Sign in to follow this  
plasma (DayZ)

last server played

Since the patch, my dayz profile file is no longer showing the last server I was on..  Was this feature removed or moved?

Mine shows it. Are you are checking your .062 file? (username.DayZProfile.062)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Mine shows it. Are you are checking your .062 file? (username.DayZProfile.062)

It's been moved slightly. Before it was just in the 'yourname' file.

• Like 1

Having to open a file outside the game to view your last visited server is not a feature.  The feature would be allowing you to view it ingame with out the hassle.  Please raise your expectations a little further.  The world will love taking advantage of you if you don't. 

Think hitting "Play" at the main menu takes you to the last server......but the devs don't want you to know which one that was for some reason.  Like how many players are actually on the server.  So much has been done to eliminate needed info in order to force gameplay it is slowly becoming like a console ported title.  You can't fool old PC gamers.  We do know the difference, or should.  Of course if you came from the consoles you probably don't know much about the difference anyhoot.  Toddlers/young naïve types play the consoles, where these tactics tend to fly over their heads. 

1 hour ago, BIIdiots said:

Having to open a file outside the game to view your last visited server is not a feature.  The feature would be allowing you to view it ingame with out the hassle.  Please raise your expectations a little further.  The world will love taking advantage of you if you don't. 

Think hitting "Play" at the main menu takes you to the last server......but the devs don't want you to know which one that was for some reason.  Like how many players are actually on the server.  So much has been done to eliminate needed info in order to force gameplay it is slowly becoming like a console ported title.  You can't fool old PC gamers.  We do know the difference, or should.  Of course if you came from the consoles you probably don't know much about the difference anyhoot.  Toddlers/young naïve types play the consoles, where these tactics tend to fly over their heads. 

Have you ever bothered to use the server filters?  There is a "previously played" option you can check off that will show you a list of all your previous servers you've been on.  Hell, you can even favorite them!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BIIdiots said:

This is starting to look like a troll account.

Anyone with the interest and access to post on these forums more than once a day on average over the past couple weeks, should know that this game is in early access.  If you have been following the status reports recently, it is apparent that the next patch is the big move into beta.
With that, comes the first implementation of the final systems of the intended game mechanics.  Much of the stuff that hasn't been fixed at this point will be addressed once the fixes will actually stick.  From what I've read, it appears that there is a sizable backlog of completed features awaiting .63.

Addressing your disdain for the moving of a file that had always had to be manually accessed: it is perhaps a bit myopic, in that the moving of said file was not likely done unnecessarily and arbitrarily; more likely that it was done in preparation for further changes to the server browser.

It is well-known that the ability to see the exact server population was removed in the last year.  We can only speculate on the reason for that.  It still lets you distinguish low, med, high, and full populated servers
My guess is that they wanted to discourage the current meta of always joining the "most full" full server for fast action, instead suggesting that players try actually playing the game and testing out the mechanics as they are introduced and adjusted.
Given my own experience, I can only imagine how many hours were wasted spamming to get back into the server your friends were on.  Spreading out the population a bit more, is not necessarily a bad thing.

If 40/60 is unacceptable, but 55/60 is okay, I'm not sure that anybody should care what you want out of this game.

• Like 2

@emuthreat At each post I read first the forum name of the poster. This gives me the decision whether I should read further.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oldfossil said:

At the moment I can't find any private server using the game browser...

Have you checked the Community Tab in the server browser?

• Like 1