The_Lonely_Bandit

How many people here do legit real banditry?

Pretty simple post, I'm curious to know how many of you that come here do actual REAL legit banditry. Now to me banditry isn't simple basic KOS. To me it is robberies, providing an interaction on a level that is not only incredibly fun but needed in DayZ. During the days of initial DayZ KOS was still a thing, but nowhere near the level it is now. Banditry was a lot more common, - interactions - were a lot more common! To me it is the role of a bandit to provide interactions. Sincerely dark but fun interactions that provide a "boogey man" or something else to fear other than the "You are dead" screen.

Essentially banditry is about interacting whether the other person wishes to or not :)

Whether you agree with me or disagree on the definition of banditry please save for another post and discussion. The purpose of this post is just to find out if any of you other survivors prefer (and actually do) rob people instead of just mindlessly killing anything and everything.

I thought about doing a poll but I would prefer to see some of your opinions as to WHY you do or do not like to rob other players.

• Like 3

The problem of mindless killing with bandits is that not everyone speaks English.

You won't be dealing with someone yelling "cyka" or "scheisse" -insert other swearings- and trying to make them put their hands up or hand over their weapons. So don't I.

@Blyatimov I disagree completely mate. Although I acknowledge that it can be difficult robbing people from other languages and cultures but I have done it many times from many different nationalities. When you have somebody tied up after knocking them out or when you are putting a gun at a player but not shooting most of the time they put their hands up (Or just run away like many other players).

Different languages definitely isn't a good enough reason to at least not TRY. In fact some of my more fun robberies came from the language barriers I had to over come. My favorite without a doubt would have to be a French guy I robbed, I was trying to get him to give me a saline as I was solo but he didn't understand for like 20 minutes :D

You should try it mate :)

you say bandit I say outlaw is same thing after 6 hour play today with my clan we find many player early game we die many time because no weapon but we recruit 2 new member slowly collect weapon use intelligent tactic and after lunch we stop to lose WE DONT LOSE NO MORE

we send first new members of clan to make contact sometimes 2 or 3 main clan stay hide SPREAD OUT weapon ready we call contact team THE BAIT SQUAD job for them is simple say hello explain situation give choice for them DROP EVERYTHING RUN AWAY FAST or DEATH

if the enemy make stupid choice like attack main clan kill them FAST NO MERCY bait squad if they die meet us in tulga base we give for them some loot and food water then repeat

we kill today 12 player 4 was accept intelligent choice drop loot run like coward and 2 join my new clan we growing now is 8 member soon is 20 then 30 when we are strong we take airfield and if you coming there we don't give choice only death keep out from base only outside from base we give choice

Edited by Rezarekshun

I was poking around Krasnoe today on DayZ Underground. It was night, I was in a house searching around and the wind was blowing. I heard footsteps and immediately someone came into the house, fully geared and looked right at me. I had my CZ  75 with a supressor aimed right at him. It startled me and I didn't know if he was tracking me so I put several shots into him and knocked him down. I felt that he was probably just as scared as I was, and felt pretty bad so I patched him up and ran out of there. Not exactly banditry but from his perspective certainly a better experience than just being killed and looted.

Edited by WOLFGEIST
  • Like 3

I am no bandit myself but would definitely prefer to be held up by a robber and have an adventure together than the more common scenario of someone shooting you unannounced in the back...

• Like 3

I don't play as a bandit mostly, I try to be a friendly guy but it is hard to do. Although I love to fuck around with fresh spawns sometimes like putting a gun in their face and pretending to shoot them and saying that they can put their hands down and I'm just fucking with them.

