Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.139835

3 hours ago, Excanto said:

Don't forget sharpening your stone knife with the big mined rocks.

Sharpen or craft? 

4 hours ago, Excanto said:

Don't forget sharpening your stone knife with the big mined rocks.

Small stones also work for this. But only to sharpen from BD back up to D.

Looking for vehicles

It is a windy night tonight in Chernarus; trees are swaying under the breeze, blowing at a steady 18 mph ( a 4, on the Beaufort scale, if you'd like to know.)

I wake up on the coast, Berezino to be more exact.

Ku0CYOb.png

I, of course, pig out on apples for a while, enough to get me healthy, and off I go to meet up with @emuthreat and starvingart. We resurrected what I hope to be our camp megalopolis. We got 3 tents for now, can't complain.

After a few drunk tunes around the campfire, we go inside one of the tents before we depart. A glowstick was thrown in a barrel and it made a cool shadow on the ceiling of the tent, like a weird blueish glowing portal ready to swallow us whole.

oLl3hqd.png

I hop in the passenger seat, leaving emu in the bed of the truck. He's not wearing any waterproof gear and it's raining; let's all have a moment of silence out of respect for our brave, chilly comrade.

See? All wet.

arAtesW.png

DVM2gV5.png

This motherfvcker is about to die on us real soon and that's not cool.

We are so mad we destroy the shit out of it. I even punch it with a rock. That's how mad I am!

auq1e1T.png

(We're not really mad, we just want to make it despawn. Can you spot emu?)

Looting this and that. I hear some crickets and that makes me happy. 

6mpAu0R.png

About to make a pit-stop in Elektro. I almost made it full circle, back to my original provenance. 

Emu, which i will now dub the Great Survivor, heating up a bit and refilling on calories before we part ways in order to maximize our search efforts for a new vehicle.

SzKHlg4.png

Here is where we part ways; I go with art because why not.

A few pit stops along the way;

QfrpwJ7.png

Gotta stay hydrated and energized. Apples will never fail you. Now if I could just shake that tree....

p6fWBAU.png

Running back to camp before going to bed. 

XgY2UWT.jpg

There was a conversation about a Schrödinger chicken but that's a story for another day.

** edited to include a few bugs i got:

a. once every couple of minutes i will get a noticeable shift on the gamma range of the game, like it ''kicks up'' a notch. Then it goes back to normal (how it previously was). Then it does it again. Intermittently.

b. I have a weird white stroke/outline on some objects in the distance, this is new from today (on stable x64). it's very thin, 2 pixels at most.

c. I cannot hear the fire, the wind sound is extremely faint.

edited for more shots

F8kweS7.png

My good friend Fillmore, aka Chet Manley, aka the greatest RPer that has ever lived. Met up with him in Krutoy Cap, trying to keep himself alive after having been hit by a wave of hypothermia. He has a rough start to his day as his game is buggy.

qTWM6zQ.png

His game crashes and he collapses, I, of course, try to revive him with my trusty cheek CPR.

nq4JcWi.png

To no avail. He relogs and dies upon logging out.

I am alone again. At least I got a nice view.

MFs4l7L.png

(clouds added because &/$%* posterization that i am trying to hide.)

Edited by Baroness
edited because im not funny.
  • Like 12

Very nice Photos (and story)  @Baroness and this with really good night..(darkness vs. lightning).

i give you the Title: Night-Bean-Queen

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

i give you the Title: Night-Bean-Queen

giphy.gif

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Ice axe, guys, ICE AXE.

Infected, average 3 hits.

Garden plots.

Rock mining.

Can run full sprint with in hand, no penalties.

Fast swing animation, little refresh time.

Takes 2 slots and no animation when hot bar activated. Just instantly in hands.

Ice axe.

Psst people, go with the sword, not with the Ice Axe. It isn't as handy as the Ice Axe but you can be a knight, a knight goddamnit. When he swings his Ice axe once, I already killed two infected.

Seriously guys, it's a sword! Who doesn't want it, right?

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

Oh shit..... Hatchet tossing BETTER be a thing.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
Crafting a stone axe and stone hammer would be nice too.
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, Baroness said:

With a very smooth ''Hop in the front, bae'', from the chauffeur,

I'm not your chauffeur Bae ;-)

Alternate comment:

"Bae" bā/

noun

US-informal

noun: bae; plural noun: baes

a person's boyfriend or girlfriend (often as a form of address).

"I'm going to see my bae"

1 hour ago, starvingart said:

I'm not your chauffeur Bae ;-)

giphy.gif

Edited by Baroness
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Oh shit..... Hatchet tossing BETTER be a thing.

I second a motion for stone axe/hammer. Also an adze would be great. Flint arrow heads. Bolas. 

• Like 5

Nobody else going on interesting adventures?

Here's another one. This one's pretty bad. My day started horribly, irl, with a sucky medical procedure, so I was already in a crappy mood when I got home and hopped on DayZ to see if I can clean up our camptropolis and get a little gardening plot going to feed the crew.

I get some pumpkins going and log off for a few hours.

@starvingart joins me a little later in the early evening and we decide to set up a second camp at our preferred location in the North East. We grab a few essential items from the main camp (that I promise to replace, of course) and head with the gear down to the trucks, to figure out which one we'll take.

We decide on the orange truck. 

