Mookie (original)

Things I have yet to see in 0.62

I've been playing this patch pretty intensively, including a lot of crash site running, military bases (particularly Tisy) and general looting. I've yet to see any:

Gloves. None. Not in the tan-coloured sheds, barns, anywhere. Shame really, as they're usually a part of my outfit.

Explosive or NATO smoke grenades. Flashbangs and RDGs are around though.

Plate vests, pouches, holsters

SMERSH vests and bags

VSS Vintorez or its ammo.

FN FAL or mags

It would be helpful to compare notes and see if I just haven't done enough to see any of these things yet, or alternatively whether some of them have yet to find a place in the 0.62 loot table.

About those things you've mentioned, well, I've found gloves so far. They quiet common in sheds and that stuff. I'd suggest you to check brown sheds with small one-way window or those concrete garages like those next to supermarket in Stary Sobor.

About mil. stuff, I don't know so far. There are a lot of high capacity vests in Tisy mil. base, but for other stuff I don't know. In latest patch I haven't explored much of military areas.

Found an FN FAL a few days ago on Stable 0.62 and as you can see, the character is wearing gloves. I've been finding gloves in garages, sheds, or any industrial spawns really. All my characters are wearing them.

6ACEDE67DC8DFAE7E2632A372DC06FCFCAAF4B95

And this one from the most recent experimental build. Pristine brown  working gloves.

30756606F8C33B7603B9B400C4E29833941778E0

As for the VSS, haven't found any mags or ammo for it at crash sites, and usually Tisy guard towers have the weapon, but haven't seen one in 0.62

• Like 1

Haven't seen a Plate vest in a long time...press vests as well for that matter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

snip

Where'd you find that M4? I haven't visited military locations in a long time in this version, just because I'm playing 1 vs 59, so I stick to civilian areas. Do M4's spawn in military bases ( because I've seen them few times there ) or heli crashes?

1 hour ago, DemonGroover said:

Haven't seen a Plate vest in a long time...press vests as well for that matter

Press vests are in hospitals.

Plate carrier is likely tied to the borked heli loot spawn system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I've been playing this patch pretty intensively, including a lot of crash site running, military bases (particularly Tisy) and general looting. I've yet to see any:

Gloves. None. Not in the tan-coloured sheds, barns, anywhere. Shame really, as they're usually a part of my outfit.

SMERSH vests and bags

FN FAL or mags

It would be helpful to compare notes and see if I just haven't done enough to see any of these things yet, or alternatively whether some of them have yet to find a place in the 0.62 loot table.

OH damn i thought this thread was about Things we haven't seen in game yet like base building, crafting system working as intended, half of the other crap promised.

but it was items not in .62 LOL had me all worked up Mookie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

Where'd you find that M4? I haven't visited military locations in a long time in this version, just because I'm playing 1 vs 59, so I stick to civilian areas. Do M4's spawn in military bases ( because I've seen them few times there ) or heli crashes?

Sadly since at least 0.59 no weapons can be found at heli crash sites. The M4 can be found at military locations (green containers, tents, quonset huts, etc.) and this one was found at Tisy. There was 2 of them.

Can't wait till weapons come back in heli crash site loot tables. They said it was related to dynamic events, but I don't really understand why they couldn't just apply the same system as the police cars dynamic spawn system, as they spawn weapons without any problems, and both are dynamic events. Anyway...

Been hunting for crash sites a lot in 0.62 and plate carriers, the pouches and pistol holster as well as SMERSH vests/backpacks seem to be missing from the lot tables.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

SMERSH vests and bags

FN FAL or mags

holsters are there, flashbangs mostly in clothes at car wrecks

On several occasions, I found poor or even extremely poor loot at Tisy/NWAF/helis. I always assumed it'd been just thoroughly looted or that that instance of loot spawn yielded poor results, but judging from that you write, this is more commonplace. So what exactly do you expect from the above locations when you go there? Assuming private servers. Is it normal that I went to Vereshnik and found literally like a pair of boots and a sweater? I don't mean 'leftovers', I mean 'next to nothing'.

48 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

On several occasions, I found poor or even extremely poor loot at Tisy/NWAF/helis. I always assumed it'd been just thoroughly looted or that that instance of loot spawn yielded poor results, but judging from that you write, this is more commonplace. So what exactly do you expect from the above locations when you go there? Assuming private servers. Is it normal that I went to Vereshnik and found literally like a pair of boots and a sweater? I don't mean 'leftovers', I mean 'next to nothing'.

I play all public. I guess at the start I was expecting something like the loot frequency that we're used to - or at least the possibility of luck - but there is a distinct downturn this patch (note: I'm not complaining..). I just don't bother with Veresnik, and NWAF isn't much better.

M4s are actually pretty common at Tisy - probably the gun I see there most frequently. But attachments seem pretty rare.

Good to hear that gloves are in. Guess I've just been extremely unlucky. Red, if I still haven't found any in a couple of days, I'll try to tempt you from your spaceship :)

2 hours ago, DayZ Standalone News said:

holsters are there, flashbangs mostly in clothes at car wrecks

I mean plate vest holsters, not vanilla pistol holsters...

12 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Found an FN FAL a few days ago on Stable 0.62 and as you can see, the character is wearing gloves. I've been finding gloves in garages, sheds, or any industrial spawns really. 

I like your outfit

• Like 1

Gloves: look in the wooden sheds with the window in the back or in the garage blocks.
Explosive or NATO smoke grenades: not sure if I found smoke grenades, I generally don't take them or make note of them. The NATO grenades I haven't seen yet but they might be rare.
Plate vests, pouches and holsters: I don't think I have seen any but I haven't looted a lot of heli's to be honest.
SMERSH: Haven't seen either the bag or the vest but again, didn't loot many heli's.
VSS: I have seen the VSS but not the mag or ammo.
FN FAL: I have seen the FN FAL but not the mag.

But to be honest, a lot of these things are just very rare like FN FAL mags and VSS Vintorez mags or ammo.

• Like 1

Can confirm these are certainly in current .62 stable:

Gloves

flashbangs

FN Fal

VSS

Press Vest

And I am wondering something... maybe the no loot heli crash sites are tied to a certain item? Like the loot - all doesnt spawn, simply because a particular item is messing things up? i.e. game tried to spawn Smersh vest, but find error, so all loot at that heli crash does not spawn.

Hmmm... or BIS is trolling us. ;)

Perhaps I expressed myself badly, but I was referring to plate vest, not press.

I wonder if my glove drought might have something to do with CLE zoning. In the west/north west (between, say Sosnovka and Tisy), there continue to be none.

Quite possible that there are some unintended CLE consequences going on.