To be honest, I would absolutely love some more banditry in this game. And let's be clear here, I make a clear distinction between KoS and banditry. For me, KoS is NOT banditry but rather douchebagery. :)

8 hours ago, Rezarekshun said:

you say bandit I say outlaw is same thing after 6 hour play today with my clan we find many player early game we die many time because no weapon but we recruit 2 new member slowly collect weapon use intelligent tactic and after lunch we stop to lose WE DONT LOSE NO MORE

we send first new members of clan to make contact sometimes 2 or 3 main clan stay hide SPREAD OUT weapon ready we call contact team THE BAIT SQUAD job for them is simple say hello explain situation give choice for them DROP EVERYTHING RUN AWAY FAST or DEATH

if the enemy make stupid choice like attack main clan kill them FAST NO MERCY bait squad if they die meet us in tulga base we give for them some loot and food water then repeat

we kill today 12 player 4 was accept intelligent choice drop loot run like coward and 2 join my new clan we growing now is 8 member soon is 20 then 30 when we are strong we take airfield and if you coming there we don't give choice only death keep out from base only outside from base we give choice

Oh I would love me to have a go at you guys. 1 guy, 2 guys, 3 guys or 30 guys, I'll have a go at that. :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rezarekshun said:

i also never use punctuation because i think and by the way i think that others think the same is stupid and unnecessary anyway who would use such an old fashioned and overestimated way of expressing your thoughts to others we all should eventually overcome the idea that structurizing thoughts and expression helps others to understand you but maybe you think that vomiting such an unformatted kiddyshit on others is appreciated by them and also pressing an punctuation key wastes precious time that can be used to spit out more unformatted and unreadable text presenting a structurized text to others makes them think that you are not cool and we all want to be seen as cool checkers by others dont we i just add some more words here because it doesnt affect the rest of the spit out text and reading unformatted piles of letters is what all forum users like most i an very sure that you highly agree

• Like 2

Just now, IMT said:

I don't play as a bandit mostly, I try to be a friendly guy but it is hard to do. Although I love to fuck around with fresh spawns sometimes like putting a gun in their face and pretending to shoot them and saying that they can put their hands down and I'm just fucking with them.

To be honest, I would absolutely love some more banditry in this game. And let's be clear here, I make a clear distinction between KoS and banditry. For me, KoS is NOT banditry but rather douchebagery. :)

Oh I would love me to have a go at you guys. 1 guy, 2 guys, 3 guys or 30 guys, I'll have a go at that. :)

IS NO MY JOB TO MAKE EXPERIENCE FUN INTERESTING FOR OTHER PLAYER

responsibility of enjoy game is for them no me BUT I give chance for them to have fun join clan run like bitch or die like dog THEY MAKE CHOICE too many time people on steam forum saying kos is destroy dayz but kos only exist because too many player give opportunity to be killed in easy way make noise run in open field approach every player wave hand say hey but never use brain or survival instinct

is human nature always find easy way AND AVOID RISK if you see player you do not know is nice honest guy can trust or snake bastard so in nature is 2 choice to be ONE HUNDRED % SURE is not risk #1 don't make a contact #2 kill the person IT IS AGAINST NATURE AND GOOD SENSE TO SAY HI

but if you are clan with many weapon and you have new member to sacrifice you can take 3rd way send bait squad who is prepare to die and give player chance to have fun join clan, run like bitch or die like dog IS FOR HIM DECIDE we only instrument of his own fate

I do not care if you are pro player like rhinocrunch if you DO MANAGE to see cooperation clan before they seeing you and maybe kill some clan member you can not kill all but if we have 10 pair eyes scan around in true combat formation use cover weapon ready I think is over for you but do not be afraid we give choice for you too and power to enjoy dayz or cry like woman is in your hands YOU DECIDE ;D

22 minutes ago, Rezarekshun said:

but if you are clan with many weapon and you have new member to sacrifice you can take 3rd way send bait squad who is prepare to die and give player chance to have fun join clan, run like bitch or die like dog IS FOR HIM DECIDE we only instrument of his own fate

I would call this banditry since you give the player a choice and not just shoot them. :)

22 minutes ago, Rezarekshun said:

I do not care if you are pro player like rhinocrunch if you DO MANAGE to see cooperation clan before they seeing you and maybe kill some clan member you can not kill all but if we have 10 pair eyes scan around in true combat formation use cover weapon ready I think is over for you but do not be afraid we give choice for you too and power to enjoy dayz or cry like woman is in your hands YOU DECIDE ;D

Who says that I need to kill all of you, only one or two would be enough. A big group does have its downsides, the biggest one is shooting each other. I'm more of a troll when it comes to that. Kill one or two and then fuck off and let the group search themselves senseless while I'm somewhere else laughing my ass off. :) Maybe after a while when they cooled off and are feeling at ease again, I might take one or two out again, rinse and repeat. At some point they are going to shoot each other or there will be disagreements between each other which means that my mission was successful.

