Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139869

33 minutes ago, Excanto said:

Use Bark and sticks for fireplace, you don't need to lose a rag anymore. Bark and stick for hand drill to start it. I have been killing chickens bark and sticks the last couple wipes :-)

Right yeah, bark can make fireplace too. I stand corrected.

Sound feels really good at night time loot areas now on experimental branch, those unstopping crickets were busting my ears, they are way more "ambient" now, pretty good, I just think that the wind was a little too quieter than on today's stable branch, wind was loud some times due to pick up, but pleasant overall since it wasn't constantly loud all the time there, now at experimental, I can barely hear it, but of course, it still there.

Night time is becoming more and more immersive now, thanks devs.

• Like 2

Small update : There is still bird ambient sounds, just not during the day. It was very early in the morning, sun wasn't risen yet, and there was all the usual sound effects, but during the day it gets much more quiet. 

I logged in AUS-02 and got a lada to start making my way to Grishino and Kamensk. I think the updates were only for trees and bushes placements, as I didn't notice any changes to the layout of the buildings, roads are anything else.

Visually it's still stunning.

476D0EBD638F820A173BBE11BE1626EC6DE39BF6

The trip through Grishino and Kamensk.

0697899BF8063E7D4D3C93EFB051CF05F1BFCDE8

A4BC9E54DC9F4E4F50D9F46AFFBA3286D5A19ECD

DE6C80280A1A744FC850BE22B60109A3470B90F3

AC4E7741CA01C41FA442794B5A0CFF03635EE6CA

B05DD8B64DDD9FA2629C636653735BF6208EAFAE

8FD69FB56A70E2924AEDC878CC6B5E1BECD2A0FE

FE97B424A24FFD2DABC00A8701FFB591BF5813C5

3513443A95315ADB9AA5540377AE6D286B43F326

• Like 5

So I just logged in at Zelenogorsk and decided to loot the military compound. When I got there I saw a dead infected laying around and wondered what I should do. I heard some footsteps in the barracks next to me so I decided to engage the person.

This is what happened:

Apparently he didn't have a working gun. I really wonder why he didn't say something, he could've lived. Well PopcornHUN, I hope you learned your lesson there.

Also, is it me or did some shots not register? It looks like that first shot hit him in the chest so he should've not been able to swing his axe at me, not sure if he hit me though.

• Like 2

Some shots from yesterdays ill fated journey to the new west.

I was starving and planted some zucchini in the rain. Below me some shots rang out, could have been someone player sniping or sniping the infected.... About half way through the grow cycle, the server crashed which causes the graphical asset to bug and become invisible and frozen at the current state. If your crop isn't fully grown when there is a crash you will not be able to eat.

When I spawned back in and found my plants bugged I decided to eat the worm I had, which made me sick. :(

Now starving and sick, losing blood rapidly, I ran into the valley near the new railroad bridge and wolves were nearby. I found a good spot to stand my ground but they never came....

After looting the castle and finding nothing of use I ran further South before passing out. RIP

zXv2VxQ.jpg

NgvV3ZO.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I spawned in with my lucky duck character from yesterday.

He has been handed nearly all essential gear from the moment he spawned. I barely had to pick apples but hadn't gotten full healthy nor had I found rounds for my SKS. Entering Severograd this little shrine had a box of SKS ammo and 2 carbine mags partially loaded. Just below that in the parking lot a blue car had 2 more boxes of SKS ammo! The DayZ GodZ continue to smile upon this fool.

mEFQ2E3.jpg

I looted a little but then heard some careless or reckless player firing rounds near the town center and decided to continue the journey NW. After looting Kamensk I planted zombie tomatoes (tomatoes looted from a farmer zombie) and about half way through the server crashed! Coincidence?

I then made my way to the military base nearby and was quickly set upon by wolves. I ran to the hesco structure and fired down upon the 3 milling below. 2 went down fairly quickly but the 3rd was pathing in an inconvenient fashion so I shot a few infected through the ladder hole and slid down the left side of the hesco, walked into the concrete wall corner there, and picked off the rest of the infected that streamed out from under the hesco. Then what I thought was the last wolf came around stopping to growl in my face only to drop from a round between the eyes. Suddenly I heard more wolves from behind and sprinted to the jail hoping they would follow but they did not.

