green_mtn_grandbob

how many people do PVE and never try to kill

I use the bow for infected, and a longhorn to shot cows and deer. I will only shot back if fired upon. How many of you play that way?

• Like 4

ditto.  if I'm fired at I don't even shoot back, I just book it.  nine times out of ten I get away and that's good enough.

Ive even killed cows with a bow (no, not in one shot), but my weapon of choice lately is a sawed-off because it makes such nice short work of wolves (now my choice source of hides).

• Like 1

Depends on who I'm with. Some friends I'll go out of my way to rob someone, other pals we avoid contact/fights as much as possible.

Yup, I try to keep it PVE only.

Same here. Sometimes I pulled the trigger at the NWAF, but usually I tend to try be immersed in the world and taking a life just like that would amount to 'murder'. My toon sees no reason to kill. Back when the SVD came in, I found it and had quite a number of fellas in my crosshairs, only to let them go and go after animals instead.

These days, I look for good places for barrels in this changed environment and hunt animals with a bow.

But I must say I'm really surprised, no bandits in the bandit thread and here there's a number of us. I thought I'm the only wuss in this game.

• Like 1

I got into online gaming because of watching dayz standalone, The people i watched met up with other people and went on an adventure together. Sure some were taking out real life frustrations on other people in game. But i thought that there were people in game that would interact with other people, and help take on the dangers of the game together. I think as the game develops, more will come to need each other to take on the dangers of the game, or at least know that some of the people will not  kill them on sight.  

Remember that in real life some people do get along together. LOL

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
  • Like 3

I gladly shoot/fight back when I'm attacked, even when I'm out for blood I hesitate attacking people first

That's how it is in real life.  Unless you are a barbarian and have no concern for others.  Without the fear of death or some form of punishment as in real life KOS in a game will always be a thing.  It's a mentality that shows the true nature of the player and nothing more.  Your own moral values let you determine who you are, and that is your choice.  Which is the reason for the SA offline mode they promised.  Avoid the unreality of the barbarians.  Generally they would only last about a week and would be dead and never have to deal with again, but the game allows them to continue.   If the game had a dead list where anyone you killed you would never have to see again....that would be great.

4 minutes ago, BIIdiots said:

That's how it is in real life.

Avoid the unreality of the barbarians.  

If the game had a dead list where anyone you killed you would never have to see again....that would be great.

Wut.