Even though you think you have everything covered, there will always be sneaky people like me who will ruin that good time for you.

By the way, holding a location like the airfield will be extremely hard, on a full populated server. Your group will eventually get wiped out by others.

Edited by IMT

Just now, IMT said:

I would call this banditry since you give the player a choice and not just shoot them. :)

Who says that I need to kill all of you, only one or two would be enough. A big group does have its downsides, the biggest one is shooting each other. I'm more of a troll when it comes to that. Kill one or two and then fuck off and let the group search themselves senseless while I'm somewhere else laughing my ass off. :) Maybe after a while when they cooled off and are feeling at ease again, I might take one or two out again, rinse and repeat. At some point they are going to shoot each other or there will be disagreements between each other which means that my mission was successful.

Even though you think you have everything covered, there will always be sneaky people like me who will ruin that good time for you.

By the way, holding a location like the airfield will be extremely hard, on a full populated server. Your group will eventually get wiped out by others.

i respect this system for play is true lone wolf with brain + gun = pain in asshole for clan

you can play with us any time we need good sneak player who enjoy to kill I need to check clan roster but I believe is vacancy for scout your job is take small team 2 or 3 clan member go 1 kilometre in front check the town scope for player when you find send runner back to me and I make plan for hunt scout job is VERY IMPORTANT SPECIAL ROLE for the clan because you need brain and be patient yesterday I give role to one guy I don't say name because maybe he read but he was try to be a Rambo not scout and he die very fast if you join I kick this guy to bait squad XD

24 minutes ago, Rezarekshun said:

i respect this system for play is true lone wolf with brain + gun = pain in asshole for clan

you can play with us any time we need good sneak player who enjoy to kill I need to check clan roster but I believe is vacancy for scout your job is take small team 2 or 3 clan member go 1 kilometre in front check the town scope for player when you find send runner back to me and I make plan for hunt scout job is VERY IMPORTANT SPECIAL ROLE for the clan because you need brain and be patient yesterday I give role to one guy I don't say name because maybe he read but he was try to be a Rambo not scout and he die very fast if you join I kick this guy to bait squad XD

I'm sorry but I have to decline this invitation. First of all, I don't really want to be in a clan. I play with a lot of people, I guess it's a group but not as in you need to be online monday at 9 pm in Elektro. I don't have any restrictions, I can come and go whenever I want and if I don't want to tag along on their journey I can play solo a bit. Second of all, I'm not an hardcore PvP player, I'm most certainly not bad at it but I prefer random encounters. Third, really, a scout? No thanks. If it's only one or two people why wait until the "main squad" arrives? I have taken two people on multiple times and have come out victorious in the end. I don't feel like being bait.

12 hours ago, The_Lonely_Bandit said:

When you have somebody tied up after knocking them out or when you are putting a gun at a player but not shooting most of the time they put their hands up (Or just run away like many other players).

Another good reason for the devs to implement a decent stamina and weight system, and lowering the sprint speed significantly. Also add some well needed inertia, so a guy just can't go "BAAAAM!!" 38 km/h, like a bloody race car.

When I was playing DayZ I tried to not KOS too much and interact with other players as much as possible. The problem was that since I wasn't constantly looking for PVP. I didn't get much practice shooting and getting used to the gunplay of DayZ. So when I tried to interact or rob somebody, me rocking a mosin, the chance of the target just running away was greater than me actually managing to rob the guy. 

The ridiculous running speed, lack of inertia and the non-existent stamina and weight system killed all the immersion and sense of realism for me. If DayZ had Arma 3's "physics", interaction would be a hell of a lot more common.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, IMT said:

I'm sorry but I have to decline this invitation. First of all, I don't really want to be in a clan. I play with a lot of people, I guess it's a group but not as in you need to be online monday at 9 pm in Elektro. I don't have any restrictions, I can come and go whenever I want and if I don't want to tag along on their journey I can play solo a bit. Second of all, I'm not an hardcore PvP player, I'm most certainly not bad at it but I prefer random encounters. Third, really, a scout? No thanks. If it's only one or two people why wait until the "main squad" arrives? I have taken two people on multiple times and have come out victorious in the end. I don't feel like being bait.

