topic, I trust in devs and I'm appreciating the great work they're doing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, oldfossil said:

At the current state would be better to solve melee combat rolling a D20 and consulting a damage table...

LOL, my feelings exactly when I fight the zeds - a wooden dice-based and turn-based combat, with a huge random factor to boot. I see that there are new animations for 0.63, hopefully new mechanics will follow.

This could easily be solved by making it so that players are limited in how fast they can turn while sprinting. Something like this already exists for weapons. I don't think it's too much to expect something similar to come to sprinting. Another way to address this could be to make the player suffer stamina loss when suddenly changing momentum. They have been working on new animations for a year and a half. They definitely have something up their sleeve regarding this issue. Some expect that they will be slowing down running speed when other methods of transportation are more abundant. 

Edited by Solopopo