Espa

Incoming Radiation Storms!!

Hey guys, just kind of random, but I thought I'd mention something already brought up a while ago - but I still think is pretty interesting!

I have two pictures, both of which were the result of a Bug, I believe?. . But it looked so freaking cool that I kind of wanted it to be real and for it to have some kind of effect.

867953F2F3D941759EA05E3BCDC037B8B655EA45

B1DBD592887204FF9C16A474C2FF9C4B76F44C7C

None of this was modified in any way and was shot from in-game presently! (Or was two days ago before a patch)

But I love the effect! If it gave Rain a radiation effect that players would have to look after, I would be so hyped! xD 

Anyway, let me know what you think! 

• Like 4

I think that's a dope idea!

But is DayZ post nuclear explosion though? It seems like it's been long past the point of nuclear residency?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dorn956 said:

I think that's a dope idea!

But is DayZ post nuclear explosion though? It seems like it's been long past the point of nuclear residency?

Actually, it seems there is some nuclear presence as Tisy is going to be made Radioactive, stated by the Devs! 

There's also going to be Radiation Showers to purge yourself as well as protective gear such as a Hazmat suit! 

This is all open to inspection on their trello! https://trello.com/b/5yzeFpo2/dayz

• Like 1

Tisy is gonna have radiation I thought it was going to be disease related like an infected area with airborne microbes. what would be radioactive inside a military base I seen no nuke silos or nuke storage and I do not think those weapons would just leak radioactive material after a few years. Plus the base has such light security a basic fence and some small structures you figure if it was a base with radioactive materials it would be a bunker style base and be underground with huge silos like i said and possibly a train rail system to move materials and I see none of those things. i'm all for radiation and all that I would just like it to make sense a little if they nuked the area outside chernarus then that whole are up north depending on the size of the nuke you wouldn't just need to wear a hazmat suit you wouldn't be able to go there at all or maybe it would just be a dirty bomb which would just blow radioactive material everywhere which would make more sense. But then did the government do it and if so why wouldn't they use a thermonuclear device and instead use a dirty bomb. and that leads to more questions I didn't think we were gonna have any lore or story I'm all for that but you can't just make things radioactive and have no answers especially if the area doesn't represent that type of technology. again all opinion I'm down for whatever they want to do I can't wait to wear a hazmat suit and go all stalker.

Edited by gannon46

They should just go for a contagious disease. So if one goes in to the area without adequate protection you can become infected with some nasty shit. After 10 minutes your character would start coughing and lose the ability to sprint and would be contagious to other players that come within a 1 meter radius. 7 minutes after that your character can't even jog anymore, only walk, and the coughing becomes more frequent. 3 minutes after that you go prone and cough constantly, and after an additional 2 minutes you die. Your corpse is contagious as well.

Wearing a face mask or something else that covers your mouth and nose, plus gloves, when you interact with a sick player would protect you from being infected yourself. 

Acid rain would probably be inevitable in an apocalypse anyways, as the decay of an empty city / society would by itself cause serious pollution, which in turn could cause acid rain. 

17 hours ago, Espa said:

Actually, it seems there is some nuclear presence as Tisy is going to be made Radioactive, stated by the Devs! 

There's also going to be Radiation Showers to purge yourself as well as protective gear such as a Hazmat suit! 

This is all open to inspection on their trello! https://trello.com/b/5yzeFpo2/dayz

No one said radiation that I remember.

They talked about, "contaminated zones", and those are Biohazard showers, not specifically for radiation at all.

That said, I was thinking the coloring of the clouds might be reflection of the grounds color on the underside, but that's just a guess.

I too have screens of the phenomenon.

• Like 2

I think the colored clouds are a lightnig bug..  

The devs have made in 0.62 also at the world lighting adjustments.

A nuclear contamination, no matter what form I find completely senseless, when one considers the size of the map. Only makes sense there a chemical or biological contamination. Biological are, however, also doubtful because of spreading, by wind, animals, humans. So there is almost only one chemical contamination that stops the plague with regard to a desperate action. If it is a matter of sedentary substances which are found on the ground, trees, and actually on all objects in the zone, then it is credible.

At end..  the devs make it ^^.

9 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

No one said radiation that I remember.

They talked about, "contaminated zones", and those are Biohazard showers, not specifically for radiation at all.

That said, I was thinking the coloring of the clouds might be reflection of the grounds color on the underside, but that's just a guess.

I too have screens of the phenomenon.

Ohhhh, you're right! Contanimated zones! I wonder just what that will entail. . Perhaps a virulent disease that's airborne and affects the player if not using a gas mask, or a protective suit! Not bad ideas above. 

Still, even with the distorted shading being borrowed from the grass and such, I would love it if this was an effect to stay. Imagine consequences from an invisible Rad Bar and being able to find a Geiger Counter, as well as Treatments for Rad Poisoning!

Not to mention the neat visual effects we would get to see ^_^ Yellowish/Greenish Clouds with perhaps a constant lightning and rain storm that passes through delivering Rads. -- Or it could be acid rain, but that's not as fun haha

Just now, Espa said:

Rad Bar and being able to find a Geiger Counter, as well as Treatments for Rad Poisoning

This sounds a lot like a certain very popular game that exists already.

1 minute ago, Espa said:

I wonder just what that will entail.

I believe it will be a variety of in game diseases you can contract from exposure to the zones or maybe some other diseases specific to the zones.

Also, being hit by dirty infected claws will cause infected wounds again in the future. Which will make you want to avoid them more.

So much is still to come that will shift a lot of how vanilla DayZ is played.

Most people cannot conceptualize this.

Wait wait wait! Contaminated zones??

There could be an acute possibility that the Z1 Infection is caused by radiation! #Themoreyouknow

Radiation could be an incredible factor in DayZ. Imagine a moving radiation storm? (Yes, another Dynamic Event)

Either random or set times of day when radioactive flare ups occur and immediate evacuation / protection is required??

Maybe these events could yield special items that will only spawn for the duration of the flare-up time! Good gear? The ability to harvest radioactive specimen?

SCIENCE IN DAYZ? FINDING A CURE??????????

Just food for thought :^)

• Like 1

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:58 PM, dorn956 said:

Wait wait wait! Contaminated zones??

There could be an acute possibility that the Z1 Infection is caused by radiation! #Themoreyouknow

Radiation could be an incredible factor in DayZ. Imagine a moving radiation storm? (Yes, another Dynamic Event)

Either random or set times of day when radioactive flare ups occur and immediate evacuation / protection is required??

Maybe these events could yield special items that will only spawn for the duration of the flare-up time! Good gear? The ability to harvest radioactive specimen?

SCIENCE IN DAYZ? FINDING A CURE??????????

Just food for thought :^)

A fun thought to be sure :) I'm not sure what kind of story the Devs are going for, but I have all the faith that if they explain the virus, it'll be pretty awesome. 

As for Radiation - Modders already made Rad Zones for Arma 3, so if it's not in the base game, it will definitely arrive for the Modding Workshop! I remember watching an old video of Epoch, I believe, and watching as Frankie had to take shelter from a radiation storm and it was badass haha