Sign in to follow this  
Icy1983

Little True Story

To be honnest its not my first expirience but one that let me change the way i see DayZ.

It happend 3 Days ago. I got shot on the Airfield with my 3 Squadmates from Players that logged in on top of the Controltower and on top of the Firestation. They saw us before we saw them and they killed us instant. But hey thats not the bad thing :D we had a lot of fun in the Control tower and made a party with "Eye of the Tiger" and "Last Man standing" wonderful evryone should try it out to play music in the middle of the Airfield! Muahahaha

After that i respawned in Electro and here comes this little true expirence that let me change my sight on DayZ in a bad way. I startet on the Electro Docks and found quickly rope and burlab to build my first backpack "COOL" got shoes and stone knife and wanted to return to the Airfield. After 2 Minutes of running throw Electro i found 2 other players, one equiped with a Axe and the other one with a Scorpion. I put up my hand to greet them and say "Hello Guys, I am friendly, how are you" I thought we could have fun but in fact the same thing happend that bothers me since 2014 now... The Axe Man came towards me and called "Friendly Friendly Friendly" And hittet me with the Axe straight on my head faster then i could drop down my hand and run away. 4-5 Minutes of gameplay with a new life and then it ends. To be honnest i am sick of Kill On Sight players, in fact i am sick of the most other players in this game...

I got very very angry, respawned in Kamishovo, took a few apples and ran back to electro, on the way i found a Trumped with 22 rounds and scope, 1 Makarov and 2 magazines with ammo. i hunted this 2 rats until Cherno, and could snipe the scorpion player from the sniperhill between cherno and electro with the trumped (i am impressed realy, cause i never realy used a trumped) and followed the Axe man into Cherno City. Before i could get him out of his stinky little double red hole he logged out with the words "HA HA Fuc. you Bitc." .......................

I hope Bohemia will tell me someday after Post over Post in Steam i did that they will build good PvE Content i can play so i dont have to PvP evry time. PvE Content that makes this game interesting again, Content easy and hard that is worth playing with my clan. And when i want to do PvP then i go on a PvP server. Yeah that would be awesome, cause you know i bought the game in 2014 and i was told from the information that its a survival game, but in fact as it is today the only thing DayZ is a PvP Blood festival full of betraying people, some combatlogging people, some ghosting people if you play on public as i do, and Bamibs that see you with gear no matter how much they start punching you. If so you have to kill them, if not you get unconsicous and loose your little bit of gear... And i cannot even get mad about them cause a Bambi knows its him or you, a geared enemy knows its you or him, evryone knows its you or him if it is not a clan member. And this sucks, i dont want this anymore i want something else to do in this game... and i simply cannot cause their is no content, and the players that are there dont allow to play other ways.

When i die in DayZ its this:

1/100 dieing from zombies :D

1/100 dieing from thirsty and not getting water fast enough :D but we have apples wohoo!

1/100 selfkilling/get killed from buggy cars

10/100 from betraying players that say they are friendly and kill you as soon as they see a chance to do it and loot you (yeah here and there i realy try to speak with them before i shoot)

86/100 KOS Kill on sight

Thank you... If i would not love DayZ so much for what it can be/could be/the potential it has i would throw it back into your studio! :D

Mfg Icy

Edited by Icy1983
  • Like 1

I bandaged someone and got their friends axe in the back of my head.  
Then there are people who just say hello and disappear but it is as you say, essentially a deathmatch, a survival game. DayZ just has additional considerations and many ways to play.
It is DayZ, the fear is real and part of the game, some would say  the best part. Solo I find can be pretty harsh, at the very least 4 eyes are better than two.

• Like 1

The great thing is that there are no artificial rules enforced and no obvious punishment. Trusting anyone is very difficult, but when it works out it is very rewarding.

There was a scenario where the people you met may not have shot you. There was a moment in time that they had to make a decision. Maybe if your approach was different, maybe if you'd said something that could have influenced there decision, always open with a joke ;-)  

How you interact with other players is a complex decision where you are having to process a lot of information, that is one of the things that make DayZ so engaging. Because you are meeting different people there is no universal tactic that will always work, the "friendly wiggle" is a lie...

I play nomad. The fuller the server, the better though I prefer 1PP servers which there are fewer. :(  Generally I avoid contact with other players though I do have a bit of fun stalking groups when I'm not busy hunting /w bow. Watching groups of Gillies running up a tree-line between Stary and the Northern bases is a bit of a rush.

It makes the trips into town for water/supplies (fertilizer, leather sewing kits, nails, etc.) a lot more suspenseful. Anyone I come across is a bigger potential threat than anything else, but not necessarily. Since I don't carry a rifle most of my encounters are friendly and I always carry a spare waterskin & food which generally is accepted well.  That said I find people on 1PP servers are usually more approachable than 3PP public servers as it's a lot harder to stay hidden and ambush. (I.e. know someone's not looking your direction before popping out to take advantage.)

My goal is a full set of leather gear from deer using just the bow. From there it will be trying my hand at hunting wolves though I expect that will need to involve a hunting stand/shed or doorway. Not too eager for that challenge yet as I've been mauled a few times even with firearms. :D