Sqeezorz

Graves for our dearest.

I dream of the immense challenge of DayZ in the final stage ... Vanilla..an the coast relatively simple .. the north-west the hell on earth. We will lose many friends and cruel deaths. No, not by KoS, by the hostile world. Since I wish that these friends not simply into a 1.5m deep pit throws, and the hungry worms and maggots leaves. It would be a gesture to make the pit a real tomb (crafting) with a wooden cross made of sticks or a tomb stone from a stone. This tomb would be like a worldcontainer with 1-3 slots where we could give the dead his love gift. A note, a rag, a BrianTeddy or just an apple. This tomb would then have a persistence period of perhaps 10-15 days and should be limited to the server to max 100-150 "graves" ... according to the principle: first in, last out

Aditional: 

A grave with a cross or stone would have a few indigenous wild flowers on the earth hill.

-Amen-

Edit: It would write stories when you find a grave .... and if you loot it make the friends of the dead do not see this ... otherwise 2 graves will be there ^ ^.

Yuki.png

R.I.P. Yuki

Edited by Sqeezorz
picture
  • Like 3

Just make a garden plot under your dead friend, he'll be buried at least ten centimeters!

I really like the idea of burying people, dead or alive :P

Really nice idea for RP servers! I would love it! especially in your claimed base, where it will last alot longer then 10 or 15 DayZ.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

Really nice idea for RP servers! I would love it! especially in your claimed base, where it will last alot longer then 10 or 15 DayZ.

Not only for RP servers... i think for all Vanilla can this surprising.

• Like 2

It would be nifty if our corpses stuck around for a hot minute, or went to "grave marker" status (where the corpse turns to a grave marker with your character name after a while, indicating it's the last chance to get loot off the corpse), and you've still got a little bit of a chance at recovering something from your corpse... The way it is now ensures you will NEVER get back to your corpse in time to pick up anything. Anything the fuckbag didn't steal will be lost to the ages... At least give us like half an hour... I can usually get a character fed and watered and across the map in a hurry in about a half an hour...

No please not a "Life is Feudal" feature.

The Death is the End from Life, and this are the end from your "avatar".

It would make the life so not more valuable ..... or in a Mod, ok ..... but not in the real DayZ

So how about the graves now, in 6 years after the topic was started? 🙂

I suddenly came up with the idea and found this topic.

I think this mechanic could enrich gameplay. Here are some initial thoughts that came to my mind just now:

1. Adding graves would enhance the game's realism, aligning with its focus on survival and consequences.
  2. Graves could add a new layer of emotional depth. And the act of burying a fallen comrade could introduce new cooperative gameplay experinces.
  3. Graves could be used as storage (even without a player inside).
  4. Searching graves — a new form of scavenging.
  5. Graves can serve as landmarks, aiding in navigation and creating focal points for player interactions.
  6. Players could use graves to set traps, adding an element of strategy and tension.
  7. Could be crafted with wooden cross or a tomb stone, as the topic starter suggested.
  8. Nice addition for the yearly Halloween events

Not sure about the game engine capabilities, but it also would be nice if:

• Graves could become spots for leaving message (a limited message on a cross or a tomb stone), also requiring a tool to be "crafted".
  • When you dig a grave, you'd descend into a hole below ground level, not much, just about 0.5 meters deep. But the fact of watching a player standing knee-deep in a grave with a shovel in the rain at night could make an astonishing picture.

10 hours ago, Aleksei Pankov said:

So how about the graves now, in 6 years after the topic was started? 🙂

I suddenly came up with the idea and found this topic.

