Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.139835

I found stone on train tracks somewhere south of Svetlo once. I know not all tracks have the stone though.

48 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

To work around finding stones inland, is to make your own, use a pickaxe and mine a large stone then split it to make a stone knife.  

I did not know this is a thing! thanks Bob!

• Like 1

@Kirov (DayZ)  The way I memorized the new stony ground textures was by looking at the coast.  It'll be a light tan color, with larger stones and smaller stones mixed as a texture.  There are some inland, but rare.  Right along the railroad tracks is one of the better places to look. The house on way to Khelm from Berezino PD also has texture.

My stone solution for this patch, get a pickax and mine then split large stones.  The ice ax is best, because there is not a long animation.  You can carry up to 8 small stones per stack, so stock up while you can....

• Like 3

I love the new dirt roads, by the way. The way the grass is growing on them looks really good. The game is so beautiful, really good job devs.

• Like 3

Just now, VVarhead said:

I love the new dirt roads, by the way. The way the grass is growing on them looks really good. The game is so beautiful, really good job devs.

Don't you just love how those cute little stumps grow right in that tall strip of grass along the middle, just waiting to stop your cargo truck dead; or how when driving a sedan, you will all-of-a-sudden lose traction and be completely unable to get out of valleys if that is the only road in or out of the area?

Gerstern I wanted to continue to "play" my character on the "official veteran hive", but I could not connect. On no one. So I took a "Fake Veteran Server" and started from a new beginning as a freshi ^^ 5min later a house in a house a frightened player ... he was very disturbed, I calmed him and we came into a conversation .. I as swiss With bad english, he as a Czech also with bad english ... hey that was perfect. He did not know how to get food, I started to help him, showed him the basics, then when we grilled a chicken nugget was the server down. ... I did not see him again ... a shame ... the server went down again every 20min down .. I hope you did it my CZ friend.

Sejdeme se ještě někdy?

Edit: @emuthreat the roads are not finished... wait for remake, it have many trees on the roads, the remake of all roads are a lot of work. How many miles are this ?

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

I as swiss With bad english, he as a Czech also with bad english ... hey that was perfect.

As an American who speaks only english and some 4th grade spanish, I live for moments like that.  The Cz dudes really add to the immersion!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

My stone solution for this patch, get a pickax and mine then split large stones.  The ice ax is best, because there is not a long animation.  You can carry up to 8 small stones per stack, so stock up while you can....

Wait a minute, large stones can be split into small ones? With pickaxes and ice axes? Wow, that's an embarassing thing not to know.

When was this implemented?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Wait... 0.54 or so. But there was only in the quarry of Solnichy these rocks / rocks ... I'm not quite sure.

4 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Edit: @emuthreat the roads are not finished... wait for remake, it have many trees on the roads, the remake of all roads are a lot of work. How many miles are this ?

It's not the roads that are the problem, it is the collision behavior with certain new landscape assets.  For instance, those sticks/logs on forest floor that player can run over without tripping, which will stop cargo truck dead; as well as the grey, rotten stumps of small size

4 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Wait a minute, large stones can be split into small ones? With pickaxes and ice axes? Wow, that's an embarassing thing not to know.

I looked up stone ovens. .53 was the first I saw of large stones. Can be mined from field boulders, but not cliffs.  Not sure when I discovered the split stones action, but it's like gold now.

@klesh Love the new pfp, it is the best of everypeeoples.  I now go see if I can again tan pelts from aenimaals, but not the stinky ones.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

It's not the roads that are the problem, it is the collision behavior with certain new landscape assets.  For instance, those sticks/logs on forest floor that player can run over without tripping, which will stop cargo truck dead; as well as the grey, rotten stumps of small size

I looked up stone ovens. .53 was the first I saw of large stones. Can be mined from field boulders, but not cliffs.  Not sure when I discovered the split stones action, but it's like gold now.

@klesh Love the new pfp, it is the best of everypeeoples.  I now go see if I can again tan pelts from aenimaals, but not the stinky ones.

Thank you for telling me about the pickaxe and ice axe to get stones.