scout is not bait squad scout is separate unit who SCOUT FOR PLAYER they have important job but DO NOT MAKE A CONTACT if they have not choice they must defend but perfect scout never need to use gun

when scout unit find player they OBSERVE try to see how many player maybe is a clan when they are satisfy full information the top scout send runner scout to HQ where I wait in defensive position with main clan runner give to me message example 1 player in balota no weapon 100% alone or 6 player guns definite clan at airfield tents

when I have information I go to discuss with deputy clan chief what to do if is one player no gun maybe I say to runner tell top scout we send bait squad and try to recruit if is enemy clan with gun I say tell top scout wait stay hide keep eye on this players we send bait squad to you same time main clan will split into 2 death squads and take position in flanks when we have good position we send bait squad to make a contact scouts be ready to support attack and report enemy movement

so scout is not bait is opposite is eyes ears of clan and is very important to make hunt success

@WOLFGEIST No that isn't banditry but I have a high level of respect for people that interact on any level mate :) Good on you! At the end of the day survival is always the number one goal so if you gotta pull the trigger you gotta do it. No matter your playstyle in general I wouldn't feel bad about it or anything. 

Maybe next time words can come before shots but who knows? DayZ is mysterious ;)

@Vattenlarv I would love to see the system from Escape From Tarkov implemented. Its an incredibly slow movement system but it is also the most realistic I've seen in any fps. Arma to me is hardly more different than DayZ, nearly the same running speed and arma is just incredibly wonky in general. 
You should check out the movement on EFT if you haven't already!

53 minutes ago, The_Lonely_Bandit said:

Arma to me is hardly more different than DayZ, nearly the same running speed and arma is just incredibly wonky in general. 

I have tried EFT at a friends place and I have been following the development for quite some time. I am "between rigs" at the moment and won't buy another rig until DayZ SA and EFT are released. What I have seen of EFT, the movement speed is more my style.

I have played a good amount of DayZ and a hell of a lot of Arma 3. and IMO Arma 3 is light years ahead of DayZ regarding character movement and gunplay. I think I saw a comparison somewhere, and Arma 3 top speed is like 28-30 km/h while DayZ is like 38 km/h or so, which is just dumb on so many levels(I am not 100% sure about the numbers tho). I would like to slow down DayZ immensely, and have a good amount of inertia implemented, to prevent the "free runners" from dodging bullets like Neo. It even takes Usain Bolt a good 10-15 meters before he reaches top speed, and that is bloody Usain we're talking about, from a staring block. 38 km/h would mean a 100 m sprint in under 10 seconds, and you reach that top speed in like half a second in DayZ, with all the gear one wears. 

I don't know if I am the only one realizing that limiting the running speed, and make it more like EFT or something similar to that, would change the way people play this game so much it would be unrecognizable, for the better. Interactions would be unavoidable in many situations as you wouldn't be able to just sprint the hell out of there. The game would get those 5 stars on Steam within a week. Just sayin'

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vattenlarv said:

I have tried EFT at a friends place and I have been following the development for quite some time. I am "between rigs" at the moment and won't buy another rig until DayZ SA and EFT are released. What I have seen of EFT, the movement speed is more my style.

I have played a good amount of DayZ and a hell of a lot of Arma 3. and IMO Arma 3 is light years ahead of DayZ regarding character movement and gunplay. I think I saw a comparison somewhere, and Arma 3 top speed is like 28-30 km/h while DayZ is like 38 km/h or so, which is just dumb on so many levels(I am not 100% sure about the numbers tho). I would like to slow down DayZ immensely, and have a good amount of inertia implemented, to prevent the "free runners" from dodging bullets like Neo. It even takes Usain Bolt a good 10-15 meters before he reaches top speed, and that is bloody Usain we're talking about, from a staring block. 38 km/h would mean a 100 m sprint in under 10 seconds, and you reach that top speed in like half a second in DayZ, with all the gear one wears. 

