Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.140062

Hello guys,

We fixed an important memory management issue, should help with memory related client/server crashes. We were investigating this issue for long time and we hope it is finally gone. If you are going to play on Experimental servers, please, report any crash you had - we would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our Feedback Tracker.

And we tweaked some more bushes and trees regarding wind effect on them.

Thank you and have a nice Monday!

• Like 24

1 minute ago, Baty Alquawen said:

We fixed an important memory management issue

That's awesome!

Very good news, that crash often was quite frustrating. Thanks, team!

It looks promising, are you gonna update Stable branch if everything will be ok with this update?

Anyone reading this, perhaps test driving in vehicles (preferably a Hatchback) for 20-30 minutes in third person to see if your fps still drops/game starts stuttering.

If it does, perform these actions afterwards:

- open inventory

- open inventory with items in vicinity (try dropping a couple of them at your feet before doing it)

- spin your character around as fast as possible

- zoom into towns

- log out of current server to see if it crashes

• Like 8

Just noticed that the rangefinder can´t change to optics mode.

Played for about an hour, no crash, also not upon exiting the game.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IMT said:

no crash upon exiting the game.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

ok so the server crash is fixed  , but what about the player crashes, in high populated areas?

Had a weird bug. Could't take anything into my hands. Reconnect solved that problem. But never had that before. UK 0-4.

Spawned in 3V, it's raining.   Warmed by the fire before heading inland with just my flare.  

No food to be found.

I find a couple of sodas on zed I take out but the pickings are slim and I'm having to stop at every house with a fireplace to warm up.

Still no food.

I find a sedan but promptly slide off the dirt road and high center on a log... these things weren't meant for muddy roads.

I make it to mysta but I'm too cold to try picking apples and I'm loosing blood from starvation.

I get cornered by this one so I have to fight her off.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/859474057604065140/3937A472B10C77455BEEBBA400184F0424EE5FA8/

She has a can of peaches on her.  I cut it open with my stone knife and raise one to my mouth as I fall unconscious.

This build is just about perfect.  Loving the visuals, no issues with performance so far.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, valdark said:

cornered by this one 

:)

• Like 4

4 peole on the server and i get shot at while driving sedan ffs why?. ^^ I found a bus and two sedans. All drivable. From Berezino to nwa in no time. :)

jqNkVlg.jpg

AiLLBb4.jpg

No crashes. No performance problems. But then again, there is only 4 people on the server.

edit. And YES! No crash when closing the game.

Edited by Seitan
  • Like 2

Spawned inland at Black Lake with no rock surfaces.

No sharp objects  

Couldn't make rags, fireplace or rope.

Still raining. 

Stayed alive by heating a cooking pot on pot on a gas stove and wearing it in my hoodie while picking apples in Olsha.

Wasnt enough to keep me warm but it kept me from completely freezing.  

Made my way way back to Sverograd hoping to make a stone knife on the beach from some rocks I mined at the crashed car South of Olsha.  

Ran into  to a stranger there.   Traded his ability to make fire for a can of sardines I couldn't open.  

Had to log.  

Looking really good but suggest the ability to craft stone knife by striking two stones together in addition to at the surfaces since most inland stone surfaces have been removed with the map changes. 

• Like 2

Damn this game is getting better and better, but I got a crash in my 30 Minutes playtime. Gonna post it on the Feedbacktracker, happened while accessing the inventory.

So beautiful :)

3JVWYiO.jpg

sPCn3JP.jpg

• Like 6

Didn't had much time the last days for playing, till today.

Excuse me for talking again about ambient sounds^^ It seems there is again a very strong focus on sounds like crickets or something like this. I really wonder why especially (annoying) whir/buzz sounds play such a significant role for the devs. At the moment every 5 meters you walk/run in the forrest & green fields you will hear  2 - 3 maybe even 4 different types of located cricket-like sounds (one of it sounds like a fax machine, lol), even when it rains they are so dominant. It's simply not authentic and realistic, sorry for saying this. I would prefer instead more variety, different insects like (bumble)bees, flys etc. but please... carefully and decent... and not to close to players head. Almost every time when I play 0.62 I have the same thoughts: hey hey chill chill bird, please crickets chill, I even found my self saying: chill bush, because the motion is to much/strong if you compare with the nature outside. In my opinion there is generelly to much "gallery/grandstady play", I dont know if this is the right word, we call it "Effekthascherei" in germany.  

It seems the birds were almost completely gone for today, to be honest I didn't miss a single one. Because the most birds in 0.62, especially the close ones who "sits on your shoulder" were just unfamiliar and strange for me. Maybe in russia are other types of birds then in middle europe, but for me they often sounds artificial/sythetic like R2-D2 :-) I you ask me I would prefer also a variety of birds, for example in towns (on roofs) doves or some crovids like magpie or simple crows or maybe kestrels etc. I believe, if the devs want to convince people from the new sound engine and ambient, they must put more work and love in this whole topic. Maybe they have anyway big plans and I just talked to much for nothing :-) 

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

Thank you for your feedback guys.

We didn't find any serious problems with this update and we had 0 crashes of Exp servers this night (!!!).

It looks really good! 

• Like 11

Hey Baty,

zBY91B.png

Please update "version bar" on Dayz.com.

Thank you :)

Edit:

and "Beta" link :)BA43Q9.png

Edited by FatihScope