Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139869

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

Not sure, but status report tomorrow so probably some news in there hopefully :)

Im over here grinding my teeth like a junkie waiting for a glimpse of beta info

• Like 1

Oh please, please, please! Things are starting to look and run so good! As soon as beta hits I am purchasing a copy for a skeptical friend! Great job on the .62 update.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Oh please, please, please! Things are starting to look and run so good! As soon as beta hits I am purchasing a copy for a skeptical friend! Great job on the .62 update.

Heads UP, Man.... I would not be surprised if there will be a small price bump when Beta is released. I don't hold it against, BI... as it makes good business sense...but just remember the "game" is still under-priced for what it looks to be set to deliver. I would not be surprised if they even "accidently" let a rumor slip that there will be a 10 - 15 dollar price hike when the game goes gold....

Obviously this is just me, guessing....

Edited by philbur
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, philbur said:

Heads UP, Man.... I would not be surprised if there will be a small price bump when Beta is released. I don't hold it against, BI... as it makes good business sense...but just remember the "game" is still under-priced for what it looks to be set to deliver. I would not be surprised if they even "accidently" let a rumor slip that there will be a 10 - 15 dollar price hike when the game goes gold....

Obviously this is just me, guessing....

Will the game be priced differently during or after early access?

“The price of DayZ Early Access will increase slowly as development moves closer to 1.0 (Releasing from Early Access). With the final price of DayZ at 39.99 EUR / 49.99 USD”

Excuse me if the question isn't identical, it was Dutch for me so I translated it.

Source: Steam store page

Edited by IMT

Don't get me wrong I'm not asking for anything nor expecting it, but if the Devs decide to reward us players that have helped out through the development process and beta testing please don't give us some item that is dumped after 15 mins of playing because something better has come along (eg we get a T shirt that says dayz sa on it).  If they do go down that route and give out a small reward it would be nice to have/use it throughout the game what ever it is. 

32 minutes ago, Fing said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not asking for anything nor expecting it, but if the Devs decide to reward us players that have helped out through the development process and beta testing please don't give us some item that is dumped after 15 mins of playing because something better has come along (eg we get a T shirt that says dayz sa on it).  If they do go down that route and give out a small reward it would be nice to have/use it throughout the game what ever it is. 

I would rather have something cosmetic like a badge.

Maybe when a player checks your pulse your name would be preceded by a small Chernarus defence force patch.

You can see the badge on the CDF T-shirt sold on their website.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

44 minutes ago, Fing said:

12 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I would rather have something cosmetic like a badge.

Maybe when a player checks your pulse your name would be preceded by a small Chernarus defence force patch.

You can see the badge on the CDF T-shirt sold on their website.

I believe that people who really helped the developers end up in a special part of the credits. I'm not sure about this though, I read it once, might be wrong about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IMT said:

I believe that people who really helped the developers end up in a special part of the credits. I'm not sure about this though, I read it once, might be wrong about it.

I would also reinforce what fing said in that I expect nothing, and add that much of my reward is the process, contribution, and outcome of development.

Getting to bork around with all this jacked up code is something I've always wanted to do and I know I'll miss when it's all replaced and polished. On top of the fact that DayZ as it's envisioned is an ideal choose your own adventure horror, apocalypse, survival, gaming experience, many of us have only dreamed of since we watched our first zombie movies.

Anyway, in the short term, having our screens featured in official Twitter announcements is really cool too....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

Yep there are some very very good photographers in chenarus.

• Like 1