Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.139835

I've noticed that it's still possible to accidentally dupe items if they're placed on the ground before a server crash/restart. 

• Like 2

1) Like Lord Black Wolf says, duping is still possible, e.g. when manipulating stuff in barrels near server restarts

2) Is this just me or chicken nuggets are like super nutritious now? I think 3 brought me from dark-red hungry to energized.

3) Since when the blue charred Volgas spawn sedan wheels? I think that's cool.

4) Is it possible to drive a car with a ruined battery? It's mentioned in the 'general discussion' forum.

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

4) Is it possible to drive a car with a ruined battery? It's mentioned in the 'general discussion' forum.

I'm not sure about cars, but I know you can v3s' as I found one with a ruined battery last night and drove it around until it got stuck. Also, is it possible to report servers that kick players or do they just not care?

Edited by LordBlackwolf

5 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've noticed that it's still possible to accidentally dupe items if they're placed on the ground before a server crash/restart. 

Interesting that you mention that...as just yesterday I was wandering around on the same server for a really long time...and I had just raided a camp and was busy "re-distributing" the hoarded loot when the red warning message appeared. This caused me to consider exactly what you experienced, but when I reconnected there was no sign at all of any duped items, weapons, or crafted objects. The second restart happened just after I had dropped my backpack full of gear (because I just found a pristine Coyote one) and I thought "well..there goes all my precious gear!" and once again NOPE.... nothing spectacular or unusual happened on reconnect.

This would be tough to reproduce unless you had exact timing for the restart. So maybe I will try to remember when the indicated time will be and if I am in game close to that time I will try this. I could see this happening if the items are placed on the ground while the message is being displayed, perhaps, as this is usually time that is repeated upon restarts.

5 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Ban this fool! 

Wow!.

Now that I see the Russian version of fair play, I wonder just how useless BE is at detecting and thwarting hacks?

This video makes me seriously reconsider my impression of BI's commitment to removing hackers in this game. I remember the hack sweeps of much earlier builds...and how Brian and the others were so earnest in their insistence on keeping this game as clean as possible....

That being said... I would hope this is just an extreme case of idiocy...but every time I have been victimized by hacking...(which is only twice)...it has been a Russian....

Is this just a case of a guy streaming his hacks to show others how the "real" a##holes do it? Is this some sort of dev wannabe showing how gameplay editors work? Who knows, other than those who can speak this stuff.

The fact that this stream is done in such a casual manner, devoid of any perceived interest in actually playing the game, leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling of being led towards a final release that will have empty servers within weeks if this kind of crap is going to go through Battle (Blind) Eye.

Say it ain't so, guys...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

But it does. I can confirm that. It happened to me a few days ago. I wanted to make fire and put the cook pot on the ground ... made fire and appeared a little later: lost connection. I waited 1min. And joint back to the server. I was a little further away, where I was looking for the wood, and went back to the street. There lay the cooking pot, but in my inventory was my cooking pot. dupping. But I think it's not so easy to reconstruct since the timing must be right, the "connect lost" message really came much later, felt 1-2min. I dont now are the down from crash or manual restart (the same server restart 3 times in 1 houre)

//here the story of server down (with dup.)

@Kirov (DayZ) Question 3.

Sedan tires spawn since ~0.60 on Wrecks ( +police car --> sedan tires)

You can see on the lightgrey rims on wrecks.

Edited by Sqeezorz
+ @

Ah... ragdoll. 

PartialFlatIbisbill.gif

• Like 2

On 6/18/2017 at 10:13 AM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

yes, you can drive a car, truck or off-road using a ruined battery.  The "ruined" tires also show as pristine and have no negative effect driving.

Since we are talking about vehicles, I currently have lost 6 vehicles in 1 week.  previous version I lost 1 vehicle a month.   Small bushes seem to kill the car plus I'm getting memory errors while driving.   This game has been out for a while, and yes, I know it's alpha, but damn the car mechanics really suck, and they aren't getting any better.   I was playing Ghost Recon Wildlands last night and I must say they've got the car driving nailed.  BF games have been good as well.  I really don't understand why in Dayz it's so bad.

12 minutes ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

yes, you can drive a car, truck or off-road using a ruined battery.  The "ruined" tires also show as pristine and have no negative effect driving.

Since we are talking about vehicles, I currently have lost 6 vehicles in 1 week.  previous version I lost 1 vehicle a month.   Small bushes seem to kill the car plus I'm getting memory errors while driving.   This game has been out for a while, and yes, I know it's alpha, but damn the car mechanics really suck, and they aren't getting any better.   I was playing Ghost Recon Wildlands last night and I must say they've got the car driving nailed.  BF games have been good as well.  I really don't understand why in Dayz it's so bad.

They haven't added the new tech that will allow cars to perform better yet. Once they do, expect cars to perform and handle a lot better than they do now.

7 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

They haven't added the new tech that will allow cars to perform better yet. Once they do, expect cars to perform and handle a lot better than they do now.

if true, I will be looking forward to it

@plasma (DayZ).

I think the big different in DayZ are the controll of physics.

In DayZ controlls the server many influences. IMO to make harder to cheat.

2 hours ago, Baroness said:

Do you know what we need?

This.

I'll piss my pants if that happened to me. :')

• Like 1

Hello guys, 

we have a new update today, I am closing this thread.

• Like 2