nl

make 'pristine' more important

Right now a pristine item looks better and can take more damage, fine.

How about making 'containers' like shirts, pants and backpacks more important to be pristine. For example: a badly damaged backpack will have about 4 random slots 'greyed out' where you cannot place items. It will also mess with your ability to put multi-slot objects where you want them or maybe even prevent it. Patching it up may restore one slot. Same for clothing. This will make having pristine items more important. Patching it now only really restores how an item looks and somewhat enhances the damage it can absorb.

Also, taking damage should not only ruin an item but also the slot it's in.

Edited by nl
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, nl said:

Right now a pristine item looks better and can take more damage, fine.

How about making 'containers' like shirts, pants and backpacks more important to be pristine. For example: a badly damaged backpack will have about 4 random slots 'greyed out' where you cannot place items. It will also mess with your ability to put multi-slot objects where you want them or maybe even prevent it. Patching it up may restore one slot. Same for clothing. This will make having pristine items more important. Patching it now only really restores how an item looks and somewhat enhances the damage it can absorb.

Also, taking damage should not only ruin an item but also the slot it's in.

I like the idea. Nowadays the only negative effect of having the damaged clothing is the absorption of damage. Most people only change their clothes for a matter of storage and only repair it for aesthetic (and damage absorption). Having said that, it would be logical for the state of affairs to have much more impact on its limitations. For example:

• Slot reduction as mentioned
  • Possibility of the weapon not firing
  • Calibration on damaged sights is inaccurate
  • Limitation to the absorption of damage as it happens today
  • The salines restore a lower%
  • The suture or sewing kit only do it from one state to another instead of directly to worn (when they are damage)
  • The effect of the climate and body temperature feel more depending on the state of the clothes (honestly I do not know if it works nowadays this way, I think not)
  • Among other alternatives.

I repeat, I really like the idea of slot reduction.

Beans !!!

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 1

BTW, I would like the damaged slots to be "random", so it may really mess with the way you can store items.

I feel all this features will come ingame.

this would be needed badly in game.

a question remains. what happens if your bag is full and it gets damaged???

20 minutes ago, smofi said:

a question remains. what happens if your bag is full and it gets damaged???

Easy answer:

You lost items... first the small/little items then in one line the biggers an more weightning.

First unpacked amunition/nails ...  at last Clothes oder big light things.

22 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Easy answer:

You lost items... first the small/little items then in one line the biggers an more weightning.

First unpacked amunition/nails ...  at last Clothes oder big light things.

your answer is quite difficult for me to understand what you mean by it exactly :/ 

but as i reviewed my question the answer would be ( that makes sense to me ) : the random blank( unusable spots ) in the "container" ruin items completely ...for example in your jacket there are 4 spots and if you get shot 1 randomly gets blank and the can of beans as an example gets ruined completely to unusable level and after you remove it from the inventory the blank unusable spot appears...similar thing should apply to larger items...as another example a gun...smaller guns (handguns) get ruined when only 1 spot is removed randomly from the inventory after geting shot. Larger guns would need to have 2( maybe add a chance only 1 being enough ) spots in the container to get ruined completely beyond repair. Also when geting shot at some sort of damage is added to other items aswel but not as significant. 

• Like 1

You mean right, only little different.

My idea: if you lose inventory places --> the item falling on the ground and have the same conditions.

Your idea: the item are ruined an the slot are after replace visible that its destroy (lost slot)

Your idea are very fine if you get attacked by shoting.

My idea are better by attackings from Wolves/Infected.

Cross fingers ^^