I don't know if I am the only one realizing that limiting the running speed, and make it more like EFT or something similar to that, would change the way people play this game so much it would be unrecognizable, for the better. Interactions would be unavoidable in many situations as you wouldn't be able to just sprint the hell out of there. The game would get those 5 stars on Steam within a week. Just sayin'

What is EFT? not to pick on you ,But unless we know what THYATA means the post don't mean a thing.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob

40 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

What is EFT? not to pick on you ,But unless we know what THYATA means the post don't mean a thing.

Escape From Tarkov... about the best god damn thing that has happened to first person shooters since Half-Life(based on my taste in computer games, and it looks promising). And it is a first person shooter as well. None of that un-hardcore 3rd person looney tunes crap. You should check it out. Tactical thinking, strategy and precision more than "RUN FOREST; RUUUUUUN!!!". 

Edit; Moral of the story, DayZ SA is a completely different game that could reach its full potential, and be even more amazing, if they took some notes.

Edited by Vattenlarv
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Vattenlarv said:

Escape From Tarkov... about the best god damn thing that has happened to first person shooters since Half-Life(based on my taste in computer games, and it looks promising). And it is a first person shooter as well. None of that un-hardcore 3rd person looney tunes crap. You should check it out. Tactical thinking, strategy and precision more than "RUN FOREST; RUUUUUUN!!!". 

Edit; Moral of the story, DayZ SA is a completely different game that could reach its full potential, and be even more amazing, if they took some notes.

That wasn't too hard now was it , now you post is understandable  now.

I think a lot of games took notes from dayz.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob

WOW  tarkov escape look AMAZING GAME is true dayz is alpha four years? what they doing

I agree dayz is famous original idea many game copy but maybe other game taking best and improve but dayz lose best idea and slow progress I was watch old video for dayz mod version and is look like fun MAYBE MORE FUN THAN DAYZ STEAM VERSION there is tent helicopter build base more map MORE PLAYER

I like a lot dayz is first time I play game like this open world survive v other player find loot no pay for win but when I look at tarkov escape WOW graphics animation for open door put key look so smooth I hope dayz developer look at tarkov escape and try to do a similar graphic and animation when is coming this game for steam please?

4 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I think a lot of games took notes from dayz.

Absolutely, as the general idea of an open world "zombie" survival game was proven to be a hit when the DayZ mod for Arma 2 became one of the most played and popular gaming experiences ever. Of course many developers followed this example to catch a ride on the hype train.

I am not taking a dump on DayZ, trust me. I see the enormous potential of this game and its community. DayZ can become the greatest game of all time, no contest. But IMO, and this is my opinion, they need to make some serious changes to make the game much, much, much, much, much more hardcore in order for it to reach that potential.

This video explains the hardcore element, and why it is so much more captivating and exhilarating; 

Add more realistic movement, stamina and weight system, and movement speed on top of that and you can get that feeling of panic and terror when being chased by someone and you run out of breath. 

Again, my point of view. I already own the game, and will try out the finished product when released. Tho, I will only stick around if it takes a much more hardcore turn, and I do think a lot of players would get bored fast if they'd choose a more arcade-ish approach (unrealistic movement and majority of servers in 3rd person). 

Edited by Vattenlarv
  • Like 2

Absolutely do I attack other players. The majority of the time, I justify my actions based on what gear they have, if a gun is out, or if they seem too bambi. My intentions with others also changes on how they speak back to me - Sometimes that response can actually lead to friendship and they'll never know that I was there to accost and perhaps kill them xD 

I initiate most talks with people and do not KOS - Unless I'm in a terrible situation and letting someone/s survive would only threaten me. Like at a Military Base, I'm not your friend at all because there's too many variables of being killed trying to rob or talk. But anywhere else and I catch you, I'm there for either your bullets and food or to talk :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vattenlarv said:

I think I saw a comparison somewhere, and Arma 3 top speed is like 28-30 km/h while DayZ is like 38 km/h or so, which is just dumb on so many levels(I am not 100% sure about the numbers tho) [...] 38 km/h would mean a 100 m sprint in under 10 seconds

DayZ sprint speed ≈ 23.15 km/h.

Not much different from ARMA 2. 

ARMA 3 is also ca. 23 km/h for unburdened characters (compared to ~18.2 km/h for standard rifleman).

• Like 1