Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139869

Just now, BleedoutBill said:

Blood has nothing to do with bleeding. Think of it as health, or life force.

Then why is there a health counter if blood is the same as health? Because it's not the same! IMO you should only lose blood if you are actually bleeding.

1 minute ago, slizzedy said:

Then why is there a health counter if blood is the same as health? Because it's not the same! IMO you should only lose blood if you are actually bleeding.

I think that you should complain!

• Like 2

I am surprised that posterization is still a thing at all.

Many years ago successive game consoles would boast how big their color palette was compared to their competitors as a selling point.

I thought that once we got past the point at which the human eye could differentiate shades that we could simulate any color to color transition, especially within the same color no less..... but I'm no expert.

So yeah, I guess that's my long winded vote that posterization needs to go.

• Like 2

Hmmm.. i have evertime 50% gamma... day and night. never saw this color levels.

So nobody wants the free SVD with three mags and a bit of ammo? You guys sure about this? I'm probably going to drop it otherwise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

Hmmm.. i have evertime 50% gamma... day and night. never saw this color levels.

It's worse just after dusk and just before dawn, because you can see the night time "dome" lowering and raising in the sky. It's ... unfortunate.

• Like 2

Shit... now we have new trees and grass... 

And I have to watch the sky .. all the time ... I'll die at the fall of a cliff, because of the sky.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, IMT said:

So nobody wants the free SVD with three mags and a bit of ammo? You guys sure about this? I'm probably going to drop it otherwise.

I would've grabbed it but I won't be able to play until Sunday night...maybe. 

25 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

And I have to watch the sky .. all the time ... I'll die at the fall of a cliff, because of the sky.

Truth be told, you won't be the first ...

• Like 2

Yeah, with this big cloud, we look more the sky than the ground, i have no this perception before this change of the shader. 

So I just found a fully repaired bus and decided to go on a trip to the NWAF. Going around the AF I noticed something strange. In first-person I had around 80-90FPS but in third-person I had only 17FPS. So there seems to be something odd going on with third-person and driving.

Edited by slizzedy
  • Like 1

I have opted for beta and got the proper version in-game but can't find any experimental servers even with proper version match, what gives? :O

Version: 0.62.139869 but server browser only finds 62.139835

Edited by Batlan

10 hours ago, slizzedy said:

As your biological processes carry on, blood cells routinely die and are replaced as fast as your bone marrow can create them.  When you are starving, there are no more raw materials from which to replace your blood cells as they die, and thus your available blood cells decrease. Happy now?  

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on DayZ...

Edit: Just read your post about 1pp/3pp Fps while driving. this is because when the wheels are within your field of view, they consum massive amounts of resources to render, and hit your framerate like a wet blanket.  Join the 1pp master race, and drive like a king.

Edited by emuthreat
The wheels on the bus
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on DayZ...

• Like 2

It turns out the ambient sound topic is much much more complex and complicated than expected. I think after the whole agitation about the new sounds (and yes I probably did overreact too, but the first ambient sound iteration was very hard to bear with and I think I wasn't the only one who felt this way), we should try to analyse calmly and serene what is important.

I really won't make instructions and determine what we have to do like a principal or something. I just try to help improving the whole sound thing. So if you ask me what is a priority, the sound should be never nerved. Because if people conceive sound effects as an emission (in real life they can too) instead of a pleasent thing, they will leave the game for sure sooner or later. It's like a visual bug which disturbs your eyes till you cant stand it and you will definitive quit at some point.

Like other members mentioned before, it seem this sound topic will take time and patience till we get well tweaked results. For a good immersion I think the ambient sounds should be believable and reasonable. That means probably more work than expected, because there is a need for more gradations than day and night. At the moment the Exp ambient sound seems a little messed up (maybe casused by bugs). For example at dusk/night or if it's cloudy/raining extensive bird singing is misplaced. Please let me know what you guys think, which animal sounds (even insects) are appropriate by considering things like daytime, weather, location?

Generally I would say in relation to sounds rather gently/decent then to much gimmickry. Btw I found an example which goes in that direction:

I guess it's morning (means more singing than noon or afternoon) and there are birds like great/blue tit in the background and sometimes louder merl, but all singing seems to be more far away (with a nice little hall) than in DayZ. Some birds in DayZ seems to sit on your shoulder atm and additionally they are get repeated to fast/often. I would be glad if you guys tell me your thought about this.And sorry for my weird english.  

