Exp Update 0.62.140009

Hello guys, 

We have some new fixes for Exp branch today:

• tanning pelts is possible again
• tweaked some alert values for AIs when it comes to shot reaction
• partially fixed office building ladders killing players
• fixes to collision geometries of castle objects
• fix for trippy/colorful clouds glitch
• additional server side logs to help us diagnose reported situations in which players get kicked from servers

If you will find some new issues, report it to our feedback tracker, please.

Have a nice day(z)!

• Like 20

Hello !

for me the worst bug in the 0.62 update is the killed player that did'nt ragdoll ! I wonder if this is fixed with physics optimization that came from yesterday exp update !

and the white face glitch but I know there'snot gonna be a fix until 0.63 !

I'm gonna test player ragdol and vehicle with this exp update ! ( if I find people or/and cars )

:)

++

21 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

THANK JEEBUS now I can live out my farmer dreams

21 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

• partially fixed office building ladders killing players

cant help but feel like liriks stream had an impact on this, nevertheless a welcome fix even if its getting binned come .63

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

@Thurman Merman and @emuthreat will be thrilled to read this. :) Nice update, thank you Baty & devs!

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

-snip-

Have a nice day(z)!

Hey Baty,

It seems there is some confusion and I hope you can clear it up. The map changes mentioned to places like Staryoye and Zub, among a few others.. seem to not be present or at least the players cannot figure out what those changes are about?

Any chance you can offer some insight on what exactly those map changes were? 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Irish. said:
16 minutes ago, Irish. said:

Hey Baty,

It seems there is some confusion and I hope you can clear it up. The map changes mentioned to places like Staryoye and Zub, among a few others.. seem to not be present or at least the players cannot figure out what those changes are about?

Any chance you can offer some insight on what exactly those map changes were? 

Thank you! 

I had the chance to play experimental today morning and yesterday and checked some of the changed areas: Grishino has indeed changed. East from it there used to be a small pine forest, now it's not there anymore, there is only one big tree in the middle, the pine trees are gone. Zub has also changed: more rocks and the forest sorrounding the castle is not that dense anymore (really nice change, snipers can shot better from the castle now). Don't know what changed at Staroye, though.

Edited by Redseven
new on forums...:P
  • Like 2

Which server are u guys playing on to try to get on medium server? :)

@Lirik will be happy with that he accidently got killed last evening by the office ladder. ))

- A minor bug update for this evening test session. Well sometimes u can climb deer stances with a pistol in your hand, but other times it will automatically place it in your backpack if u have space - otherwise it will drop on the ground below it. It`s kind of random result while holding a pistol - a glock 19 to be specific.

Edited by Nebulae3

can someone else try and load the game and just sit in the main menu for a couple of mins and see what happens as my game crashes when i'm just sat in the menu. 3 times it has done it now

45 minutes ago, Irish. said:

29 minutes ago, Redseven said:

I had the chance to play experimental today morning and yesterday and checked some of the changed areas: Grishino has indeed changed. East from it there used to be a small pine forest, now it's not there anymore, there is only one big tree in the middle, the pine trees are gone. Zub has also changed: more rocks and the forest sorrounding the castle is not that dense anymore (really nice change, snipers can shot better from the castle now). Don't know what changed at Staroye, though.

I haven't had a chance to investigate for myself, but I imagined that this was more of a "small tweaks" kind of map update rather than anything significant. Thank you for confirming that @Redseven!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

I haven't had a chance to investigate for myself, but I imagined that this was more of a "small tweaks" kind of map update rather than anything significant. Thank you for confirming that @Redseven!

Finally found the answer.. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, donkennedy01 said:

can someone else try and load the game and just sit in the main menu for a couple of mins and see what happens as my game crashes when i'm just sat in the menu. 3 times it has done it now

Nobody want to try and see if there is an issue, if I don't sit in the menu and just load the game pick a server and join then it's fine, but after a min or 2 just sat in the menu the FPS drops to about 2 FPS and shortly after get a application error to do with memory. Only noticed it as I was playing, logged out, was in the main menu, went to the loo, came back and the game had crashed. Reproduced it several times now but could do with someone else checking to see if its a prob at my end or not.

2 hours ago, hemtek said:

Hello !

for me the worst bug in the 0.62 update is the killed player that did'nt ragdoll ! I wonder if this is fixed with physics optimization that came from yesterday exp update !

Snip

possible this:

Cars/animals/infected = new script

Players = legacy script

Physics maybe works only on the new side from Code.

25 minutes ago, donkennedy01 said:

Nobody want to try and see if there is an issue, if I don't sit in the menu and just load the game pick a server and join then it's fine, but after a min or 2 just sat in the menu the FPS drops to about 2 FPS and shortly after get a application error to do with memory. Only noticed it as I was playing, logged out, was in the main menu, went to the loo, came back and the game had crashed. Reproduced it several times now but could do with someone else checking to see if its a prob at my end or not.

