Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139869

Hello guys,

We have some new changes on Experimental branch:

• Map updates (Grishino, Kamensk village and hill)
  • Sky shader changes
  • Ambient insect audio tweaked

Known issue: only DayZ screen is present when connecting to a server and waiting for queue time.

Without characters wipe again.

Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.

Have a nice day!

• Like 16

The gift that keeps giving. Thank you so much :D

edit: Also in regards to bird audio, is it possible to tone down bird noises up close and increase more birds in the distance? Now that the ambient loop is quieter its pretty jarring when the bird noises suddenly play really loud nearby.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 5

Great, I`ll save an hour this evening to test some basics! :)

• Like 1

I still think ambient sound is to high... If I have perfect volume on ambient... my own footsteps, others fottsteps in houses and zombies roaring are to low... I put that volume right, I got Birds and insects inside my brain.

I have a big wquestion thou... My biggest irritationmoment is rain... WHY? Because you "die" very fast getting wet or cold... and when it goes so fast, you dont get any ideas to make a fireplace, just to end up in same situation after 5 minutes in the rain... And then I switch server instead... Then I feel the rain/cold must be changed... The time until ya die fron drenched/cold is like it was -30 celsius "ingame"...

Edited by Stefan Asseryd
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stefan Asseryd said:

I have a big wquestion thou... My biggest irritationmoment is rain... WHY? Because you "die" very fast getting wet or cold... and when it goes so fast, you dont get any ideas to make a fireplace, just to end up in same situation after 5 minutes in the rain... And then I switch server instead... Then I feel the rain/cold must be changed... The time until ya die fron drenched/cold is like it was -30 celsius "ingame"...

A: The body loses heat 25x(!) faster when wet than just cold. You can die of hypothermia in warm 90 degree water.

B: The moment you start to see "I am cold", you should be looking for, sticks>rag>craft fireplace>use flare to ignite or make hand drill kit with stick and bark.

Even when it's cold, if you aggressively warm your character to HOT status with a fire, you can run for quite a while in spawn clothes before you need to warm again.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 7

hi guys, I made video timelapse, used the server "from the first person" as on it there is no look at screen center after up-dating of the appeared look, now it will be a problem. would be to have steep function of switch-off of this sight or completely the interface (forgive for my english)

• Like 18

@DannyDog

Hear the Video (and the background ^^) . And this bird are the forestpolice, can make very loed alert cry.

You can manage the ambient volume for best settings (i have 50%) and yesterday for me i think i will up to 60%, Chernarus stay in a apocalyptic time, the influence of the down from comfort are only for the humans.. the nature have now freedom.

@Stefan Asseryd if you in Rain, then never standing without run...only for pick resources from make a fire. To mutch rest and you die very fast.

Edited by Sqeezorz
+ ( )
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

@DannyDog

Hear the Video. And this bird are the forestpolice, can make very loed alert cry.

You can manage the ambient volume for best settings (i have 50%) and yesterday for me i think i will up to 60%, Chernarus stay in a apocalyptic time, the influence of the down from comfort are only for the humans.. the nature have now freedom.

@Stefan Asseryd if you in Rain, then never standing without run...only for pick resources from make a fire. To mutch rest and you die very fast.

Oh believe me mate. I live in Australia and especially in the mornings birds can get pretty loud. We have kookaburras man, god are they natures alarm. I would just like less occurrences of nearby bird sounds and more occurrences of distant bird calls. Especially with the fact that trees in DayZ aren't very tall and most birds we hear irl are in the sky or up high in trees so you won't likely be hearing them up close.

But anyway, the new houses ambient loop sounds great! Hopefully at one point the wind on the server dies down a little. Its like constantly windy xd

Would like it if it occasionally got quiet at night or day. (WITHOUT MOVING TO DIFFERENT ZONES)

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tip for the bow. I need now tips to drive bus. It's very hard in the cities and the sidewalks.

The zombies are ridiculous with the car. About the new sky renderer, if the server is in accelerate time, even in a car, the cloud have turbo mod and move so quickly :). The sky do not look as good in texture than the previous sky, it's my opinion.

In the car at the middle of the video, the new grass is visible on the ground of the car. I don't know why the car don't move as i want and strange thing as i drive ( uncontrolled slide)

Also and finally, i have found how to record with shadowplay without britghtness problem..

Edited by HRF.DAYZ
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Oh believe me mate. I live in Australia and especially in the mornings birds can get pretty loud. We have kookaburras man, god are they natures alarm. I would just like less occurrences of nearby bird sounds and more occurrences of distant bird calls. Especially with the fact that trees in DayZ aren't very tall and most birds we hear irl are in the sky or up high in trees so you won't likely be hearing them up close.