Now I was paranoid that my shots may attract some other players and IMT decided to come and back me up. After a few minutes he arrived and we looted the area as a team. As we approached the wall where I fought the last wolf we heard scampering of wolf feet and found the remaining 3 wolves from the pack stuck running in circles.

nO2L0pn.jpg

After looting we put them down but our shots drew too many infected and we were forced back to the jail. Swapping our gear we looted inside we ate until healthy but returning to the spot where the wolves fell, the corpses had already despawned. :(

IMT still enjoying his lightning fast sword, shows off more moves....

WPw2ieK.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Excanto said:

Use Bark and sticks for fireplace, you don't need to lose a rag anymore. Bark and stick for hand drill to start it. I have been killing chickens bark and sticks the last couple wipes :-)

Last I checked when .62 was in exp, it was very difficult to use a hand drill in wet weather. Just like real life, see: "Alone" season 1 :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WOLFGEIST said:

Last I checked when .62 was in exp, it was very difficult to use a hand drill in wet weather. Just like real life, see: "Alone" season 1 :)

I fucking love Alone.

If you are not familiar with Ed Stafford (Marooned), or Hazen Audel (Primal Survivor), you may like them.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I fucking love Alone.

If you are not familiar with Ed Stafford (Marooned), or Hazen Audel (Primal Survivor), you may like them.

Hmm, I am not. I discovered Alone through Joe Robinet's wonderful YouTube channel, however, who, funnily enough, (have I used enough commas yet?) dropped out of Alone because he lost his ferro rod and thought that the climate in Vancouver Island was much too moist to use a hand drill in reliably.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Wow...   o_0  I'm shocked. I knew some people were annoyed by the new sound effects, mainly the birds, but to remove them all?? That's pretty radical. Looking at the screenshot below, isn't it a beautiful day? Well, going from Rogovo to Kamensk, there was 0 bird sound effects. Just a few crickets.

Now DayZ sounds dead, while it sounded great in the first few 0.62 experimental patches. 

Going back to stable to enjoy the new sounds a bit more before they get lost...

018B3E1CC8E8F20455BCCB92D0574E7DB6CB698E

Also, as you can tell, even though it's the experimental branch, the debug monitor has been removed for now.

Edit: P.S. I know, it's still a work in progress, but still, personally I didn't see any progress removing all the bird sound effects. Just like loot distribution, it's bound to be tweaked and changed again, at least, I hope.

Well in regards to my last post i actually think they have not configured all the bird sounds to play yet. They have over 200 bird sounds of various species for night and day but the real issue seems to be the lack of samples playing in the distance. Many players think they arent directional or play as a positional sound source but they do. Its just the fact that they play so close to your player's position that it gives the impression that theyre playing inside your brain. Just give it a try. Go some where with lots of trees and the moment you start hearing birds spin your character's head around. You should notice that theyre positional.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Well in regards to my last post i actually think they have not configured all the bird sounds to play yet. They have over 200 bird sounds of various species for night and day but the real issue seems to be the lack of samples playing in the distance. Many players think they arent directional or play as a positional sound source but they do. Its just the fact that they play so close to your player's position that it gives the impression that theyre playing inside your brain. Just give it a try. Go some where with lots of trees and the moment you start hearing birds spin your character's head around. You should notice that theyre positional.

I 100% agree most ambient sounds should occur in the mid-long range distance. Very rarely should you hear a bird right next to your head, especially if you can't see them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, koffeekage said:

I dont have any evidence that this will happen other than i cant imagine theyve done all of this work improving every other facet of the game that leaving it out would be incredibly bizzar and misguided. It is something that arma 3 does so its not too much to expect.

6 hours ago, koffeekage said:

It would be awesome if the wind made that whooping howling noise that happens when it travels through the trees. Anyone know what im talking about? Sounds like a wolf banshee.

