Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.139835

Hello Survivors,

Stable 0.62 update is out and we are looking for feedback now.

If you are not familiar with what is new in the 0.62 update:

• New tree models
  • Denser forests
  • New clutter (grass, small plants)
  • New surface textures - plains and such
  • Improved wind behavior
  • New shader for the wind, affecting trees and grass
  • Tweaked and changed lighting for the world
  • Small improvements to satellite textures
  • Rain affected by wind and refinement of its behavior in general
  • Many reworked locations on Chernarus
  • Reworked ghillie (to be consistent with new tech)
  • Small bugfixes to some issues from 0.61
  • New ambient sounds

Do you have a game crash? We would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our Feedback Tracker. By submitting those files, you can help us to solve game crash issues.

And this is the place for your bugs: https://feedback.bistudio.com/

Thank you for your help, Survivors.

• Like 13

That was very quick indeed, the move from experimental to stable, which is great.

However, i myself and a friend i’m always playing with both notice a significant drop in FPS compared to 0.61. Strangely, this is most noticable in cities, not in forests (however also there a 20 FPS drop is noticable). Furthermore, the both of us experience stuttering in cities.

We now play on the lowest settings possible, which makes the game look horrible, and still we get way lower frames then we used to.
This really is a pity, as the performance plays such a big role in the whole experience. Not to mention that it wasn’t all that great to begin with, anything worse then it was really isnt something this game can afford in my opinion.

For the record, i play on a gaming laptop and my friend on a mid range pc. They both are nothing special, but they both are able to run for example gta V on High settings at 60FPS.

My question to you is: Is this something that still has your attention? Are you still working on crucial performance improvements or is this the way it’s going to stay?

Goodbye experimental 0.62 and hello Stable branch!! Thanks all for the great work! Keep it up Devs!!! 0.63 is right around the corner with the big beta milestone!! Cheers all!!

17BE29FFB4CF83ACFA6425C044B92A5A0B9B8884

• Like 10

Thank you!!

The look and sound of Chernarus has taken a massive leap forward!

I appreciate the hard work and dedication of the devs and look forward to all of the awesome changes to come!

Na zdraví!

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, CJOhrtmann said:

That was very quick indeed, the move from experimental to stable, which is great.

However, i myself and a friend i’m always playing with both notice a significant drop in FPS compared to 0.61. Strangely, this is most noticable in cities, not in forests (however also there a 20 FPS drop is noticable). Furthermore, the both of us experience stuttering in cities.

We now play on the lowest settings possible, which makes the game look horrible, and still we get way lower frames then we used to.
This really is a pity, as the performance plays such a big role in the whole experience. Not to mention that it wasn’t all that great to begin with, anything worse then it was really isnt something this game can afford in my opinion.

For the record, i play on a gaming laptop and my friend on a mid range pc. They both are nothing special, but they both are able to run for example gta V on High settings at 60FPS.

My question to you is: Is this something that still has your attention? Are you still working on crucial performance improvements or is this the way it’s going to stay?

We are working on performance improvements all the time. Everything can be changed. 

• Like 4

The changes to public hive are absolutely horrible.

Apparently official and rented servers now have different hives, but it's not working for rented servers, so you get a new character everytime you join a different server. I have 8 publich characters alive right now and no way of selecting them.

I thought this was a bug but apparently it's intentional. It was never ever communicated or even teased, people are very confused in my group of players. 

You rendered our rented public server basically useless, since it's essentially private now.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125435

Hello everyone and thank you for the report.
Currently the official public servers have a different hive from the rented public servers. The change has been intentional so the players have an option to play on the purest public hive without server storage resets, pre-made loot camps on the servers and similar.
Regards,
Geez

What's up with that? I seriously don't understand this decision.

7 minutes ago, Iqfish said:

What's up with that? I seriously don't understand this decision.

I suspect it's a continuation on the topic of disallowing of renting public hive servers, with the know issues that come with them.

I am sure Baty can correct me if my guess is wrong though.

Just now, Gobbokirk said:

I suspect it's a continuation on the topic of disallowing of renting public hive servers, with the know issues that come with them.

I am sure Baty can correct me if my guess is wrong though.

It's not acceptable that this was not communicated. We pay a lot for our server and it is not working as advertised.

3 minutes ago, Iqfish said:

It's not acceptable that this was not communicated. We pay a lot for our server and it is not working as advertised.