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Sharplooter said:

-snip-

For a good immersion I think the ambient sounds should be believable and reasonable.

-snip-

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but I think that there is a very wide consensus on what is 'believable' and 'reasonable'. Things will change and a balance will be struck - peps just like to freak out when ever things change in the slightest (and are then freak out again when they are changed back because of the initial freak outs). After all this time people just don't seem to get what a creative process looks like...

• Like 1

We should know that the Ambient sound is not yet finished, this topic needs a lot of tuning / changes and reassessments.

Therefore, we should not be angry about the "momentary" small range of sound sounds.

I imagine this: the customer would like a nice garden fence. The dealer first creates a pattern (1m fence). The customer looks and says then: that is too high, the color is too bright, the wrong wood, the nails I do not like, I want screws. If the dealer always creates the whole fence, he needs much more work to change him according to the wishes. Therefore, only a pattern of the fence is used at the beginning. If everything fits then the 500m fence go into the production.

So I imagine the Ambient Sound here, in an SR was announced that they have hundreds (or more) of sounds .... these are the 500m sound fence.

13 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

We should know that the Ambient sound is not yet finished, this topic needs a lot of tuning / changes and reassessments.

Therefore, we should not be angry about the "momentary" small range of sound sounds.

I imagine this: the customer would like a nice garden fence. The dealer first creates a pattern (1m fence). The customer looks and says then: that is too high, the color is too bright, the wrong wood, the nails I do not like, I want screws. If the dealer always creates the whole fence, he needs much more work to change him according to the wishes. Therefore, only a pattern of the fence is used at the beginning. If everything fits then the 500m fence go into the production.

So I imagine the Ambient Sound here, in an SR was announced that they have hundreds (or more) of sounds .... these are the 500m sound fence.

It would just be nice perhaps if Andrej was a bit more active on these forums. This is like the biggest audio change to DayZ and yet the audio sub forum hasn't been active since march :(

• Like 1

I have idea maybe make birds to stop in night time go sleep and make different sound for night like owl or dog noise BIRD DO NOT MAKE MUSIC ALL DAY ALL NIGHT 24/7

• Like 1

Been running about the past few days.  Having a great time.  No problems finding food and loot, plenty of ammo and a reasonable selection of guns.

About the only really weird thing was the lovely and talented Jana losing all the color on her poor body.  It happened a few times:

d4RkGQX.jpg

HGAewnS.jpg

Other than that, it was a relaxing & adventurous time.

SAt3ngL.jpg

2T0Uo5R.jpg

Bonus glamor shot.  I like the interplay of trees and clouds at distance:

45G1nPC.jpg

Edited by klesh
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, klesh said:

-snip-

Bonus glamor shot.  I like the interplay of trees and clouds at distance:

Nice screens.

Welcome back.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2017 at 3:00 AM, DannyDog said:

It would just be nice perhaps if Andrej was a bit more active on these forums. This is like the biggest audio change to DayZ and yet the audio sub forum hasn't been active since march :(

He's only got 2 posts on the Audio forum from over 2 years ago.  Thats it.   I don't know why he even bothered to make a thread asking for discussion, if he's not going to participate.   The sounds are a great improvement, but I'm not going to give feedback to a wall.   Hell, Hicks has more posts in the audio subforum than the audio guy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, klesh said:

He's only got 2 posts on the Audio forum from over 2 years ago.  Thats it.   I don't know why he even bothered to make a thread asking for discussion, if he's not going to participate.   The sounds are a great improvement, but I'm not going to give feedback to a wall.   Hell, Hicks has more posts in the audio subforum than the audio guy. 

Im pretty sure theyre crazy busy trying to get the audio where it needs to be right now, then keep improving for .63. It would be nice to have a beta detail video. Let people know what to expect and not to expect once we enter .63. 

• Like 1

Anything new this week? Spent the weekend seeing live music. Chon is a fun band to see live. 

Can we tan stuffs soon again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

Anything new this week? Spent the weekend seeing live music. Chon is a fun band to see live. 

Can we tan stuffs soon again?

Not sure, but status report tomorrow so probably some news in there hopefully :)

• Like 3