Asmondian

BETA - UI Concept

vXTQwqb.png

9FF.png

Hi again ladies and gents!!

In this opportunity I will leave you a UI concept (inventory) for Dayz 0.63 (AKA Beta) that I was doing and discussing with another member of this community.

Bearing in mind that it has already been commented that BETA would probably includes a new interface (as read in lasts SR), I decided to leave this idea for the community feedback.

I hope you find it interesting, as far as I'm concerned, I had a lot of fun testing and doing it.

Any questions or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

9FF.png

WHAT DOES THIS UI AIM FOR?

1) Preserve the current inventory system

2) Encourage and protect immersion

3) Easy to use / intuitive

4) Minimalism

///////  UI WHILE PLAYING (STAMINA + NOICE + STATUS)  ///////

woxA8bE.jpg

On the left side of the screen you have the stamina bar and the noise you make. On the right side, the identifying icons (from left to right) of: blood level, hunger, thirst, body moisture, body temperature and bone damage. The brighter the icon, the greater the need to pay attention to the indicator. In this example, my character is thirsty and he has lost a good amount of blood. This system allows a screen clean enough and with clear indicators.

///////  UI + QUICK ACTION BAR ON ///////

396WXxu.jpg

Here we simply see that the quick action bar has been activated

///////  FULL INVENTORY UI ///////

rfIAIWr.jpg

> In this third image we can see the complete inventory system. It does not vary much to the present one but it has slight aesthetic changes. In addition, we can see modifications in terms of the attachments, the distribution of the UI and quickbar and the way items are represented in vicinity.

> We also see how the previous status indicators disappear, giving place to a few more precise and detailed ones to the right of our character. Both, these and the preview of our character, can be deactivated by clicking on the small square below them, to allow us to see what is happening in the background.

> Speaking of the background, you may notice that the blur is slightly less than the current one. This for me is extremely important since it allows to never to detach from the reality that our character is living. In this case, we can follow the movements of our partner sitting by the fire.

> There are many other peculiarities but I do not want to expose them all i don`t bore you guys.

9FF.png

FRESH SPAWN EXAMPLE

fRzKkoR.jpg

3S3r65v.jpg

ZTnT59V.png

9FF.png

INSIDE CAR EXAMPLE

geOkHef.jpg

lZ769xk.jpg

u76jTTP.png

Ok guys, that´s all for this post.

As I said before, any questions or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry one more time for my terrible English,

tips or corrections will be highly valued!!

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 2