lVlyles

FULL GEAR - ZOMBIE 1 HIT = Dead

I'm hydrated and energized, and some zombie one shots me, I don't know how common this but this has happened to me atleast 3 times, I wasn't grey or anything.... please fix this bug cos its bare annoying and theres no point gearing up if I'm just gonna die in one hit from a zombie behind me...

It will get fixed soon, hopefully. Watch out for kneeling around them and exposing yourself to headshots. Wear helmets, and vests with items in them for damage protection, and use tons of splints to repair your bones. Constant zed hits, even if you return to healthy, without repairing your bone status opens you up to one hits by just about anything.

I think this is actually an older build, or parts of it are, because I distinctly remember most of the current bugs and issues being present in, I want to say maybe .60 or around there? The cars, the leather, the server crashing, the zed issue you mentioned, and a few others were all present on an older build, and I can see where they may have needed to build .62 onto an old build due to the time it took to get it finished. If that is the case, it should be a fairly simple task of plugging in their fixes for those bugs that made it to older stable builds, QA'ing them and then releasing to experimental. Then again, they may incur issues with that and simply skip fixing them for now, so that .63 can be pushed out. 

Edited by Irish.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Irish. said:

It will get fixed soon, hopefully. Watch out for kneeling around them and exposing yourself to headshots. Wear helmets, and vests with items in them for damage protection, and use tons of splints to repair your bones. Constant zed hits, even if you return to healthy, without repairing your bone status opens you up to one hits by just about anything.

I heard somewhere that the bone status is a myth, perpetuated by WOBO who made this when analysing the game files? So is the bone status in or not?

I can't say my experience can confirm its existence. My toons tend to live long and take huge numbers of hits from the zeds and I see no signs of gradual 'wearing down'.

30 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

So is the bone status in or not?

Yes.

Just because you have color on your screen doesn't mean your base health is fine. 

Stop running around and ignoring zombies constantly hitting you otherwise over time they will wear down your health stat. 
Which is different to your blood levels (Which control what level of color you see). 

• Like 1

On 13.6.2017 at 7:00 PM, lVlyles said:

I'm hydrated and energized, and some zombie one shots me, I don't know how common this but this has happened to me atleast 3 times, I wasn't grey or anything.... please fix this bug cos its bare annoying and theres no point gearing up if I'm just gonna die in one hit from a zombie behind me...

Dont think thats a bug if a zombie one punched u from behind.

Also saying there is no point in gearing up if zombies can one punch u is...strange to say the least.

Get a gun with a silencer, raid towns like a pro.

Edited by svisketyggeren

On 13.6.2017 at 8:58 PM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I heard somewhere that the bone status is a myth, perpetuated by WOBO who made this when analysing the game files? So is the bone status in or not?

I can't say my experience can confirm its existence. My toons tend to live long and take huge numbers of hits from the zeds and I see no signs of gradual 'wearing down'.

Its all that calcium from the powdered milk bags makes ur bones strong. OP probaly drank to much Pipsi and got osteoporosis.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, svisketyggeren said:

Its all that calcium from the powdered milk bags makes ur bones strong. OP probaly drank to much Pipsi and got osteoporosis.

....hmm...hmmmppfffff

• Like 2

On 6/13/2017 at 10:00 AM, lVlyles said:

please fix this bug cos its bare annoying and theres no point gearing up if I'm just gonna die in one hit from a zombie behind me...

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 11:58 AM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Please refer to the first, and second, rules of bone health.

Was a fresh spawn and got one shot from a zed while adjusting inventory.  Never even heard it approach.  Thought it was another player, but after a few seconds at the death screen I finally heard zed breath.  Sometimes they get lucky.  What annoys me more is their hits never match their attacks.  As if fighting a ghost that is about 5 feet in front of the zed.  You get hit before they get close.

Any time I have a companion (or myself) cry out in pain in an attack or log in - I repeat to them "don't forget - you have bone damage - splint every 20 minutes for the next hour"  Those that have followed my advice - don't get one shotted or cry out in pain during log-in.  It might be overkill with the splinting but, hey you can't be too cautious and it eliminates the possibility of death by bone damage.