If i take a guess at what you're referring to i think that only really happens on rare occasions in special conditions with trees. But with houses on the other hand...

I made a short mix of dayz's audio and what it would sound like if there was sound occlusion and wind howls.

The wind gradually gets stronger then dies down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Fanboi Rising TM 

so what ? TM is right, my initial IRL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

That's how I found out as well. Best thing would be indeed the forest. You can definitely hear the sound being positional because the volume gets harder if you get closer and it gets softer as you walk away. If you turn your head you can clearly hear the sound changing position as well.

Nice to see you putting that svd to better use than me IMT if you know what I mean ;-) lol. Has any one else hit an invisible object in a vehicle on the main road through Pustoshka by the T junction at the supermarket? I have hit it twice once in a sedan and in the 4*4.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fing said:

Nice to see you putting that svd to better use than me IMT if you know what I mean ;-) lol. Has any one else hit an invisible object in a vehicle on the main road through Pustoshka by the T junction at the supermarket? I have hit it twice once in a sedan and in the 4*4.

Yeah but I might drop it for an AUG which I'm currently double carrying.

Anyone interested in a SVD, first person hive?

To be honest I wouldn't mind the sound stuff much yet. There are likely a lot of some placeholder stuff and things are still likely missing directional audio. Knowing how awesome walking in a forest in Arma 3 sounds with the same sound engine when a lot of the stuff is directional, I would just give devs some time. Of course if something is clearly a bug it's good to report. It's interesting to see if they run in the same virtual surround bugs in this game because those can ruin some people's game.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:
  • Sky shader changes

Any tips for my sky posterization issue?  I'm not sure I should file this in the bug tracker. And I've been googling to see if people have the same issue but no one seems to mention it. 

/sadface

34 minutes ago, Baroness said:

Any tips for my sky posterization issue?  I'm not sure I should file this in the bug tracker. And I've been googling to see if people have the same issue but no one seems to mention it. 

/sadface

It's one of my pet peeves. I complained about it a couple years back, but few others seem to be concerned. I was hopeful that it would get addressed, when True Sky was introduced, but no such luck. I expect that we'll just have to live with it, unless more folks start making a fuss.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

unless more folks start making a fuss.

I don't think it's this huge deal/gamebreaker for anyone, but you know me, I love screenshots, and it is definitely a pet peeve as I have to manually attempt to blur it out each time, losing precious pixel data in the process and it kind of bums me out.

Maybe it's just my graphics cards but honestly it's not THAT old or crappy.

• Like 1

Developers wanna make use of every cycle they can, so the sky and things people don't/won't pay attention to all the time get a little less attention than everything else. Maybe once more optimization is done.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Baroness said:

I don't think it's this huge deal/gamebreaker for anyone, but ...

No, but it looks so 1980's. Say, where's that Tseng Labs CGA ISA card I had lying around here ...

• Like 1

@Baroness take a screenshot and the same with PrtScr and go in Paint and save as 24bit bmp... then verify.

Steam save as .jpg and habe a hidden setting on colordefth.  The sky have for this to mutch various bluecolors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

@Baroness take a screenshot and the same with PrtScr and go in Paint and save as 24bit bmp... then verify.

Steam save as .jpg and habe a hidden setting on colordefth.  The sky have for this to mutch various bluecolors.

I don't think its to do with jpeg artifacting. You can notice it in-game and its probably just to do with the engine's colour space.

Hopefully they fix it. Its mostly noticeable at night when your gamma levels change and when your player's "camera" adjusts light levels.

• Like 3

So apparently I am losing blood because I'm starving. I have not been hit once and am losing blood. Is it supposed to be like that? Cause it doesnt feel right since I'm starving, not bleeding. Would make sense if I lose health, which I also am losing, but not blood.

3 minutes ago, slizzedy said:

So apparently I am losing blood because I'm starving. I have not been hit once and am losing blood. Is it supposed to be like that? Cause it doesnt feel right since I'm starving, not bleeding. Would make sense if I lose health, which I also am losing, but not blood.

Blood has nothing to do with bleeding. Think of it as health, or life force.

• Like 1