Is it only separate from the officials though and shared with other public servers?

Some announcement/Sticky to save the topic to be explained would be nice though.

Is it only separate from the officials though and shared with other public servers?

Some announcement/Sticky to save the topic to be explained would be nice though.

No, like I said: You get a new character for every single rented server you join. I have 8 alive right now.

It is true that the official servers share the same character, but all the rented ones have different hives now, which basically makes them private.

Just now, Iqfish said:

No, like I said: You get a new character for every single rented server you join. I have 8 alive right now.

It is true that the official servers share the same character, but all the rented ones have different hives now, which basically makes them private.

Sounds like there is an issue with the rented hive then.

I am guessing that quote you had was from the feedback tracker, if so it is an issue not working as he described to you there.

2 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Sounds like there is an issue with the rented hive then.

I am guessing that quote you had was from the feedback tracker, if so it is an issue not working as he described to you there.

Well, Geez went ahead and changed the status of my ticket to "reviewed" so that's nice.

I'm just gonna create a new ticket then, it can't stay like this

Edited by Iqfish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Iqfish said:

Well, Geez went ahead and changed the status of my ticket to "reviewed" so that's nice.

I am pretty sure you'll hear more there tbh. If every rented works as a private as you say I can't see that being intended.

I am pretty sure you'll hear more there tbh. If every rented works as a private as you say I can't see that being intended.

Well try it out yourself if you want. I have yet to see a rented server where the "feature" works

Just now, Iqfish said:

Well try it out yourself if you want. I have yet to see a rented server where the "feature" works

I believe you, don't worry :)
Still stuck at work here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iqfish said:

Honestly, that is actually a good thing because it prevents the widespread abuse that had been going on previously with rented public servers where a majority of them were being used so the owner and their friends could gear up and then go and KOS on other public servers without having to worry about not being able to get highly geared if they were to be killed. I, personally think they made the right decision and shouldn't allow rented public servers on the main public server hive.

• Like 3

Just now, LordBlackwolf said:

Honestly, that is actually a good thing because it prevents the widespread abuse that had been going on previously with rented public servers where a majority of them were being used so the owner and their friends could gear up and then go and KOS on other public servers without having to worry about not being able to get highly geared if they were to be killed. I, personally think they made the right decision and shouldn't allow rented public servers on the main public server hive.

Read what I wrote.

The rented public servers are not connected to each other, so each of them is isolated and essentially a private one. I cant imagine this is what they intended.

It's incredible how you released the 0.62 on the stable after only (maybe) a week from the release on the experimental. Many thanks for the work you, devs, are doing about.

Beans!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Iqfish said:

Read what I wrote.

The rented public servers are not connected to each other, so each of them is isolated and essentially a private one. I cant imagine this is what they intended.

Like I previously said, it was probably done intentionally to prevent widespread abuse of server owners and their friends renting a public hive server and creating a camp with high end gear so they can go KOS on other servers without fear of not being able to reacquire more high end loot. 

Just now, LordBlackwolf said:

Like I previously said, it was probably done intentionally to prevent widespread abuse of server owners and their friends renting a public hive server and creating a camp with high end gear so they can go KOS on other servers without fear of not being able to reacquire more high end loot. 

The official quote is: 

Currently the official public servers have a different hive from the rented public servers.

That means rented servers have a different hive, but a shared one. This is not the case right now.

The current situation makes private servers obsolete. That doesnt make sense.

Looking great, thanks:)

Here's my issues so far:

1.  While driving, got the memory leak error.  when I restarted, the sedan was dead.  Didn't look like I had hit anything.

2.  Why was the "fast forward" key bind removed?

4 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

You're misunderstanding. The intention was to prevent PUBLIC and PRIVATE servers from being shared on the same HIVE. The issue is he cannot have all his PRIVATE servers to share ONE HIVE.

1 minute ago, DannyDog said:

You're misunderstanding. The intention was to prevent PUBLIC and PRIVATE servers from being shared on the same HIVE. The issue is he cannot have all his PRIVATE servers to share ONE HIVE.

Not really.

Their intention was to create a Public official hive and a public rented hive.

The rented hive is NOT working though, since you get a new character for every new server you join.

Update: In my new ticket Geez said the issue is a bug and they are working on it.

Hello lqfish and thank you for the report.
We are aware of the issue and currently we are working on resolving it.
Regards,
Geez

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125451

• Like 2