RIWX65m.png

I mean, the one on the left, because the one on the right got stuck on an invisible stump.

No biggie, I grab the gear from the right truck, and decide to switch it over to the left truck. In my crappy tired brain state, I somehow manage to put the gear back in the stuck truck. At this point I'm 300% certain the gear is in the non-stuck truck. So off we go to our desired destination.

Halfway there, we notice that the gear is, in fact, not in the current truck. I had dun goofed and left it back in the stuck truck. starvingart is understandably annoyed (not really, kinda, maybe a little) but I'm extra pissed at my stupid mistake. Just need to laugh it off at this point, we'll shortly find a stuck sedan, manage to un-stuck it and decide we can come back later for the gear.

Looking for a good spot to set up shop. We contemplate the meaning of life. Why is this day so shitty? And why does it have to rain all the time? Is this Seattle or what?

sR92Ppm.png

Sigh...

Off we go again.

E1rb5el.png

There is a huge desync/laggy issue while driving, framedrops are crazy. I can't remember what happens to the truck but I somehow manage to inherit of the sedan's wheel and off we go again.

It's pretty

HMaLsvZ.png

Not too bad but driving in cities is horrible and choppy. At some point I get a nice cruising speed and all of a sudden I realize something:

0H0yEAx.png

For those of you who watch Better Call Saul, I just pulled a Kim Wexler.

The desync caused me to entirely miss the slight curve in the road and here we are. A picture is worth a thousand words so I'll let art's reaction speak for itself.

I bended the steel beam. This day is true shite.

Art needs to stop for a bit in a sacellum. I stay outside out of respect for the religious experience. He's probably praying to all sorts of different gods to grant him the strength to put up with me at this point.

KZV8yNC.png

Shitty day almost over.

HELgVnr.png

• Like 6

Will the devs keep green clouds effect or will they remove it?DBhXToEXgAESGMQ.jpg

First time really getting to play with vehicles in DayZ.  First 2 have been offroads.  Really enjoying them.

prW7sT7.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arkzar said:

Will the devs keep green clouds effect or will they remove it?

Guess it's the other way around now: it's not a feature, it's a bug.

On 6/14/2017 at 4:05 PM, Baroness said:

Looking for vehicles

It is a windy night tonight in Chernarus; trees are swaying under the breeze, blowing at a steady 18 mph ( a 4, on the Beaufort scale, if you'd like to know.)

I wake up on the coast, Berezino to be more exact.

Excellent examples of the new lighting.

And on another note.. what the hell ever happened to the barricading buildings idea? I havent seen or heard anything for a while tho i have been a bit quite on the forums.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Excellent examples of the new lighting.

And on another note.. what the hell ever happened to the barricading buildings idea? I havent seen or heard anything for a while tho i have been a bit quite on the forums.

It's going to be a while before things like that get added as it may require features that haven't been added yet.

My character atm is in Berehzki at private server. Every time when i log in, i see around 7-10 guns in few house, its few sporters, p10, shotguns etc. Do you guys had same situation? Not sure its just server spawn bug, global bug or something else...

19 minutes ago, TokumeiSennin said:

My character atm is in Berehzki at private server. Every time when i log in, i see around 7-10 guns in few house, its few sporters, p10, shotguns etc. Do you guys had same situation? Not sure its just server spawn bug, global bug or something else...

if you wanna set up gun store.....go berehzki
and please.....can we have just one server in private,8x acceleration and 1pp...and populated...please!

Edited by kopo79

maybe 20 minutes on server...raining,cold,hunger...i found t-shirt and then pistol with magazine with 5 bullets.
i get the t-shirt and other things...but GUN!!!!
everytime when i play....GUN...the effects that when you find a gun is gone away..reduce the guns in civilian buildings....

and also...im suffering again bug when you try to join on server....
launch dayz...in server screen,choose server and connect....game shuts itself and you are in start.
this is extremely frustrating when queye is +5

Edited by kopo79

Some visual bugs I am experiencing: not sure if already known or should I submit to the tracker :/

weird white outline I get on objects in the distance (at night)

N5Oakr2.png

bqEgSy7.png

That white pixel visual static-y noise. This is very weird to look at D: See all the little white pixels on the tree on the ground. These are flickering whenever I move the camera.

jnCHR6u.png

• Like 4

going in the near future the next patch? Or will I wait another half a year to 0.63 ??
Since the release of 0.62 I had the game running for several hours (about 10). But I played on the server for about 1 hour,
Last 4 days I have not played at all, each running game caused crash
Either right in the loading screen or within 5 seconds of the server connection.
I would like to play, but it's already annoying as I still try to turn on the game

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125544

aaand...fresh spawn...runned on some church....T-Shirt.
next target was railway carriages...shotgun,derringer,12 gauqe buckshot,and izh 18 rifle.
devs have touched clearly on loot spawns...this is going to wrong way now.
disappointment:(
F2A3A6379562590023EDB0531BC380224C7D3C4D

also i think that devs should look gun sounds quickly because when you set your volumes to good level that ambient wind feels good and maybe wanna hear also another players sounds....but when firing a shotgun,my ears just sufferedhearing damage.

Edited by kopo79

Loot is still too high.

It's too easy to survive. We need dynamic wells that can be contaminated with sickness or simply broken.

• Like 1