Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

New public character handling sucks³

With the new public character handling it is almost impossible to continue with your character when you log in after you have logged out with it. Practically each time you log in you have to start from scratch. I hope this will be fixed very soon.

• Like 1

Several solutions...

- press only the "play" button

- add to favorites

- wait for the final game where you can choose one of your characters directly

I think what you're describing is a bug that was filed already.

If you followed development instead of playing a borked test bed you might know this.

Also, server hop much?

• Like 2

They should fix it pronto. up until this week was working well, why change it after 3 years?

sometimes it seems like they just want the game to die and use the engine in another title

oh and the new update looks superb really enjoying the new patch but they should fix the hives

Edited by waffen

This "bug" shows us how meaningless the Loot-safe-server are. Well-visited servers get along well with this problem.

10 hours ago, waffen said:

They should fix it pronto. up until this week was working well, why change it after 3 years?

sometimes it seems like they just want the game to die and use the engine in another title

oh and the new update looks superb really enjoying the new patch but they should fix the hives

Because it was not "working well".

What's so bad about just going back to the server you played on before? Oh right...can't server hop for gear. 

Besides that, official servers are still all linked. Personally, I think connected hives should not be a thing at all. Having individual servers without hives would take some pressure off the already overloaded network architecture and it would get rid of all the issues that global characters bring with them.

Edited by pixel91

On 10.6.2017 at 8:57 AM, Sqeezorz said:

This "bug" shows us how meaningless the Loot-safe-server are. Well-visited servers get along well with this problem.

Oh, I didn't know that there are only 100 DayZ players worldwide so that a single server is just sufficient.

• Like 1