Sign in to follow this  
Pliskinki

Loot System Rework to spread Chernarus interactions.

Hi, I'll be brief over what I think would be the best way to open up more zones to human interactions, straying it away from the routes to Military areas, while also making Military areas even more rewarding then they actually are now and coastal towns a more interesting place to be in the beginning since most experienced players will run right away from these places when they spawn in-game, without further a do.

Loot Zones as they are now should be changed, that said, loot should spawn anywhere and be controlled through quality and rarity, not only quantity and type. This doesn't mean, "M4 kids running around Elektro all day.", quite the contrary, check my line of thought on this one:

You guys like how you have to go thoroughly an entire town to find burlap sacks and netting to create a Ghillie Suit? And how it has tiers for how much effort you put into it? If you do like this:

Imagine if you could find pieces, parts of an M4 anywhere in Chenarus, with quality and chances dependent on the zone you are at.

Green Coastal Zones (Super rare 1.0% chance → Badly Damaged ↔ Worn) parts;

Red Zones up north (Rare 2.5% chance → Badly Damaged ↔ Pristine) parts;

And also a Hyper Rare 0.01% chance of finding the full thing but always Badly Damaged ↔ Damaged lost at some random lone house in a mountain at some weird place for example.

With this, people would have one more reason to search all the houses and places in this game even when they have gear, as people searching for burlap sacks do right now, they go everywhere in the game to build their Ghillie, this change would strongly reward the exploration of the world.

Having a chance to come across anything while you loot, highly increases the excitement and will to scavenge all and any town you come across.

I used the M4 as an example because it has loads of attachments, and as the devs said in the past Status Reports, weapons could in the future have more parts, so this system would be neat, also this rarity/quality control could apply to food and other items, canned food should have higher nutritional values and be really rare, hunting big game animals should have at least 5x the nutrition it has now (so it is worthier than the canned food, even after the little buff they did, it still not rewarding enough.), whenever they fix apples, and they will soon, hunting chickens, little animals should be the go, to survive in the beginning, and canned stuff should be a valuable asset to have with you (3x more nutrition, or something alike), thus, rare.

Thanks for reading, please comment what you think would better balance interactions across all of the map.

• Like 1

jea...agree to some extent of your suggestion. Would be nice to know that military items could spawn elsewhere aswel not only military areas. Chernarus could have more military activity then just military zones. For example thoes big apartment buildings...not really worth currently going there but with a rare chance to spawn an svd or some other "sniper gear" would make it worth it. Yes, what you are suggesting makes sense and could add more player interaction / encounters.

• Like 1

Thanks @smofi, this is not only about military tier gear, but all gear, in general, the deal with military weapon parts is just a way of explaining the ropes on how the execution of the idea itself should go.

I believe you got the concept, and I can only agree with you that having a rare chance to find parts to build an SVD or the SVD itself on a really low condition in the apartment buildings after this "re-work pass on loot" would create a reason to go into them and check stuff there making them a worthy place to stop in your loot routes.

After all it shouldn't be about concentrating loot in a specific buildings or areas, but more something a long the lines of a surprising reward to the player that is actively seeking every corner of this raved world to find what they want.

58 minutes ago, Pliskin Scout said:

Thanks @smofi, this is not only about military tier gear, but all gear, in general, the deal with military weapon parts is just a way of explaining the ropes on how the execution of the idea itself should go.

I believe you got the concept, and I can only agree with you that having a rare chance to find parts to build an SVD or the SVD itself on a really low condition in the apartment buildings after this "re-work pass on loot" would create a reason to go into them and check stuff there making them a worthy place to stop in your loot routes.

After all it shouldn't be about concentrating loot in a specific buildings or areas, but more something a long the lines of a surprising reward to the player that is actively seeking every corner of this raved world to find what they want.

jea...i get your suggestion. More variety of loot after 0.63 will be added im sure and hopefully they see this suggestion and go " Hmm...this makes sense."  restricting loot to its specific location only makes it kinda less immersive but then again its logical that you find police items in a police station. That should not be the case in my opinion since when the infected appeared it probly caused some chaos, therefor you have a chance to find svd in a civilan house.

Dont know how presistence exactly works but maybe they can do something about it to make looting and finding it more immersive. Also would love to have some misc items in the game aswell ( mod had empty tin cans if i recall correctly ) and loot placement overall id like it to be more various ( seeing gun against a wall or a axe you can take from a treestump, backbag outside leaning against a fence  ) 

EDIT: Modding probly addresses the issue if not done by developers. My only fear is that moded servers liked " m4 spawn SERVER " and " NUKE! +200 cars: +50 helis "  will cast a shadow on moders that actualy make the game better by adding great content do it.

Edited by smofi
+modding
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, smofi said:

EDIT: Modding probly addresses the issue if not done by developers. My only fear is that moded servers liked " m4 spawn SERVER " and " NUKE! +200 cars: +50 helis "  will cast a shadow on moders that actualy make the game better by adding great content do it.

The devs will certainly not allow anything.

There will certainly be limiten upwards so the one system does not completely lose its meaning. (Vanilla m4 20 pieces per server, with modding possible to change from 0! To 50 m4's - numbers only as an example).

With limits it will nevertheless be possible to have good action without mutating the game to Quake Arena.

4 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

The devs will certainly not allow anything.

There will certainly be limiten upwards so the one system does not completely lose its meaning. (Vanilla m4 20 pieces per server, with modding possible to change from 0! To 50 m4's - numbers only as an example).

With limits it will nevertheless be possible to have good action without mutating the game to Quake Arena.

does not matter if the devs allow it or not....cant be sure until its actualy released. might be simple exploits around it or something that would allow modders to "rape" the game. We will see once its released.

I'm afraid about modding too... But we shall see how it goes.