desolace1

unplayable ofc

What the hell is wrong with this game? Im back after 1-2 years (playing since EA start) and I can't even survive with any character (made like 30 or more, playing whole day). Im dying of fking rain and starvation because 5min in rain and im hypothermia wtf? Really? Loot is total shit, can't find food anywhere, especially when it rains so i can't even move around. If i make a fireplace i have to camp there forever because it ends in 2min ofc. Why the hell a fresh spawn player has to be hungry at the start? The weather is horrible too, there is no sun in the game anymore or what? Huge wind and rain all the time.. Sorry but for me this game was better in 2013 than now, i could at least play it somehow. Maybe if you find all the stuff and gear up but seriously, as fresh spawn you start in fking forest and you are already hungry + damp cus of rain. You have no weapon if you find a village you have to clear zombie and search for items but 90% buildings are empty or have useles crap. This is ridiculous.

Edited by desolace1

I love posts like these.  You know the game is heading in the right direction when people start to rage about how hard it is to survive 

• Like 8

It's not hard, it's stupid and unrealistic. In real life you die after 5min in rain? Or your fireplace lasts only 3min? So you can't move and search for loot because there is a super deadly rain? lol. When i look at all these extremely negative steam reviews after 4 years then i have a bit different opinion about the direction this game is going. But some fanboys will always say its perfect no matter how shit would be the game.

34 minutes ago, desolace1 said:

It's not hard, it's stupid and unrealistic. In real life you die after 5min in rain? Or your fireplace lasts only 3min? So you can't move and search for loot because there is a super deadly rain? lol. When i look at all these extremely negative steam reviews after 4 years then i have a bit different opinion about the direction this game is going. But some fanboys will always say its perfect no matter how shit would be the game.

Rage on my man, rage on :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, desolace1 said:

It's not hard, it's stupid and unrealistic. In real life you die after 5min in rain? Or your fireplace lasts only 3min?

I'm not here to defend the gameplay, just wanted to say that there's one thing I've noticed on these forums - people like you absolutely never, ever complain about the 'unrealism' of the myriad things which are conducive to a smooth pew-pew experience.

A close combat shotgun wound treated with a freakin' stick with some T-shirt leftovers wrapped around it? What, we've all been there. 4 cans of tactical bacon chased by 25 apples? Barely what I call a dessert. It's raining cats and dogs? Just put on this thing, we call it a 'Gorka jacket' but it's more of a force field, really. Shat yourself from cholera? Take this one single pill from some random blister I found in a hospital and you'll be good as new in half an hour.

To make myself clear here - I don't call for a realistic simulator of nerve paralysis or food poisoning complications (a gunshot in a post-apoc scenario would probably almost always equal death). But I'm surprised how the 'unrealism' stick only works one way. It's true that rain is ridiculously (and excessively) deadly, but it's happening in a game where you can take out an FNX from a cooking pot from the deep of your backpack in 1 second. Where's the rant topic you started about that? Rain hampers your immersion, but freakin' hotkeys don't? Pray tell, how many hotkeys do you have assigned in real life?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

113bf7f8dff646f2f2f51e7c260ded2ff3d07d09

^^this

You do not know many game mechanics yet. Thats all. Thats ok. Ask next time how to survive.

• Like 2

@desolace1 If you want to learn how to survive in this current build, I'll be happy to help you along or refer you to people who can.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, desolace1 said:

What the hell is wrong with this game? Im back after 1-2 years (playing since EA start) and I can't even survive with any character (made like 30 or more, playing whole day). Im dying of fking rain and starvation because 5min in rain and im hypothermia wtf? Really? Loot is total shit, can't find food anywhere, especially when it rains so i can't even move around. If i make a fireplace i have to camp there forever because it ends in 2min ofc. Why the hell a fresh spawn player has to be hungry at the start? The weather is horrible too, there is no sun in the game anymore or what? Huge wind and rain all the time.. Sorry but for me this game was better in 2013 than now, i could at least play it somehow. Maybe if you find all the stuff and gear up but seriously, as fresh spawn you start in fking forest and you are already hungry + damp cus of rain. You have no weapon if you find a village you have to clear zombie and search for items but 90% buildings are empty or have useles crap. This is ridiculous.

@emuthreat has the best reply in this thread, but I wanted to add a couple tips:

• Always check inside of every clothing item you find.  Food and ammunition can spawn inside of clothing.
  • Check carefully around interactable cars - meaning cars that have opening doors and trunks - for loot.  Food, ammo, weapons, etc.
  • Check the inventory of zombies you kill.  Zombies can spawn tools and occasionally food or ammo.  Sometimes the inventory of a zombie can be difficult to pull up.  Check near their feet.
  • If you spawn in the rain, keep running.  Running at full sprint should keep your body temperature from falling much, if at all.  But once you are drenched, if you stop running your body temperature will fall *fast*.  In other words, don't stop running until you find a raincoat, gorka jacket, or firefighters jacket.  Stop to pick an apple or two if you must.  If you want to get a better idea for how this works, switch to Experimental and play there for a little while.  Experimental has a status window with your current body temperature (and blood and health values, as well).
  • Once you get your waterproof jacket, build a fire to dry off and get on with it.  If you don't have matches, you can activate your starter flare and light the fire with that.  You can also create a hand drill by combining a stick with dark bark cut from a tree (not the lighter-colored birch bark).
  • If you spawn on the South coast, head to Balota (town, not airfield) for guaranteed weapon spawns.  If you spawn towards to the NorthEast, make your way up (way up) to Berezhki in the corner of the map.  The reason guns are difficult to find elsewhere on the coast is because many are concentrated in these two towns.  This will gradually improve as they are still tweaking weapon spawns and the entire loot spawning system itself.

