Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Macro keys disabled. Why?

Why can't you use macro keys for running anymore? Before 0.62 I had "Shift + W" (or double tap W + hold it) on "G9" on my Logitech G510. Suddenly with 0.62 that doesn't work anymore.

Does anyone know a way to make makro keys usable for running (long distances) again? I don't mean putting a weight an a key or using duct tape or something else.

Probably to discourage any kind of cheating. Can always jam a good ol' nickel into your keyboard.

Didn't even know game can block those kind of things or is the BattlEye blocking it?

Would be nice if you could have auto-walk. Auto-run is bit meh. Can you even auto-walk?

I don't see how this should be any kind of cheating. Every MMO has autorun. Then they should at least provide an game-internal option/key for autorun so that this feature is available to everyone. And I don't know why DayZ ignores macro keys, I just noticed that they can't be used anymore since 0.62.

• Like 1

While there at it, if they could put "double tap forward key" to jump up from prone quicker (like we used to be able to), so I can't move at realisticly situational speed when the bullets start flying to try and keep them from ripping half my face off, that would be nice.

Or we can just keep taking the cool bits of sophistication from Arma we were lucky to have out of DayZ.

Edited by libertine

28 minutes ago, libertine said:

While there at it, if they could put "double tap forward key" to jump up from prone quicker (like we used to be able to)

From prone? You might mean from crouch.

20 hours ago, WOLFGEIST said:

Probably to discourage any kind of cheating. Can always jam a good ol' nickel into your keyboard.

Probably related to this: "Fixed inability to bind additional mouse keys"

Control scheme was messed up a bit with 0.62. Doubt preventing binding certain keys would be intentional.

Since the quote tools don't work on this forum.  Wolfgiest said "Probably to discourage any kind of cheating. Can always jam a good ol' nickel into your keyboard."

Using 3rd person is way more of an advantage than a macro key to run.  There are so many more ways to get the advantage over others, this makes no logical sense.  What does make sense is the consolization of the game.  None of my PC game device axis will work with the game now.  Arma they continue to work....DayZ no longer.  They only thing that works is a freaking console controller.  Eventually these ahat devs will force us to use one and not let us use a mouse.  Which is like telling a pro athlete they needs to wear flipflops while running.

13 hours ago, roguetrooper said:

Every MMO has autorun.

DayZ's an MMO?

Anyway, the only reason I can think of that the game doesn't have an autorun feature is because it's not part of the vision to this game.  DayZ is supposed to be more of a "hardcore" style of survival game.  No handholding

Edited by Guy Smiley

4 hours ago, -Gews- said:

From prone? You might mean from crouch.

Naw, I mean getting up quicker from prone, ie, lying on the ground. Arma 2 feature. A feature of real life as well. People tend to move a bit quicker when the bullets start flying. If I were making a game, I would definitely consider adding a movement mode toggle with possibly 3 states to make movement look and feel a little more situationally appropriate with endurance limits for things like panic sprinting.

5 minutes ago, libertine said:

Naw, I mean getting up quicker from prone, ie, lying on the ground. Arma 2 feature. A feature of real life as well. People tend to move a bit quicker when the bullets start flying. If I were making a game, I would definitely consider adding a movement mode toggle with possibly 3 states to make movement look and feel a little more situationally appropriate with endurance limits for things like panic sprinting.

Ah, not a default map, then. Still listed in DayZ but nonfunctional:

IN81XxS.jpg

10 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

DayZ's an MMO?

Anyway, the only reason I can think of that the game doesn't have an autorun feature is because it's not part of the vision to this game.  DayZ is supposed to be more of a "hardcore" style of survival game.  No handholding

It's more an MMO than a Call-of-Duty-shooter.

I am in the same boat and totally agree with the OP.  Since the patch, they removed "Fast Forward", which is what I was able to bind to auto run.  I broke my wrists when I was younger and constantly holding down the w key causes severe pain after a while.   There's not reason not to allow macros.  

21 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

DayZ's an MMO?

Actually, one of the hallmark features of standalone from the begining was an MMO style engine that gave more authority to the server side of things to prevent easy cheating. This is part of the reason that desync has been an issue. In the mod, nearly everything was handled client side making it extremely easy to cheat in. With .63, the Enforce script and new network code along with all assets being re-worked for the new physics module and other new mechanics such as efficient loot spawns should help with desync and other server related issues.