But anyway, the new houses ambient loop sounds great! Hopefully at one point the wind on the server dies down a little. Its like constantly windy xd

Would like it if it occasionally got quiet at night or day. (WITHOUT MOVING TO DIFFERENT ZONES)

The issue with birds ambient sounds isn't much the loudness, but the lack of direction and volume, it's like someone wrote above - birds sound like if they're inside your brain lol. 

Once they fix this and sounds are really perceived by the character, and not created inside his brain, things will sound amazing :D

• Like 1

Drive with a Bus are very difficulty.. drive on 1pp from Novo to the fountain from Turovo... thats a challange.

// @DannyDog i life on Switzerland an we have ~ the same animals and forest/nature from Chernarus (CZ). maybe the same in my zone, my town (with one car station GAZ and Lada ^^ i see every days this station if i drive to the work) are on 980m above sealevel, close to the big mountains (alpes).

Edited by Sqeezorz
//

1 hour ago, HRF.DAYZ said:

(blabla)

Also and finally, i have found how to record with shadowplay without britghtness problem..

Did you really just wrote that? What kind of person would not include the solution? Seriously?
Is it the change resolution one or a different one?

Please inspect loot distribution.

Guns are everywhere, too much loot in general. Is this intentional in experimental so that we can test out items? 

Especially since there is still a lot of server-hopping the loot really is too much.

Edited by VVarhead

Wow...   o_0  I'm shocked. I knew some people were annoyed by the new sound effects, mainly the birds, but to remove them all?? That's pretty radical. Looking at the screenshot below, isn't it a beautiful day? Well, going from Rogovo to Kamensk, there was 0 bird sound effects. Just a few crickets.

Now DayZ sounds dead, while it sounded great in the first few 0.62 experimental patches. 

Going back to stable to enjoy the new sounds a bit more before they get lost...

018B3E1CC8E8F20455BCCB92D0574E7DB6CB698E

Also, as you can tell, even though it's the experimental branch, the debug monitor has been removed for now.

Edit: P.S. I know, it's still a work in progress, but still, personally I didn't see any progress removing all the bird sound effects. Just like loot distribution, it's bound to be tweaked and changed again, at least, I hope.

Edited by odin_lowe
additions
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Wow...   o_0  I'm shocked. I knew some people were annoyed by the new sound effects, mainly the birds, but to remove them all?? That's pretty radical. Looking at the screenshot below, isn't it a beautiful day? Well, going from Rogovo to Kamensk, there was 0 bird sound effects. Just a few crickets.

Now DayZ sounds dead, while it sounded great in the first few 0.62 experimental patches. 

weinen.gif?w=470

13 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Wow...   o_0  I'm shocked. I knew some people were annoyed by the new sound effects, mainly the birds, but to remove them all??

Hopefully just temporary until they make them directional.  I was able to put up with the sounds but they were literally driving some people crazy.  It depends on your sensitivity to such things and no one should suffer due to the sounds or be forced to turn the volume way down.

• Like 1

The sounds is probably something the developers will have to decide on what is a good balance in their opinion and stick to it. Some people like the birds, some don't.

I like the new sounds except I find the wind sound very annoying. Some people like it...

in sound "problem" it would really help that indoors would be quiet...you could always escape the wind and constant bird-army inside the houses and relax your ears.

13 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

in sound "problem" it would really help that indoors would be quiet...you could always escape the wind and constant bird-army inside the houses and relax your ears.

I dont have any evidence that this will happen other than i cant imagine theyve done all of this work improving every other facet of the game that leaving it out would be incredibly bizzar and misguided. It is something that arma 3 does so its not too much to expect.

It would be awesome if the wind made that whooping howling noise that happens when it travels through the trees. Anyone know what im talking about? Sounds like a wolf banshee.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

A: The body loses heat 25x(!) faster when wet than just cold. You can die of hypothermia in warm 90 degree water.

B: The moment you start to see "I am cold", you should be looking for, sticks>rag>craft fireplace>use flare to ignite or make hand drill kit with stick and bark.

Even when it's cold, if you aggressively warm your character to HOT status with a fire, you can run for quite a while in spawn clothes before you need to warm again.

Use Bark and sticks for fireplace, you don't need to lose a rag anymore. Bark and stick for hand drill to start it. I have been killing chickens bark and sticks the last couple wipes :-)

• Like 1