Sign in to follow this  
Sqeezorz

Lootzones (revese food loot)

vSdTjYK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

(Picture only to understandig the Zones)

Often you can read that on the coasts no food is to be found. Which is noticeable to me, if one in the inland (north-west) goes much more food. Which means at the beginning is simply the apple mania to the must. Hardly inland you leave food because there is too much.

Now my brainstorm..(for future)

Food reverse loot zones. This means: the higher the loot-zone, the less food is to be found. The same in the future with the appletrees and berrybushes. On the coast the deep "loot-caste" are more food-loot than in the "hight-loot zones".

The idea behind it: easier for beginners. For veterans a management of the ways .... the hunger or the lack of happiness the chase, can lead to the one from time to go back to the coast, purely because of food, or you must use the mechanik of growing food.

Maybe a funny idea, but I'm known for who knows me.

(This must only a affect on static Loot..not for animals).

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 5

I like it they having to hunt and farm up north being something one would have to do in order to not trek to get it I think opens up new avenues for different playstyles. All of sudden farmers are valuable as well as a good hunter These folks could be part of clans/groups and while the scavengers are out killing and stealin you got the folks that aren't that savvy on those way having value and something to provide to the group/clan other than a body bag or pew pew pew. As well would open up a lot more things to be valuable for traders other than weaponry don't get me wrong I love playing the guy from lord of war but sometimes you just wanna sell or trade things that are a little more safe and just more chill. Or once bases settlements get introduced you could be a farmer hook up with a good trader trade him for things you need trader loads up the URAL with the food heads to settlement to sell/trade it all the while he has to worry about bandits robbing him for food so the trader if he has the wealth can hire mercs or whomever that wants to shoot people and you have a lot of fun that could be had IMO. 

• Like 2

You know what man, no kidding, I had this EXACT same idea!! I love it! It creates a dynamic to move inland for the "good stuff" but that tension of hunger which pulls you back to survive. Makes for a very dynamic equilibrium. 

• Like 1

I also like this idea quite a bit :D 

Keep all the Apple trees in the first sliver of the Coastal area, as well as have grocery markets bursting with food -- But almost no firearms to be found! 

Second sliver gets basic guns and a little less food - (More Deer and Chickens)

Third Sliver gets decent weaponry and only huntable animals (Including Wolves)

Last Sliver has no food except Wolf Packs, but has all the insane weaponry! 

• Like 1

I also really like this idea. It would also make it more reasonable for new players to survive in the starting areas, while providing a harder survival experience for those out west.  It may even give people more incentive to farm and fish in the north west, if they choose not to travel all the way back east and deal with all the dangers that might entail.

I would also suggest medical and firefighter loot also be reversed, to provide even more of a diversity in loot spawns and rationale for higher geared players to head back to the starting cities.