I think this mechanic could enrich gameplay. Here are some initial thoughts that came to my mind just now:

1. Adding graves would enhance the game's realism, aligning with its focus on survival and consequences.
  2. Graves could add a new layer of emotional depth. And the act of burying a fallen comrade could introduce new cooperative gameplay experinces.
  3. Graves could be used as storage (even without a player inside).
  4. Searching graves — a new form of scavenging.
  5. Graves can serve as landmarks, aiding in navigation and creating focal points for player interactions.
  6. Players could use graves to set traps, adding an element of strategy and tension.
  7. Could be crafted with wooden cross or a tomb stone, as the topic starter suggested.
  8. Nice addition for the yearly Halloween events

Not sure about the game engine capabilities, but it also would be nice if:

• Graves could become spots for leaving message (a limited message on a cross or a tomb stone), also requiring a tool to be "crafted".
  • When you dig a grave, you'd descend into a hole below ground level, not much, just about 0.5 meters deep. But the fact of watching a player standing knee-deep in a grave with a shovel in the rain at night could make an astonishing picture.

There is a gravestone mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2395118966

No, thanks, I'm talking about Vanilla DayZ. Typically, the mods are poorly done by amateurs (including the suggested gravestone mod). And I trust Bohemia Interactive developers, because know that they can create an authentic experience without ruining the concept of the game.

P.S. It's not about simply having a grave in the game. I won't be satified simply by the fact that there are graves in the game. It's about the new experience. The grave mechanics must blend with the environment and gameplay.

9 hours ago, Aleksei Pankov said:

No, thanks, I'm talking about Vanilla DayZ. Typically, the mods are poorly done by amateurs (including the suggested gravestone mod). And I trust Bohemia Interactive developers, because know that they can create an authentic experience without ruining the concept of the game.

P.S. It's not about simply having a grave in the game. I won't be satified simply by the fact that there are graves in the game. It's about the new experience. The grave mechanics must blend with the environment and gameplay.

Honestly an interesting idea.

How do you think if we are ask Kyiara about that? It might be she will ask about that feature from devs and then we'll able to get info shall or should not we expect that feature in next patches.

But I think that we might met a problem. Because corpse should stand on the map and it would be able to loot but at the same time we had the lifetime of corpse for 10 minutes or something and it should be extended to half hour or even hours for creating the grave and etc. I think idea is good but idk how to implement it (from logical and balance parts of the game).

Edited by Sid Debian

And who is Kiara? Someone from the dev. team?

For me the grave concept is a mixture of a few existing mechanics, so nothing extra new:

1. lootable dead player which stays on map for some time
  2. digging grave can be done with the same set of tools used for bulding lots
  3. burring body itself is not necessarily required, it may simply disappear at the moment when its done, leaving only the loot in the grave, and maybe some symbolic remains like bones or skull
  4. access to the closed and opened grave's loot is like access to the loot inside opened or closed barrel
  5. the loot in the grave may be stored for the same amount of time as it's for a burried crate now

New craftable items: a cross and a tomb stone, don't require much effort, I guess... Because as I understand, techically it's just a certain "crafting formula" which is available in the game, but with different variables. It's more a question of game design and overall balance, rather than code complexity.

The new mechanic, which may drastically change the gameplay may be ability to leave messages. That one needs more research, I think. But maybe devs already had this concept in mind and even tested it, and declined by some reason.

Edited by Aleksei Pankov

1 hour ago, Aleksei Pankov said:

And who is Kiara? Someone from the dev. team?

For me the grave concept is a mixture of a few existing mechanics, so nothing extra new:

1. lootable dead player which stays on map for some time
  2. digging grave can be done with the same set of tools used for bulding lots
  3. burring body itself is not necessarily required, it may simply disappear at the moment when its done, leaving only the loot in the grave, and maybe some symbolic remains like bones or skull
  4. access to the closed and opened grave's loot is like access to the loot inside opened or closed barrel
  5. the loot in the grave may be stored for the same amount of time as it's for a burried crate now

New craftable items: a cross and a tomb stone, don't require much effort, I guess... Because as I understand, techically it's just a certain "crafting formula" which is available in the game, but with different variables. It's more a question of game design and overall balance, rather than code complexity.

The new mechanic, which may drastically change the gameplay may be ability to leave messages. That one needs more research, I think. But maybe devs already had this concept in mind and even tested it, and declined by some reason.

https://forums.dayz.com/profile/262198-kyiara/ 

She's posting an information about updates and etc.

And if you wish to get answer - please use quotes at least those one whom you are quoting will get a notification... 🙂