Like server menu, or literally the main menu.. no buttons pushed?

Hey

I tried this :

I launch the game wait about 7 min in the main menu nothing wrong happens !

I launch the game, played a bitthen stayed in the main menu for about 5 min , nothing wrong happens !

I don't know ! I think you should make a ticket to the feedback tracker !

++

• Like 1

possible this:

Cars/animals/infected = new script

Players = legacy script

Physics maybe works only on the new side from Code

Chicken ragdoll does not work !

I killed myself several time in ths update, 3 time from height, 2 times from a gun with F11 and 1 time against an infected ! ragdoll worked for all this case !

I don't know if it's related to this or yesterdays update since I don't know if killing ourself make this bug happens !

I didn't try this on stable !

edit: sorry for the doucle post !

Edited by hemtek

1 hour ago, hemtek said:

!

!

!

!

!

!

o.O

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Irish. said:

Like server menu, or literally the main menu.. no buttons pushed?

Sorry for the late reply, its just in the main menu, once the game has loaded. nothing pressed whatsoever.  If i dont sit in the menu and just join a server it works fine. its strange as all was ok till this latest update.  Its defo very strange

Edited by donkennedy01

8 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

tanning pelts is possible again

Finally. Thanks so much.  The wolfies were getting restless without their favorite chew-toy running around.

• Like 3

I was just wondering....

Why wouldn't the devs just simply record the Czech countryside and build the soundscapes from those examples?

That would seem an easier and irrefutably authentic way to help create the ambient audio.

May we have one US 1PP server back, prosím?

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

s4bH0da.jpg

Short, late night session.

The nights are looking better and better. I definitely sense an improvement in the ambient sounds as well.

I think I keep hearing what sounds like a distant train fairly frequently in my left ear, which is weird and was sort of tripping me out.

I played really conservative, stealthy like. Entered a small northern town and decided to do some infected hunting with a suppressed Makarov.

I thought I noticed an improvement to infected hit detection somehow. When I was able to kill one that got a little too close, I seemed to successfully cancel the full effect of the hit, taking a tiny partial hit, which is something I never thought I saw before. Usually, you just get a full hit no matter what.... I dunno, it's a hard thing to verify in a short play through.

I'm looking forward to all new combat for everything though.

May we please have left handed characters as an option? :P

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

Liking the color changes so far.  

Was getting a slight stutter early on which went away after a few minutes.  

Couldnt tell for certain but it seemed like it might be related to changes in wind direction.   

Will I'll continue to look for a pattern when I can find time to hop on.

• Like 1

My story of the night on Exp, 

For problems : 

- FPS drop with this latest update, strange.

- zombies with vehicules,

- light of vehicule on few model of tree, 

- detail of objects,

- crash

For annoying thing to me : 

- sound of breath that is so high, the sound of environment is nice and we can't listen it properly with the breath of the character. I hope a tweak about it or an option to reduce sound. problems of objects who don't want answer, collision with lader, detail with vehicule when we are far from it, grass on the ground of the vehicule when we are in the 1st view. 

The little story : 

I spawn in the south of Chernarus : 

IHhR3JT.jpg

I find a car on the Balota / AirStrip Airport.

I meet my loving zombies 

7zH4ebM.jpg

The game crash, i restart it and find my vehicule 

Kq3IKgq.jpg

In Zelenogorsk, i find the first Container Dock of my life : 

xPDwq0c.jpg

I take again my car to go to the new gate and the game crash again, one of my tire is dead and i don't have the option to get in the vehicule

psfGpi2.jpg

Nevertheless, i feel good with this great landscape :

7uxcbAl.jpg

In the forest i listen wolfs and i running as Usain Bolt :

9usP81x.jpg

I find a little area that i like especially : 

3yKtcRD.jpg

I'm alone, i mount the mountain alone, i live alone, i will die alone : 

hMG8SUz.jpg

I find my get : 

Lu2soqN.jpg

After this travel, it's time to swimming, i have put my equipment in this little house on the right of the gate, if player find it :) contact me.

43RpoaD.jpg

NMPTWLO.jpg

It's cold but it's a pleasure, alone in the paradise of the death

IPqNkXt.jpg

After relax arround the gate and no sign of life, i find a petrol can for suicide 

m8xJPSF.jpg

And ... no effect on my character, damned ... I try to jump in water and my character don't wan't died, it's really a great swimmer, and survivor. I try to jump where there is no water and it's not possible.

I return to the little house to gate a knife. 

C7APEee.jpg

And ...

AirvXmf.jpg

rnWviYl.jpg

Full album of the story : 

Edited by HRF.DAYZ
  • Like 1