Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139977

Hello Survivors from Experimental servers,

We have lot of fixes, tweaks and changes today! 

What is new on Experimental branch:

• Further input fixes.
  • Changed look/functionality of server browser to differentiate between official and community servers.
  • Queue time screen should work properly again.
  • Further engine/physics optimizations in order to improve server performance.
  • Tweaks for vehicle physics.
  • Fix for one of the most common server crashes related to server storage.
  • Map updates (Kamensk, Grishino, Solnichniy, Three valleys, Msta, Staroye, Guglovo, Zub castle).
  • Ground, road texture tweaks.
  • Tweaked effect of wind on some vegetation.
  • Fixes for ghillie shaders.
  • Tweaks for breath particle effects.
  • Tweaked bird audio.
  • Clutter texture and configuration fixes.

Pq1zdHR.jpg

bjSdiUz.jpg

More pictures here: https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-13-june-2017#/title7

And we need your feedback guys now. :)

Thank you and have a nice Wednesday!

• Like 23

26 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:
  • Tweaked bird audio.

Is this what i think it is?! :D

Baty please pretty please ask internally about the state of the fix of the not working TrackIR support in the current exp and stable branches. I used TrackIR for two straight years now it is hard as well to go back to mouse-look. Thank you.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, moeb1us said:

Baty please pretty please ask internally about the state of the fix of the not working TrackIR support in the current exp and stable branches. I used TrackIR for two straight years now it is hard as well to go back to mouse-look. Thank you.

1st world problems... ^ 

:P

• Like 4

810 MB omg omg omg. Downloading now. :)

@Baty Alquawen I think you pushed it too early, the door bug (which caused the delay for .62 on exp) is back. I can't use doors, all look closed to me but I can walk through some of them. Interaction is not possible (5 min into the game)

EDIT: got fixed, see comment below from me

Edited by Havrin
fixed

8 minutes ago, Havrin said:

@Baty Alquawen I think you pushed it too early, the door bug (which caused the delay for .62 on exp) is back. I can't use doors, all look closed to me but I can walk through some of them. Interaction is not possible (5 min into the game)

Can confirm, there was just a server reset and now the doors are all borked out. :(

Every new build is just like Christmas morning, all over again!

• Like 4

I really love that we at last got rid of those fluorescent plants in the woods. It feels way more realistical now! Cheer guys! :D

• Like 3

Yeah, we got in early before the patch was actually finished.. my first one was only 16.5mb.. now its almost 1g downloading. 

Im guessing doors will work fine now. :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Irish. said:

Yeah, we got in early before the patch was actually finished.. my first one was only 16.5mb.. now its almost 1g downloading. 

Im guessing doors will work fine now. :P

Yep you are right! Got a small patch and could join the server, doors were not working. Now the server restarted again and I got a big patch. Now the doors work as expected. Sorry for the hustle! Going to test the shit out of this patch :D

• Like 2

Love the new colours. Night time birds still too chirpy for my taste. Birds sleep too?

All on 32bit client:

Frames are better, ambient noise seems slightly adjusted and perhaps better.

The bus drove perfectly, two different times before I got it stuck on a log in the middle of the road.

Then the game crashed, while walking down the street.. after playing for almost 20 mins.

:(

Then I found they fixed the doorway for the red houses, that was nice.

I found a sedan, it drove like hell in the grass in 2nd gear, got all wonky after 10 seconds and my game crashed. 

The normal debug box in the top right is not present in this experimental build. 

There seems to be some serious issues with this build, FYI devs.. things seem far worse for me, as far as stability goes. 

Edited by Irish.
32 bit addition
  • Like 2

Wow ok 40 Minutes into this patch and I am amazed.

Here some feedback:

- sounds are great,  everything (except the wind) seems positioned to me now. It is not too loud and realistic. I like the birds as they are now :)
- perfomance is great, doors, loot, zombies (loot in zombies) is fast. Well the server was probably not full and fresh restarted, but still
- i love the colors. As shown in the pics, I thought before that the grass is too bright. The contrast between grass and trees was to high imo. But now it's good

some cons:
- still the sound of the zombie is not synced with their position. sometimes it's behind them. Geez from the Feedbacktracker said, it's due server perfomance, so this patch did not solve it.
- wind sometimes sounds to me, like it's not properly loaded or not in a high quality. Like I was watching a 240p youtube video :D

One annoying bug is still in place. Objects are rendered in full quality really late or never. Hope this gets fixed soon.

BONUS:

Got the chance to drive a sedan for a while. Here are 4 Minutes of insane driving skills, inc. zombie roadkill! Vehicles are great, even after stepping out of the car, no fps drops.

• Like 9

New colours at night. Damn how far have we come from that "everything is grey at night".

isRUMlh.jpg

qfNCDAL.jpg

XN3AUW7.jpg

you are walking through red forest...

2jk9gy4.jpg

• Like 11

Dude that zombie flipped end over end over the top of the vehicle Joe Black style, thats awesome.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SirNewMan said:

What changed in Chernarus? :)

It got too dark for me to tell. :(

I was in Staryoye and did not notice any difference on the military and Northern side, but again it was really dark and I couldnt see much.

2 hours ago, Havrin said:

Wow ok 40 Minutes into this patch and I am amazed.

Here some feedback:

- sounds are great,  everything (except the wind) seems positioned to me now. It is not too loud and realistic. I like the birds as they are now :)
- perfomance is great, doors, loot, zombies (loot in zombies) is fast. Well the server was probably not full and fresh restarted, but still
- i love the colors. As shown in the pics, I thought before that the grass is too bright. The contrast between grass and trees was to high imo. But now it's good

some cons:
- still the sound of the zombie is not synced with their position. sometimes it's behind them. Geez from the Feedbacktracker said, it's due server perfomance, so this patch did not solve it.
- wind sometimes sounds to me, like it's not properly loaded or not in a high quality. Like I was watching a 240p youtube video :D

One annoying bug is still in place. Objects are rendered in full quality really late or never. Hope this gets fixed soon.

BONUS:

Got the chance to drive a sedan for a while. Here are 4 Minutes of insane driving skills, inc. zombie roadkill! Vehicles are great, even after stepping out of the car, no fps drops.

How come you have the debug monitor? It's been off for the past 2 patches on experimental??

o_0

30 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

How come you have the debug monitor? It's been off for the past 2 patches on experimental??

o_0

It's back since this patch! :) At least for me

Edited by Havrin
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Havrin said:

It's back since this patch! :) At least for me

It's not back for me so something's odd that it's only back for you.

• Like 1

Just took this shot on experimental.

Southcentral

Novaya Petrovka train station

D7818AC186007D7B13DB9AB800ADF0C3C6CBFE31

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

It's not back for me so something's odd that it's only back for you.

Oh wow really? Well I got a previous patch before the big one today were I couldn't open any doors (see my first comment on this thread). after a few minutes, the server restarted and I downloaded the correct patch. With that I got the console back. Dunno what happend tbh.