As a fresh spawn, there's an initial hump you need to get over before you can start enjoying your journey at a more comfortable pace.  Hopefully this helps you get to that point.

Edited by sanguine00

It's better to approach this game as "Oh, this is very challenging! I want to test myself and see if I can overcome this adversity". Once you become a master of this game you can then scoff at your friends who play CoD and look down your nose at them ;)

• Like 2

Take the challange...the keyword.

All games based on this, or not ?

10 hours ago, desolace1 said:

Sorry but for me this game was better in 2013 than now

image.jpg

• Like 3

Paranormal Noobivity

However, I miss those times when there were a bit more loot in the coast. Now you are forced to go inlands. And players gets scattered accross the map so much more, and there are so much less interactions as a result..

One of my good friends said, in a reggae rhythm.

Don't jump in the water, if you can't swim.

I want you!

I want you to straighten out my tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feature poor test bed, feature poor test bed!

Friendship is magic!

We feel for the OP....or should.  I've been right where he was at.  The new learning curve.  No instruction for learning.  No logic behind it...or not enough yet.  But it is much easier to survive the initial start when you find out about a few things you didn't know about before.  Don't give up.....re-invest some time into the new curve.  Apples are your friend.  Fire is good.  After that it became easier.  Still the loot is basically none existent and spawns as if a bad Google algorithm is being used, and the inventory system still throws out items without warning.  What happened to the axe......gone.   Why....don't know....Oh because the game can't tell me if I don't have a spot to put the axe in so it just drops it on the ground without warning.  Yeah just like in real life.  If I don't' have enough pockets I just throw it on the ground.  We all do that right?  Joke aside, I think they'll fix it.  It works well when you have a weapon in your hand then take a drink or use a bandage.  They just need to apply that mechanic to a few other instances where you could loose a wanted item.

All the wang flappers belittling ignorance are funny.  Noob rage.  We've all been there.  You are lying if you haven't.

20 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I'm not here to defend the gameplay, just wanted to say that there's one thing I've noticed on these forums - people like you absolutely never, ever complain about the 'unrealism' of the myriad things which are conducive to a smooth pew-pew experience.

A close combat shotgun wound treated with a freakin' stick with some T-shirt leftovers wrapped around it? What, we've all been there. 4 cans of tactical bacon chased by 25 apples? Barely what I call a dessert. It's raining cats and dogs? Just put on this thing, we call it a 'Gorka jacket' but it's more of a force field, really. Shat yourself from cholera? Take this one single pill from some random blister I found in a hospital and you'll be good as new in half an hour.

To make myself clear here - I don't call for a realistic simulator of nerve paralysis or food poisoning complications (a gunshot in a post-apoc scenario would probably almost always equal death). But I'm surprised how the 'unrealism' stick only works one way. It's true that rain is ridiculously (and excessively) deadly, but it's happening in a game where you can take out an FNX from a cooking pot from the deep of your backpack in 1 second. Where's the rant topic you started about that? Rain hampers your immersion, but freakin' hotkeys don't? Pray tell, how many hotkeys do you have assigned in real life?

Just to add to your point about rain:

Hypothermia can set in in under half an hour in real life, if the conditions are right.

Just so you (not you specifically, Kirov), hard-and-heavy rain are the right conditions

Couple that with the accelerated time Day Z has going on ....... and hypothermia setting in in under 5 minutes  doesn't phase me all that much.

I agree with you, as I do most of the time.

11 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Paranormal Noobivity

However, I miss those times when there were a bit more loot in the coast. Now you are forced to go inlands. And players gets scattered accross the map so much more, and there are so much less interactions as a result..

Well, the game isn't designed to run around for 10 mins and gear up then go pvp.  You can spawn in and find gear right away that would get you started on your merry way to the epic loot or you can spawn in and, gasp, have to try and survive for hours until you find the gear to get you on your way.  That's how the game works

Absolutely.

It used to be running around for 20-30minutes, in the mean time finding a gun and bullets for it. And then you could either protect yourself from bandits, or be a bandit. It wasn't necessary a pvp action as soon as you get ammo. There used to be so much more interactions. 

I miss old Novo map. So much fun happened there. New one does not associate with any fun for me, because nothing ever happens there. New Electro have had some fun in it, but also much less than it used to be in old Electro.

It was a real survival feeling. And zombies were much more "safe" then. With current zombies and performance DayZ would be epic. Steamcharts numbers says it all.

Now you run for 2-3hours, and then you shut down the game, or get snipped, or game crashes itself - come back later.

Or:

call your character "Adam".

Then take off all the dresses, and throw the shoes away.

Walk to an apple tree and feel like paradise.

Wait there for "Eva" and you will be 100 years old.

(When the serpent comes, then eat it without answering her !!)