• Like 1

Hello developers. I come from Brazil at the request of all Brazilians. Well, I'm a dayz creator and I ask a little more attention to our servers that 80% stay overnight. With this, we are losing players who end up going to foreign servers. I as content creator I also implore the issue of '' Shadowplay '' which when recording the video becomes dark. Waiting for answers. Obs: translated by google translate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I thought I know all the environment-related mechanics, not anymore apparently; many thanks for that! I got back to practice bow shooting and I was eating through all the knives, saws and sickles like crazy. With 8 stones in my pocket I can shoot even more.

Please confirm anyone who gets the word about tanning, wearing leather clothes really adds to hunting. Any info when the wolf pelts get tannable?

• Like 1

Following a couple people...
BxJkFI5.jpg?1

As they disappear over a crest I start to chase, but see someone behind...
uKjgNmW.jpg?1

'Are you with those guys?'
'No dude, nonononono'

d8fzevD.jpg?1

While talking 'those guys' have suddenly turned 180 degrees, come back down the hill, and are barreling towards me...
RyzwVKI.jpg?1

Lies...
QJo4XEv.jpg?1

• Like 7

15 hours ago, klesh said:

As an American who speaks only english and some 4th grade spanish, I live for moments like that.  The Cz dudes really add to the immersion!

That's the great thing of being an European, you're able to learn a foreign language faster than Americans. I know my own language (Dutch), English, German and a bit of French. :)

9 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I thought I know all the environment-related mechanics, not anymore apparently; many thanks for that! I got back to practice bow shooting and I was eating through all the knives, saws and sickles like crazy. With 8 stones in my pocket I can shoot even more.

Please confirm anyone who gets the word about tanning, wearing leather clothes really adds to hunting. Any info when the wolf pelts get tannable?

Wolf pelts are already tannable, only not in this patch though since tanning in general is bugged.

Maybe another small thing a lot of people might not know: you can search for worms with your stone knife.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IMT said:

Wolf pelts are already tannable, only not in this patch though since tanning in general is bugged.

That's good news! And I guess I have some catching up to do!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Vat I hear?  Stinky one in natur make for best purse tannings, yeah?

vkJVItf.jpg

Edited by klesh
  • Like 6

with the new hive system, are there any official servers that are popular?  Every full server I see is a rented server, so is this a way for the Dayz group to ax all the official servers to save money?  

16 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Yes I know what you mean. I'm assuming that the Devs check the roads real and not just replace the textursets. There are some other unsightly, funny, street sections that still need some grind.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

Yes I know what you mean. I'm assuming that the Devs check the roads real and not just replace the textursets. There are some other unsightly, funny, street sections that still need some grind.

Is there still that huge invisible rock/pile of something at the junction in Pustoshka, near the supermarket? I totalled quite a few vehicles there back in the day.

16 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I had forgotten all about it. I didn't even have it listed on the wiki! (Just added it though.)

I spawned on the coast yesterday.

A zombie came after me.

I one-shot him.

With a rock.

A rock.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Ice axe, guys, ICE AXE.

Infected, average 3 hits.

Garden plots.

Rock mining.

Can run full sprint with in hand, no penalties.

Fast swing animation, little refresh time.

Takes 2 slots and no animation when hot bar activated. Just instantly in hands.

Ice axe.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Snip snip snip snip snip....

Psst ...top secret informations.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:12 AM, Gobbokirk said:

2) I have found patches to search for stone inland this patch, but it was a lot harder to find than it used to be, I am putting down to having to re-learn the ground textures more than anything though.

Don't forget sharpening your stone knife with the big mined rocks.

Edited by Excanto
Someone Said it already

After 0.62 went to stable my "Hold Breath" keybind is unbound and when i rebound to Secondary Mouse button as normally, the sway is still there i dont get that 1-2 seconds of steady aim. Quite notable on Long Range Scope and PSO-1 at 300 plus meters.

I Couldnt find any bug report or forum discussion about it (i have allready deleted Dayz.cfg folder and validate files via Steam), any ideea whats going on ? Thank you .

• Like 1